Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814294 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4365 on: July 11, 2020, 09:51:47 PM »
Hi Pen,

Glad to hear you are leading an enjoyable social life.  Pity about the housework and shopping,  Clever cartoons.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: July 12, 2020, 02:28:20 AM »
Hi Jack

I think housework is overrated & I hate shopping >:D :laugh:  I do need to mow the lawn tomorrow though.  One of my neighbour's cats is very diddy & I don't want her disappearing!

Your wine cartoons really tickled me :laugh:

Off to the kitchen to ping a curry :-H
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: July 12, 2020, 02:34:27 AM »
ps is your new puppy going to be a girl or a boy or don't know?  Wonder if we need to start thinking of names? :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: July 12, 2020, 04:08:58 AM »
ps is your new puppy going to be a girl or a boy or don't know?  Wonder if we need to start thinking of names? :laugh:

Don't Know.  If we can get two - one for each household we have expressed a preference for one each but the owner will make the final decision.  There has been a lot of discussions here about names. Bonnie for a girl and Rusty for a boy seem to be favorites.  Suggestions are invited though.  Two of the litter are traditional black and white - two are brown and white.
Regards, Jack

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: July 12, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
Jack

Are you OK ?
My computer says that you posted at 4:08 am.

Michael

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: July 12, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »
Hi Michael,

Just on my way back to bed after doing a necessary job for myself.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: July 12, 2020, 04:44:48 PM »
Expect to see a lot of photos

I understand they are one week old tomorrow and already facebook stars. Mum's a cutie.

Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: July 12, 2020, 05:50:09 PM »
Well Jack and June, I must say that I'm very impressed with how quickly you have made things happen. You've chosen a beautiful part of Redlands and I hope you'll both be really happy there. I can't remember...does June golf too?
And to be "quite close" to your grandchildren will be lovely...for all of you. And a puppy....couldn't ask for much more!
Good luck and best wishes for the next few weeks,
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: July 12, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »
Oh Jack.  How beautiful!  You have no idea how much of an animal lover I am.  The Mad Woman Of The Blue Mountains.  I only have to open the front door and all the wild animals and birds come from everywhere.  I'm afraid I'm a bit too old now to have a pet.  But I'm more than happy with my visiting critters.  Enjoy!
I'll sleep in my next life

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: July 12, 2020, 06:46:20 PM »
I have never had a collie of my own but as a very young girl I was besotted with my neighbours collie. Ricky was often in our house too.The Mum looks beautiful and I am very impressed with the way the breeder is looking to home the pups. Far too many  breeders just sell for the highest price to whoever is willing to pay it.Puppy prices here have nearly  quadrupled during lockdown. A Cocker Spaniel like my Holly would have cost around £650 to £850 but now they are asking £1500 to in excess of £2000! Yet all the rescue charities are bracing themselves for an influx of pets as so many people bought  during lockdown and will not want to cope with "stroppy teenage" pups when they are back at work. I got my Lab many years ago because full time workers had bought an intelligent breed and wondered why he ate their kitchen.I despair sometimes but I can't rescue them all and anyway Holly would pack her suitcase if another dog came in the door!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: July 13, 2020, 12:50:24 AM »
Well said Christine.  People are stupid, selfish idiots.  Some with more money than sense unfortunately.  Reminds me of that slogan a few years ago "A dog is not just for Christmas" Change it to "a dog is not just for lockdown"  The greedy beggars who sell these dogs without a thought should be locked up.
Rant over!  Hope you managed to find the Guinness sausages.  They're still in my local Sainsburys :)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: July 13, 2020, 12:54:05 AM »
I hope you enjoy it.
The Dish is set in 1969 around the time of the first moon landing.
So there's a good dose of nostalgia in the movie too.

My daughter & I watched The Dish yesterday evening Michael & we absolutely loved it.  A real cracking good film.  Zoe's comment at the end was "I'll be watching that again!"  Thanks for reminding me!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: July 13, 2020, 01:29:33 AM »
G'day Jack

I've had a lovely fairly lazy day today :)  I cut the grass this morning & this afternoon sat in the garden for a little while.  A rare beautiful day here.

The puppies & their mum are beautiful.  I quite like Bertie for a boy dog :)  No idea why - perhaps I was thinking of Hugh Laurie & Jeeves & Wooster :laugh:

Going to have a rootle about in the fridge & see what I can find :-H

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: July 13, 2020, 03:03:51 AM »
Hi Penny
the slogan you mention is from what was the Canine Defence League ( I got the Lab I wrote about  from them in around 1985) which is now The Dogs Trust and they do a wonderful job but it is like the little Dutch boy putting his finger in the dyke.
Still not tried the Guinness sausages as I haven't been to Sainsburys  for quite a few weeks. As we are threatened with rain tomorrow I may venture in that direction as I have a day off.

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: July 13, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »

My daughter & I watched The Dish yesterday evening Michael & we absolutely loved it.  A real cracking good film.  Zoe's comment at the end was "I'll be watching that again!"  Thanks for reminding me!

It certainly is a 'nice' movie.
Glad you liked it.

If you ever go there to visit, look out for the apple tree.
It is said to be a descendant of the tree under which Sir Isaac Newton sat.
( Trivia ? )

Michael