Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814599 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4350 on: July 06, 2020, 06:14:24 PM »
Good luck Christine - I do hope you get booked in very soon.
Failing that perhaps the groomer could do yours as well as Holly's >:D  :laugh:

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: July 06, 2020, 09:45:47 PM »
Hi Pen,

Christine was right that some people strip the houses they have sold before moving out.  My parents had this problem when they bought a house in Raymond Terrace in the 1980's.  These days the contract between buyer and seller tends to be very specific about what is included in the sale.

One of the lowlights of today was booking a hotel in Sydney for next week.  I got a central booking service in America that books for the word wide chain.  I had trouble understanding the American woman's accent and she had trouble understanding my cultured Australian English  :D,  After about an hour of what should have been 5 minutes I asked that secure parking should be included in the booking she gave me a phone no at the hotel to arrange it for myself. The reason for the stay at the hotel was to make our last visit to our splendid dentist who I have spoken about before.

The area that we are looking at is Redland Bay.

Another big day tomorrow, so I will leave it at that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:49:26 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: July 06, 2020, 11:27:19 PM »
Hi Jack

It sounds a bit like pulling teeth trying to book that hotel :laugh:  Very appropriate in the circumstances!!

I've had a look at Redland Bay & it looks gorgeous.  It has a beautiful golf course  :laugh:

What do you get if you cross a mouse with an oil can?
A squeak that oils itself.

What is the difference between a gardener and a snooker player?
One minds his peas, and the other minds his cues.

I'll leave you with a couple of daft jokes ;D

I hope you find your new home tomorrow :)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: July 07, 2020, 12:53:00 AM »
Hi Penny
Holly looks sleek and cool and I am sure that  she feels better. I did get praise from the groomer for my lockdown attempts so that was nice!
I had considered asking her to help me but I called at the hairdresser this morning and got an appointment for a week on Saturday so the end is in sight!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: July 07, 2020, 01:36:50 AM »
That's brilliant Christine :)  Holly's sorted & you're not too far behind!  Nearly home time for a well earned cuppa!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: July 08, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »
Hi Pen,

We have had a busy time of it the last couple of days.  Our new car arrived yesterday and they could design a university degree course understanding all the instruments and control features.  It even has facial recognition in the windscreen, so that when I sit in the driver's seat and start the engine it has a message "Hello John" and adjusts a number of settings such as rear vision mirrors to be the same as when I last drove the car.   When June starts the engine it responds "Hello June" and makes adjustments for her.

Today I managed to get the old Holden sold.  It was not for much money but at least it is one less thing to worry about.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: July 08, 2020, 11:22:24 PM »
Hi Jack

That sounds very high tech!  Don't wear a face mask when you get in the car or that might flummox it- :laugh: 

I'm taking some lieu time & leaving early today.  Going to Sainsburys to get a bit of shopping & then home :)  rain, rain & more rain here

I hope the house hunting is going well.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: July 09, 2020, 10:09:35 PM »
Hi Pen,

Another busy day.  I think we may have found a house and we have a lead on a Border Collie pup that we may be able to buy.

I'm hoping to be less busy next week.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: July 10, 2020, 12:07:58 AM »
Hi Jack

That's the best news :)  A house & a puppy fantastic - I'm so very pleased Jack (& June of course!!)

My colleague & are enjoyed your cartoons - especially the Norbert one :laugh:

I look forward to hearing more about the house & puppy when things get a bit less busy :)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: July 10, 2020, 01:22:25 AM »
Hi Jack.
Fingers crossed that the house and puppy do indeed come your way and do so with ease. The new car sounds like my idea of a nightmare!David and I drive elderly cars and hope to keep them for ever as technology is our pet hate. I stopped selling cars at the time when more customers asked me about Bluetooth than about the engine and it has only got worse since then now they want to talk to me too!  Last year we looked at a BMW and I announced that if we bought it I would not drive again. There will no doubt have to be a compromise vehicle purchased in the next few years but I dread it. Anyway as I say I hope it all continues to go right for you both.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: July 10, 2020, 09:17:44 PM »
Hi Christine,

I am the opposite about technology.  I generally love it.  However, even though we received a briefing on all the features not much of it stuck.  Subaru have a good practice - after a month the give a free Check and Chat to see whether there a any bugs and to explain any questions you have after a month of practice.  June would wholeheartly agree with you.  She loves her 1993 Nissan.  It looks like new as it has only done 70,000 kilometres.

We got word today that we can have one of a litter that was born 4 days ago.  In 3 weeks we can go and see the pup but the breeder doesn't separate the pups from their mother until they are nine weeks old.  Prospective owners have to be interviewed and approved a s suitable, before they are allowed to buy a pup.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: July 10, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »
Hi Pen,

I haven't been so involved in paperwork since I retired but I hope we are headed for a period of calm shortly until we start receive our furniture and start unpacking.  We are still in the cooling off period but don't intend to exercise our option although we have have received a condition report today which revealed a few flaws but not enough to call the deal off.

Alan has pointed that it is not a good idea to reveal specific details  because although I would trust the forumites anybody on the internet can read our posts. I can reveal we are only 4-5 minutes from the golf club.

We have shelved our plans to go visit the dentist at this time as the coronavirus statistics are taking a turn for the worst and there is some fear Queensland will shut its border again.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 11, 2020, 05:28:15 AM »
Hi Jack

I've had a busy & enjoyable day off catching up with 2 old friends.  One's a former work colleague who retired last year.  I haven't seen her properly since before lockdown.  This afternoon I met up with my oldest & dearest friend, Barbs.  We had a lovely walk & had a chinwag over a cuppa.  Throw in a little housework & shopping & that was my day gone.  I've recorded the highlights of an old Wimbledon semi-final between Borg & Gerulitis.  I will enjoy it with a glass of sauv blanc :)  Shock horror no pink muck tonight :o

Very sensible not to reveal specific details on here though I'm pleased to read the golf club is within spitting distance >:D

I loved your Trump cartoons :laugh:  I'll leave you with a small random assortment.

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 11, 2020, 06:17:55 PM »

Hi Jack and June

So pleased all your plans are coming together

Best is that you are getting another Border Collie

Expect to see a lot o photos

Keep well

Carol

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 11, 2020, 09:32:09 PM »
Hi Carol.

Thanks for your good wishes.  We might have had second thoughts about an active dog at our age but we have firm commitments from our family here that they will make up for any shortcomings on our part and they have applied to get another pup from the litter.  The pups will live separately but should get to see each other frequently.

We get to meet the pups tomorrow fortnight.  The owner will take another fortnight to match the pups with the most suitable recipient and then three weeks later when they are nine weeks old we can bring them them home.  The timing fits in well because by then we should have been in our new house for a month and hopefully it won't be too much of a shambles.
Regards, Jack