Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814528 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4320 on: June 30, 2020, 01:20:05 AM »
For the bonus point can you name the heroine please.

What Price innocence?  Jane probably didn't know the other meaning of her first name. >:D
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: June 30, 2020, 04:31:38 AM »
Top marks as usual Jack & an extra point for the witticism :laugh:
For the first time in yonks I got near to a rosette on the Challenge game that closed a little while ago.  I missed one word >:( deco!
grrr!!  Never mind...
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: June 30, 2020, 10:51:17 PM »
How do Jack

All quiet on the Western front...so far!  I have an afternoon on fracture clinic for my delectation :laugh:

I've got a nice simple little puzzle for you today! It's a film.  9#

For your bonus can you say what links that film with

8#5#5#

I wonder if you can guess where I'm going on Friday from a couple of my cartoons :laugh:  I'm very excited as I haven't been since March :-)
& no I'm not taking part in Crufts!! :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: July 01, 2020, 12:52:07 AM »
Hi Pen,

Greetings from Pokolbin in the wine producing area of the Hunter Valley.  We have decided to have a day off from the tensions of house moving.  Unfortunately, the WiFi the hotel provides is limited so I have to keep to simple functions.

Your puzzle reminded me of a jingle from my youth.  “Brylcream, a little dab will do you “ only it was slathered on rather than sprayed.  I had, still do, a crew cut and so never used it.

Would your bonus point have something to do with Jack Revolting having an obsession with the hots on the sixth day.

Are you off to the Hairdresser? Remember to wear a mask.

More, later today.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:56:13 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: July 01, 2020, 01:14:24 AM »
That sounds like a great idea.  I looked up Pokolbin on Ms Google & it looks a beautiful area.  Will you be bringing back a few bottles of sauv blanc? >:D

I presume you're pulling my leg - I'm going to my hairdresser!!! :laugh:
I would love to go & visit Linda & Christine - but I would need a haircut first  >:D

Sorry forgot to say you were bang on with my silly puzzle.  I do of course remember Brylcream though thankfully it had gone out of fashion by the time I was old enough to care :laugh:  I do remember the overwhelming stench of Brut & Hai Karate aftershave when I was a teenager!! I blame 'enry Cooper :laugh:

Enjoy your break :)

Home in half an hour hurrah!

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: July 01, 2020, 02:57:39 AM »
Penny if you look anything like me you would not be let into Crufts! It would have to be Scruffs for you!!  I have not got a mobile nos for my hairdresser so I need to see the salon lights on and I will be waving madly through the window! ( Hope she recognises me)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: July 01, 2020, 03:05:47 AM »
I also meant to say that the smell I associate with 70's aftershave is Denim. The ad was good (early stirrings of feeling men may be better than boys) but then I got a job between school and Uni on a production line and the  first line I worked on was for Denim aftershave. Trying to put the little plastic splasher things in was not a skill I mastered and I splashed gallons of the stuff over me and got some funny looks on the bus home!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: July 01, 2020, 04:32:22 AM »
Penny if you look anything like me you would not be let into Crufts! It would have to be Scruffs for you!!  I have not got a mobile nos for my hairdresser so I need to see the salon lights on and I will be waving madly through the window! ( Hope she recognises me)

Very funny & very true Christine.  I suspect your dog looks a lot smarter than me at the moment!  Have you thought about putting a note through the door of the salon with your phone number on it?  You never know.  I'm in the lucky position of working with my hairdresser.  She works 4 days in X-Ray booking appointments & hairdresses at home on some evenings & Fridays.

Have to admit I'd forgotten about Denim until you reminded me.  As you say a good ad but I honestly can't remember how it smelt!
Bet you'll never forget >:D

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: July 01, 2020, 05:39:19 AM »
Wow thanks Penny! Your extra hair obviously ferments better ideas than mine! I'll try that!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: July 01, 2020, 05:42:51 PM »
I wonder if you can guess where I'm going on Friday from a couple of my cartoons :laugh:  I'm very excited as I haven't been since March :-) & no I'm not taking part in Crufts!! :laugh:

Hi Pen,

????  All I can find on google is an international dog show.

I have had a delightfully restful day in Pokolbin.  A sleep-in, a leisurely breakfast, wine-tasting at three vineyards, a superb plowman’s lunch in the open air, and a poppy nap in the afternoon.  It is a long time since I have been so relaxed.

I’m off to get another Japanese takeaway and am looking forward to a good night’s sleep and a four-hour drive tomorrow. :-C

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:52:17 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: July 01, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »

????  All I can find on google is an international dog show.

I have had a delightfully restful day in Pokolbin.  A sleep-in, a leisurely breakfast, wine-tasting at three vineyards, a superb plowman’s lunch in the open air, and a poppy nap in the afternoon.  It is a long time since I have been so relaxed.

Hi Jack

I haven't had a haircut in more than 3 months & am starting to resemble a scruffy, rather hairy mutt :laugh:  Hence the reference to Cruffs!

It sounds like your trip to Pokolbin has done you the power of good :)  Sometimes you don't realise how stressed you are until you actually stop & relax.

Nearly lunchtime thank heavens!  Busy morning.
Cheese & tomato & salad cream in a cheesy topped roll :-H  (sorry Linda >:D)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:04 PM »

Hi Pen,

Did I forget to tell you we are not going home?  We are heading north at a gentle pace.  So far the old car is Holden together. Tonight we are staying at Coffs Harbour.  As we were on the sundeck of the surf club having a late lunch, it was 75oF.

With a bit of luck tomorrow we will be in Queensland.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: July 02, 2020, 09:09:23 PM »
Hi Jack

You failed to tell me that you're having a rather splendid road trip :)  I looked up Coffs Harbour & it looks lovely though I was slightly puzzled by this...

75f sounds perfect :)  It's chilly & grey here & barely scraping 60f :(

Will you be viewing houses when you get to Queensland?

Wish I was there - I'd make a good back seat driver >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: July 03, 2020, 02:57:18 AM »
Hi Pen,

Australian Towns have a penchant for Big Things

The nearest one to the Southern Highlands is Goulburn's, Big Merino.  It's a ram and if you approach it from the back, they are big. >:D

We are viewing our first house at 11 am tomorrow (Saturday).

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: July 03, 2020, 04:54:47 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm happy & relieved it's Friday tomorrow :)  Feel a bit knacked :-Y

Loved the "big things" :)  Some of them are absolute whoppers :o

Hope the viewing goes well.  I look forward to hearing more when you get chance.