Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814498 times)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4260 on: June 22, 2020, 03:06:58 AM »
Would it be wrong to say that he might share his favours?!!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: June 22, 2020, 04:10:39 AM »
Sounds perfect to me ;)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: June 22, 2020, 05:06:13 AM »
Hi Pen,

I woke up and saw your puzzle and realised the last picture didn’t come out on the iPad.

Being a Slave of Duty, I had to get up and see if it came out on the computer and it did.  It ant necessary to work out the puzzle, so it probably isn’t worth fixing.

I think G&S is considered to be legitimate opera these days.

You were spot on with your solution to my puzzle.

Being an innocent antipodean, you will have to explain your first two cartoons to me >:D.  I loved the Collie one.

I have got to go down and leave a few things at Andrew’s place.  He may come back with us to keep our spirits up or to help us drink our spirits down, or both. :D  The car is waiting for us up in Brisbane.

I thought I would get this post off before going back to bed because I don’t expect to be up to posting tonight.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:11:42 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: June 22, 2020, 07:17:05 PM »
Fight!  Fight!  You're welcome to him.  A bit on the chubby side for my liking!!   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: June 22, 2020, 07:25:57 PM »
Hi Jack

Spot on with the puzzle - I don't know where my ants went :laugh:

I have to whip down to Canberra and back tomorrow (Monday), so this is a quicky.
This was the reason for my 2 cartoons >:D
It's great that Andrew's coming back with you - hopefully he'll keep you in order :laugh:

Leaving you with a few more collies :)  The kittens are for my own benefit >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: June 22, 2020, 07:32:32 PM »
Fight!  Fight!  You're welcome to him.  A bit on the chubby side for my liking!!   >:D

He definitely has put a few extra pounds on but that doesn't bother me!  Still find him very dishy ;)

Look forward to hearing what you're planning for lunch today Linda :-H  Mine's a repeat of yesterday!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: June 22, 2020, 08:48:12 PM »
Well, Pen, I've decided to stop stuffing my face and try and get back to the weight I was before lockdown.  Easier said than done.  So today I am going to have a salad ... boring, but I will feel virtuous.  Lettuce, spring onion, tomato, beetroot, maybe tuna, maybe sardines and a little of my crunchy coleslaw.  Will no doubt be famished by tea time ...

I was trying to think who I would fight you for.  Not that many but I do like the character of Foyle.  Find something strangely attractive about him!  He's got better looking as he's got older.  Can you remember him in the Italian Morse?  He wasn't a very nice character and nowhere near as attractive as he is now.  Weird crush?!       Off to chop and slice salad stuff!  >:D

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: June 22, 2020, 08:48:37 PM »
I like a bit of meat on my men! James also likes his cars and his dogs. We went to a show a few years ago where he cooked a bit and talked about his other interests. It was very entertaining.
Do you want to be the ref then Linda? I may need to borrow the Chanel handbag Penny as mine are of more lowly status!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: June 22, 2020, 09:04:13 PM »
I could be ref, Christine, as I'm not bothered about winning the affections of the chubby boy!  >:D >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: June 22, 2020, 10:26:15 PM »
Oh Linda the salad sounds quite delish but not very substantial!  I think you need a nice granary roll to go with it >:D  I suspect you're going to be very hungry by tea time!!

I don't think the Foyle crush is weird - I do get it.  As you say he's improved with age. I do remember him in the Italian Morse. He's much nicer in Foyle!   I watched Inspector Barnaby on Saturday evening.  Judgement Day.  It tickled me that Orlando Bloom was in it - before he became a Hollywood Star :laugh:

My weird crush is Matthew McConaughey!

I'll bet you'll be having biscuits with your afternoon tea >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: June 22, 2020, 10:30:16 PM »
I like a bit of meat on my men! James also likes his cars and his dogs. We went to a show a few years ago where he cooked a bit and talked about his other interests. It was very entertaining.
Do you want to be the ref then Linda? I may need to borrow the Chanel handbag Penny as mine are of more lowly status!

I'm quite jealous that you've actually seen him Christine!  I enjoyed the programme he made in France with Keith Floyd's old car (think it was a 2CV?)
Can't offer you a Chanel bag I'm afraid.  Got a Kipling bag with a dangly monkey if that's any good? :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: June 23, 2020, 12:28:43 AM »
I'll bet you'll be having biscuits with your afternoon tea >:D

Well that's where you're wrong, Pen.  Just a cup of black coffee to fill me up until my evening meal.  Am slightly hungry but feel a bit thinner already!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: June 23, 2020, 12:38:18 AM »
Brilliant willpower Linda :)  You're a better man than me Gunga Din!  Will it be more rabbit food for tea or something a little more substantial?  I've got scotch egg salad & new spuds :-H

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: June 23, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »
I love a scotch egg!  For me, I have some coated chicken things to go in the oven with some cauli, cabbage and gravy.  Sounds odd, I know, but is very tasty and very filling.  No spuds for me tonight - had some lovely Lancashire new spuds on Saturday with my salad.  Thing is, I have to cover them with lots of butter and, as it was salad, lots of salad cream!!  My willpower is quite good when I set my mind to it, which is not v. often at the moment.  Only really want to lose about half a stone so it shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: June 23, 2020, 01:36:12 AM »
Good luck Linda :)  I do admire you as I genuinely have little or no willpower.  Hope you reach your goal of half a stone in double quick time :)  If you walk loads that will surely help.

I've had 2 really awful lots of new spuds.  I got Charlottes the week before last & threw half of them away. so this week I went for Jerseys (bit late for them I thought) & they're no better. Floury, tasteless & black areas in them :( I will have to eat them as I have nowt else!!

I love gravy nearly as much as I love salad cream >:D