Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820440 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4215 on: June 17, 2020, 10:56:58 PM »
Oh Linda I'm salivating just thinking about your lunch  :-H  Very green with envy!

It's as black as night here & grumbling & rumbling & flashing like mad.  Just hope it stops before I have to drive home.  Otherwise I'll be having the screaming abdabs :laugh:

I loathe sewing with a passion.  When I was at school, (about a hundred years ago!), we had half the year needlework & the other half cookery.  It once took me the whole half a year to make a waistcoat while all my classmates knocked up dresses, skirts & heaven knows what else.  It was always a huge relief when we moved on to cooking >:D

You have a great, well earned relaxing evening :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: June 18, 2020, 01:19:54 AM »
Hi Pen,

I was guilty of a misspelling in my last text.  The last paragraph in This item on tickety-boo will enlighten

Yesterday (Wednesday) was another busy day and an early night.  I think we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I won't be specific because it might be a train coming from the other direction.

While we are wishing for a happy outcome, let's have a few cartoons out of season.

I'll try to think of a puzzle later today.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: June 18, 2020, 05:02:33 AM »
I'm not sure you're allowed Christmassy cartoons at this time of year :laugh:

I've had a busy day but no work for me now until Saturday.  We had a tremendous thunderstorm this afternoon.  The lightning struck something & there was an enormous bang which made us all jump & squeal :laugh:  We found out later it was a statue outside A&E

Not the most attractive piece of artwork >:D  It's still intact!

Hope you can soon share some happy & positive news :)
Penx

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: June 18, 2020, 06:11:25 PM »
Hi Pen - I recall with horror making a stuffed toy lamb (why?) in needlework - the fabric started off as a lovely lemon colour and as the months (!) passed by it became a lovely shade of grey, probably mixed with sweat and tears!  How I hated that bloody lamb!  The teacher was none too impressed either!

Lazy day today.  Got yet more washing on.  Not planning on doing anything that requires much effort apart form thinking about forthcoming meals, obviously!

Have a lovely day.  >:D

Still not liking that demon icon so much ...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 18, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »
Oh Linda -that's bloody hilarious :laugh:  You've cheered up a rotten miserable day!
It's bucketing down here with no signs of a let up :(
I've done some washing - it's optimistically hanging on the airer as I don't have a tumble dryer!  I'm having a short tea break before I do a little more light housework!!  I intend to be joining you in laziness this afternoon :-Y

On the plus side I've made myself a corned beef & tomato sarnie (with salad cream of course) for lunch :-H  Hope you remembered to get some!

You enjoy your lazy day - well deserved I reckon :)
No it's not a patch on the old one >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 18, 2020, 09:31:15 PM »
Hi Pen - I don't have a tumble dryer either ... something else we've got in common!  My washing is fluttering away on the line.  It's warm here but a bit overcast now.  May be set for a bit of a thunderstorm later, hopefully!!

Doh!  I knew I had forgotten something when I last ventured out to the shops.  I'm going again tomorrow and am going to put corned beef on my list right now. Jealous of your lovely sarnie.  Scrambled eggs for me today - okay but not brilliant as I slightly overdid them and they were bordering on the rubbery side!  :(

Fancying something spaghetti(ish) for tea tonight!  Yum! 

Shall we start a 'bring back the old demon' campaign?  Come on, Alan, you know you want to!!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 18, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »
I'm not sure you're allowed Christmassy cartoons at this time of year :laugh:

It's quite common, actually, Pen.  the ex-poms often celebrate Christmas in July because  the weather is closer than their memories of a traditional Christmas.

Promises.  Promises. and I've let you down again, Pen.

But I'll compensate with a little news.  We have finally found a prospective purchaser (PP) who we could reluctantly agree with on a price.  The legal process from that point in NSW is that the PP puts down a small deposit (0.25% of the agreed price) which allows them to do due diligence on the financial and structural integrity of the property.  At that point, if they can find the money, and they are satisfied, they put a more substantial deposit (traditionally 5% or more) down and exchange contracts which prohibits us from seeking a higher bidder (gazumping) but they have a five working day cooling down period in which they can change their mind.  After that if they pull out for any reason not specified in the contract, they forfeit the deposit to us.  At an agreed date the conveyancer sorts out the debits and credits with the local shire, takes the estate agent's and their whack out and puts the remainder in our bank account.

In the meantime, being optimists we are calling quotes from removalists.  Evaluating them is a bit of a nightmare because they all quote on different bases and  it is hard to compare apples with apples.  So we have been kept a bit busy. We have also put a deposit on the Subaru.

Our Brisbane family has renewed searching for likely properties up there.  Their focus has moved away from Ormiston-Wellington Point to Redlands Bay, about 25 Kilometres south.  The properties are bigger on the average and less expensive.  Anyway we will have plenty to look at when we hopefully get up there.

So no humour or puzzles tonight, Pen, but perhaps tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 09:56:45 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 19, 2020, 04:42:28 AM »
Hi Jack

Don't think it's fair to say you let me down when you have such a lot going on at the moment!  It's fantastic news about the house & I hope that things proceed nice & quickly.  Can you not ask Blue to act as a removal man? :laugh: >:D  Or better still get a recommendation from somebody you know.

I've had a busy morning & have been a little lazy this afternoon :-Y  I blame Linda >:D  Joking apart I just felt totally knacked.

I'll be back tomorrow & hope to be firing on all cylinders :laugh:  My mission is to find a tricky little teaser for you!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: June 19, 2020, 04:52:38 AM »
Hi Pen - I don't have a tumble dryer either ... something else we've got in common!  My washing is fluttering away on the line.  It's warm here but a bit overcast now.  May be set for a bit of a thunderstorm later, hopefully!!

Fancying something spaghetti(ish) for tea tonight!  Yum! 

Shall we start a 'bring back the old demon' campaign?  Come on, Alan, you know you want to!!  >:D

I'm more than happy to join your campaign Linda >:D
Do you think Alan would take any notice of a petition with 2 signatures on it? :laugh:

I had guinness sausages, mash & beans for tea.  Totally delish.  Hope your spaghetti(ish) dish was good. Better than your scrambled eggs at lunchtime :)

Have to confess that we don't share a love of thunderstorms.  To be honest I'm terrified of them & once or twice have hidden in the cupboard under the stairs!  Friends/family have been known to message me & ask if I've got out from under the table yet!!

Don't forget your corned beef tomorrow!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: June 19, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »
I had guinness sausages, mash & beans for tea. 

Yum!  Hope the mash was soft, buttery and peppery.  I had a mock spag bol.  Mince, onions, tin tomatoes, mushrooms .. and spaghetti, of course ...'twas very tasty. 

I do love a thunderstorm, Pen, but can understand why you don't as they can get scary ... you wouldn't want to be caught out in one.  I do find them exciting, except when the electricity goes off in the middle of watching something good on TV - Morse or Midsomer Murders!!  >:D

Will no one else join our 'Bring Back the Old Demon Icon' petition? >:D

Off to Kendal later this morning to do some shopping. Corned beef is in big bold letters at the top of my list - now all I need to do is to remember to take the list!

Have a lovely day!

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: June 19, 2020, 07:32:56 PM »
I am off to Kendal Sainsbury today and Guinness and Leek sausages are on my list as you two keep mentioning them. Forget to get them a few weeks ago on the last venture. I went back to work this week after 12 weeks on furlough. Bit weird but nice to see people again. 2 days free to enjoy now.

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: June 19, 2020, 07:40:31 PM »

Sorry, but actually I quite like the new one.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: June 19, 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
Yum!  Hope the mash was soft, buttery and peppery.  I had a mock spag bol.  Mince, onions, tin tomatoes, mushrooms .. and spaghetti, of course ...'twas very tasty. 

I do love a thunderstorm, Pen, but can understand why you don't as they can get scary ... you wouldn't want to be caught out in one.  I do find them exciting, except when the electricity goes off in the middle of watching something good on TV - Morse or Midsomer Murders!!  >:D

Off to Kendal later this morning to do some shopping. Corned beef is in big bold letters at the top of my list - now all I need to do is to remember to take the list!

Hi Linda

I trust you are home from shopping with not one but at least 2 tins of corned beef >:D  Pays to have a spare one in the cupboard!

Your mock spag bol sounds scrummy :)  I should try cooking something like that & freezing portions so I have easy food when I get in from work.  I start with good intentions & then get lazy.  It's not always easy catering for one.  Working tomorrow so going to get a pepperoni pizza out of the freezer later for easiness (read laziness for that :laugh:)
My mash was very good!

Most of the electricity here in MK is underground so we very rarely have problems with a power cut.  Nothing worse than Inspectors Morse & Barnaby being interrupted!!

It's stopped raining here for 5 minutes so I've pegged my washing out.  I suspect it'll end up with me doing a mad dash to the line in a few minutes.

I think that, sadly, we're the only 2 with an aversion to >:D   :laugh:

Have a fab day!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: June 19, 2020, 11:21:45 PM »
I am off to Kendal Sainsbury today and Guinness and Leek sausages are on my list   I went back to work this week after 12 weeks on furlough. Bit weird but nice to see people again. 2 days free to enjoy now.

Do hope you got your bangers Christine &, if you did, hope you enjoy them :)
I expect it's a bit strange being back at work after such a long break.  Good to get back to some sort of normality perhaps & I guess it possibly makes you appreciate the weekend more!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: June 19, 2020, 11:59:17 PM »
Back from Kendal laden with shopping and I did remember the corned beef - 2 tins, of course.  Just to be ultra cautious, I also bought some slices from the deli.

Had a nice browse around M & S and bought a top and some knickers!  Exciting!

Raining quite heavily here now so glad I got my washing done yesterday.

I am beginning to think we are the only two who have an aversion to  >:D Pen.  Looks like we're stuck with it!

Going to sit down with a cup of coffee and a digestive biscuit before preparing tea - Chicken Kievs, chips and peas - double yum!!