Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814576 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4065 on: May 25, 2020, 02:16:12 PM »
I'm going to click post & cross my fingers, toes, legs & arms & hope that I'm in business!

Hi Pen,

An alternative would have been to click Preview first.

The puzzle for today is the name of an American lyricist, librettist, theatrical producer, and (usually uncredited) director in the musical theatre.

5#2&3  11#6&5

The Bonus Question:  How many Tony Awards did he win?

And I’ll leave with some random thoughts:

Regards, Jack

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: May 25, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »
Jack , I didn't mean to upset you about your dogs. Sorry. Christine.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: May 25, 2020, 08:25:00 PM »
Hi Jack

It's a beautiful, sunny Whit bank holiday Monday & I'm at work :(  Never mind I have Thursday off instead to compensate :)  All quiet so far.  Sorry take that back I've just been shouted & sworn at because a lady (use that term loosely >:() was in the wrong place for her appointment.  Happy days!

Anyway, I loved your pictures - made me really chuckle & your puzzle was a little sneaky & tricky :)  I got the surname quite easily but the first name escaped me for some time.  Anyway I got there & the answer to the bonus question is that this gent won 8 Tony awards & 2 Academy awards for best original song.  It took a while for the penny to drop but he's the other half of Richard Rodgers :laugh:

My puzzle is what I thought yours was to start with!  It's another American musician but an entirely different
of

5# 11#6&5  last name of gent in first picture.

Your bonus question is can you please give the full name & place of birth.

I just found this joke by accident & it tickled me.  Hope it does you too!

There was a talent show in town & a nun decided to compete with her trained cat.  The Jury were very impressed by the nun & her cat & awarded her first prize. 
Next day the newspaper headlines read "Nun's pussy best in town"

When the Bishop saw the headline he almost choked on his coffee.  He immediately called the nun & forbade her from ever performing with the cat again.  To be on the safe side he said he'd take care of the cat.
The headline in the local paper the next day read "Bishop takes care of Nun's pussy"

This headline was too much for the Bishop so he gave the cat to the Abbess & hoped that would be an end to the matter.
The next day the headline in the local read "Abbess has the best pussy in town"

When the Bishop read the paper he promptly fainted.  When he came to, he called the Nun & said the cat couldn't stay at the convent any longer & she had to get rid of it.  The Nun sold the cat to a local farmer for £50.
(you can probably guess what's coming next...)

The next day, the headline in the local paper read "Nun sells pussy for £50"
Yes I know it's silly but it made me chuckle!

Only an hour til lunch :-H  Egg & tomato again for me today Linda :)

I'm so very sorry that Zephyr is no longer with you.  I guessed this was the case but didn't like to ask.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:27:56 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 25, 2020, 08:52:19 PM »
Egg & tomato again for me today Linda

Well, yesterday we discovered a load of thick bacon in the freezer and so today I am having bacon baguettes with ketchup!  V. calorific, v. tasty!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: May 25, 2020, 09:03:50 PM »
Well, yesterday we discovered a load of thick bacon in the freezer and so today I am having bacon baguettes with ketchup!  V. calorific, v. tasty!  >:D

Am very jealous Linda!  Can't remember when I last had a bacon baguette - with ketchup of course :-H

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: May 25, 2020, 09:07:25 PM »
I haven't had one for ages either so it will be an extra special treat!  Am going to make it now ....

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: May 25, 2020, 11:39:52 PM »
Hope the bacon lived up to expectations Linda!  Nice & crispy yummy!  My neighbour is a wonderful cook.  On saturday she brought round a big piece of cake & left it on the doorstep.  It's sponge which has tinned fruit salad in it & coconut & walnut on the top.  Still warm out of the oven & moist & delish.  Yesterday she knocked with a scone & jam & clotted cream.  Not a scone as I know it but it was flatter & wider. Also still warm out of the oven. Gorgeous.  I did tell her that if she carries on like this I'm soon going to need a bigger pair of trousers :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: May 26, 2020, 12:32:41 AM »
Bacon was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful - plenty of ketchup and a white bread baguette with lots of butter!  I will be wearing kaftans soon!!  >:D

Your neighbour sounds perfect - I never get such treats left on my doorstep!  If only I could get someone to bake Cornish pasties for me that would be heavenly!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: May 26, 2020, 04:19:16 AM »
Now there's an idea Linda - I hadn't considered a kaftan :laugh:  Wonder if they'd notice if I wore it to work instead of my uniform!

My neighbours are amazing -  I'm so very lucky.  I couldn't ask for better.  They've done so much for me over the years.  She even came out with a cuppa last Thursday when I got home from work :)

I love Cornish pasties :)  Especially the ones you get in Cornwall.

Oh no the talk of kaftans has just popped an image of Demis Rousos into my head :o  Better go & lie down in a dark room :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: May 26, 2020, 04:36:41 AM »
Jack, I didn't mean to upset you about your dogs. Sorry. Christine.

No need to be sorry, Christine.  I wasn't at all upset.  Zephyr crossed over the Rainbow Bridge the day after Boxing Day last year.  He had decided it was time to go and decided not to accept any food, even his previous favorites. I am sure he knew what the visit to the vet was for.  He went with dignity and surrounded by love.  I decided not to announce it as everything that needed to be said was said when Daisy died.

When we talk about them, as we do often, it is remembering not the sad times but the funny incidents or the joy that they gave us over a decade.  As an obvious dog lover, you will understand this.

We have decided that we will get another dog, probably a pup, as soon as we get settled in Queensland.  Although we are not able to give a young dog as much exercise as they need, we will have two active grandkids close by who are keen to pitch in.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: May 26, 2020, 04:57:22 AM »
Hi Boss,

Good Cartoons and great joke.  Musician's initials are BJFS, born at Monmouth Medical Center, in Long Branch, New Jersey, on September 23, 1949. He is of Dutch, Irish, and Italian descent.

I knew you had twigged about Zephyr.

I am not looking forward to going back to Ontrac after an absence of three weeks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:31:50 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: May 26, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »
Morning Oh Wise One

Hope you weren't too knacked after Ontrac this morning!  Was so pleased to read that you're going to get a pup once you've moved to Queensland.  I can look forward to lots of pictures :)

Top marks on your puzzle solving :)  Maybe I need to try & come up with something a little bit more tricky >:D  My brain's not in tip top condition this morning :(  No idea why.  My got up & go got up & left!

Here's my silly joke du jour ;D
A young man strides into a chemist and asks for a packet of condoms. The pharmacist replies: 'They come in packs of three, nine, or 12. Which would you like?' 'Well,' the young man begins confidently, 'I've been seeing this girl and she's really hot. I want the condoms because I think tonight's the night. We're having dinner with her parents, and then we're going away for the weekend.
Once she has seen what I'm like in the sack, I reckon she'll want me all the time. So you'd better give me a packet of 12.' The pharmacist hands over the condoms, and the young man leaves, all puffed up and proud. Later that evening, he sits down to dinner with his girlfriend and her parents. Before they begin, however, he suddenly asks if they can say grace. The family agrees, but is taken aback when the young man continues praying silently for several minutes, once the grace has finished. Eventually, his girlfriend leans over and whispers, 'You never told me you were so religious.' The young man leans back and whispers, 'You never told me that your father is a pharmacist.'

I'm a bit stumped for a puzzle at the moment so I'll give it a bit of thought.

Like Arnie I'll be back...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: May 26, 2020, 08:33:45 PM »
Found a brilliant old film by accident & going to try it as a puzzle.  3# 11# (4/7)
The
For your bonus please name the star of the film.

Nearly lunchtime.  Cheese & coleslaw in a cheesy topped roll :-H  (not a rasher of bacon in site :()

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: May 26, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
Tuna savoury for me today, Pen!  Been lazy though and bought it in a tub.  Will have to pick out a few of the red peppers now! 

Against my own advice, I cast my clout yesterday!  Thank goodness I did as it is warming up quite a bit here!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: May 26, 2020, 09:27:15 PM »
Maybe I need to try & come up with something a little bit more tricky >:D

Hi Pen,

You started it.

Even so, I am knacked so a shorty tonight.

The puzzle to start. The name of my favourite Clint Eastwood movie.

#3  #5  #3  #6  #4

Bonus Point:  Who Played the female lead.

There is a bit of morbid humour in this picture. 

I think I’ve got the answer to your puzzle  but I don’t want to be a smart Alec.  I’d need a pint of that stout Irish drink to be sure.  If I am right you can put it in the book of records.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:08:02 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack