Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814369 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4035 on: May 21, 2020, 08:26:16 PM »
Another of my absolute favourite sarnies!!  I'd forgotten about corned beef and will hasten out to buy some today.  Always with tomato and English mustard, occasionally with Branston pickle.  Is it time for lunch yet?!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: May 21, 2020, 08:52:27 PM »

If I saw that on the golf course I would be running as fast as my short little legs would carry me :laugh:

Hi Jack

I was trying to be helpful but you missed my extra sneaky clue >:D

Loved your cartoons & jokes - especially the Zoe one :laugh:

Your puzzle had me a bit perplexed for a while & it took me a second visit before I cracked it.  I had heard of this lady but I had no idea she'd written a fair few books.
Is it possible she might be in charge of these 2...

The heroine of the novel is Liz Carlyle.

My puzzle is a book by a former MP.  4 words. #2 #4 #3 #4
the

For your bonus please say who wrote the book & who is the main character.

Nearly lunchtime Linda.  Corned beef with pickle is also very yum!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:56:00 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: May 22, 2020, 05:11:32 AM »
Hi Pen,

I was a bit thick yesterday. I missed all type of clues.  This post may not get to you before you retire for the night but I will keep it short in case.

Great cartoons on subject. You nailed my puzzle.

I got yours first go. I must be more on the ball today.

The author was the same guy that wrote .  Is the main character the PM or the man who wears the crown?

I've got some news which I should get around to this afternoon.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: May 22, 2020, 07:35:57 AM »
Hi Jack. Just off to my pit & spotted your post. A very brief reply :-Y
Top marks on your answer.
Hope your news is good news. Look forward to hearing from you later.
Friday tomorrow :)
Doing this on my phone so hope it's ok.
Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: May 22, 2020, 08:18:04 AM »
I've just noticed my last puzzle had a problem of not showing the last picture on iPhones and iPads.

Here is a substitute
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: May 22, 2020, 09:20:42 AM »
Hi Pen,

A quick special for Radiology Technology week.  I know it's not now but I just found these cartoons.  for the record:

The American Society of Radiologic Technologists founded National Radiologic Technology Week in 1979. When it first began, the week was held July 22-29. The date was later changed to commemorate the invention of the x-ray, which occurred on November 8th, 1895. The annual celebration takes place each year during the week that includes November 8th.

A lesson in being positive to end with

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:22:13 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: May 22, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
Hi Pen,

I have now watched the two series we talked about recently.

Porterhouse Blue

The YouTube quality was quite adequate.  I agree that its objective is satirical and it does that quite well. I appreciated bits of it rather than enjoyed it.  Part of my problem might have been that if they had not been such nasty people, I would have been on the side of the new Master and his wife.  I fully supported the changes they were trying to introduce.  But then perhaps I don’t have the understanding of what it is to be an English Gentleman.

Blot on the Landscape

I quite enjoyed this one. The copy I got was just by googling the title and finding a site dailymotion.com which has all six episodes.  The picture quality was very good.  A lot of the action was over the top but when it came to the end of each episode, I was looking forward to the next.  I wouldn’t say it was one of my favourite series but definitely worth a watch.

Last night we had one of our worst storms for some time.  Driving wind, hailstones mixed in with snow and two inches of rain.  I think we missed the worst because we didn’t find any damage whereas there were reports of widespread damage reports from elsewhere, mainly to roofs.  The ice from the hail was still on the ground in shaded areas after midday today – some 18 hours later.

We also got a phone call to say our photos had been published and that we are to have an open house at 1.30 pm on Saturday (tomorrow).  So, at last, we are underway.

This is the lounge/dining area after their styling

Back when clubs and pubs were allowed to open, Blue was having a couple of beers with Sergeant Bookham (Sarg) in the Bowral Golf Club.  Sarg told him that earlier in the week two prostitutes were riding around town with a sign on top of their car which said: "Two Prostitutes -- $250.00." Sarg, seeing the sign, stopped them and told them they'd either have to remove the sign or he would take them down to the police station and charge them.

Just at that time, another car passed with a sign saying: "JESUS SAVES." One of the women asked, "How come you don't stop them?!" "Well, that's a little different," Sarg smiled. "Their sign pertains to religion." So the two ladies of the night frowned as they took their sign down and drove off.

The following day Sarg noticed the two ladies driving around with a large sign on their car again. Figuring he had an easy arrest, he had just pulled them over when he noticed the new sign which now read: "Two Fallen Angels Seeking Peter -- $250.00."

He told Blue all he could do was laugh and let them go on their way.

That’s me done for the moment.  I’ll try to get back with a puzzle after I have had some liquid sustenance
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:20:00 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: May 22, 2020, 09:04:30 PM »
Hi Pen,

Like you on another occasion, I had a vague recollection that I may have used this one, but no matter how hard I search I cannot find it - so here goes.

It is the title of a memoir written by a man who for some years was in the same organisation as my previous author.

10#3&7

Hint: you only need the first 3 letters of the first picture.

Bonus Question:  What connection has the book with an ex-prime Minister of Australia?
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:32 PM »
Hi Linda

I was boiling in bed last night so I've casted my clout & put my summer duvet on this morning :o  Probably means we'll have a frost & I'll freeze my bits off :laugh:  Thankfully I still have my trusty electric blanket!
Just going to have my lunch - same as yesterday!  Corned beef & tomato :-H  Yummy!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: May 22, 2020, 09:37:46 PM »
Hi Jack.

You've been very busy with your posts while I've been toiling away at a little light housework :laugh:  I'll be back a little bit later when I've gathered my thoughts & had a social distancing walk with my friend Barbs :)   

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: May 22, 2020, 10:53:18 PM »
Still jealous of your corned beef and tomato!  Didn't get round to buying any yesterday.  Scrambled eggs for me today.  It is very windy here - hope the weather doesn't suddenly turn colder now you've cast your clout, Pen.  Don't say I didn't warn you!  >:D

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: May 22, 2020, 10:57:12 PM »
Hi Jack, Your styled room looks lovely...ready for potential purchasers. Good luck....I'd love to have a cuppa with you and June in Redlands one day.
Moyra.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: May 23, 2020, 12:32:24 AM »
  Scrambled eggs for me today.  It is very windy here - hope the weather doesn't suddenly turn colder now you've cast your clout, Pen.  Don't say I didn't warn you!  >:D

I fear you're going to be proved right Linda!  It's howling a gale here too.  My sheets got wrapped round & round the line & half the pegs fell out!  Rescued them before they ended up in the next road :laugh:
I love scrambled eggs on toast.  Perhaps you'll have corned beef tomorrow :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:15 AM »
Got the heating on now!  Chicken, new potatoes, sweetheart cabbage, green beans and gravy for tea!!  Yum!

I fear no corned beef sarnie for me tomorrow - no corned beef!!  >:(

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:22 AM »
Got the heating on now!  Chicken, new potatoes, sweetheart cabbage, green beans and gravy for tea!!  Yum!

I fear no corned beef sarnie for me tomorrow - no corned beef!!  >:(