Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814531 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4020 on: May 20, 2020, 08:56:33 PM »
Sardines in tomato sauce on ancient grain bread.  Not the best lunch but good for you!  I'd think I'd rather be having your lunch!  I try and have a no meat day at least once a week and am trying to cut calories since the lockdown weight gain!  :'(

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: May 20, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
Nowt wrong with sardines in tomato sauce!  I think I slightly prefer pilchards in tomato sauce but both are good.  I eat far too much cheese but I just love it & it's so easy just to knock up a sarnie the evening before while I'm cooking my tea.  On the days I don't work I enjoy a good dither about lunch before usually deciding on egg, ham, ham & egg or salmon or tuna :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: May 20, 2020, 10:18:14 PM »
Usually I dither between eggs (scrambled), eggs (with tomato and salad cream in a sarnie), tuna and salad cream sarnie, turkey sarnie, sardines or soup.  After that it's a question of what to have for my evening meal!  Problems, problems!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: May 20, 2020, 11:03:45 PM »
I think it's a stir fry for me tonight.  Have some veg in the freezer & noodles in the cupboard & a chicken breast in the fridge.  It's scorching down this way so a salad would probably be better but at least I wont have to put the oven on.  I hope you're not as rubbish at decision making as me :laugh:  I've got an awful dithery gene from somehere!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: May 21, 2020, 12:35:20 AM »
It's scorching up here, too!  I tend not to be too much of a ditherer - leave that to hubby!  I love a stir fry - usually turkey, chicken or pork with lots of noodles, veggies and bean sprouts!  Could just fancy a chow mein now I've thought about bean sprouts!  We have a great local Chinese takeaway but I will resist ... at least for today!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: May 21, 2020, 02:35:15 AM »
Might change to Penelope Pitstop ;D

That's a coincidence.  The reason I woke up was for a pitstop.

Your picture of a cocker was also a coincidence because the man on the radio tells me it is Joe Cocker's birthday.

I haven't got a clue in solving your puzzle.  I am going to have to phone a friend and ask for help from other forumites.

Must get back to bed.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: May 21, 2020, 04:44:48 AM »
Hi Jack

A small clue to help you along the way!  The first picture is a double clue (although you weren't to know that!)  It can either be the name of the group or how many of them there are.  Thought I'd have a change from Roman numerals :laugh:

We're having something of a scorcher today.  My car said 30c when I finished work.  Phew!  Not normal May weather

Catch you later

If I saw that on the golf course I would be running as fast as my short little legs would carry me :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: May 21, 2020, 04:52:57 AM »
It's scorching up here, too!  I tend not to be too much of a ditherer - leave that to hubby!   Could just fancy a chow mein now I've thought about bean sprouts!  We have a great local Chinese takeaway but I will resist ... at least for today!  >:D 

Pleased you're not saddled with being a ditherer :)  Can be a real pain in the neck!  Chow mein - very scrummy :-H  Throw in a spring roll or 2 & that would be perfect.

Going to be unbearably hot in bed tonight & I've still got my winter duvet on.  Of dear :(

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: May 21, 2020, 06:56:27 AM »
A small clue to help you along the way!  The first picture is a double clue (although you weren't to know that!)  It can either be the name of the group or how many of them there are.  Thought I'd have a change from Roman numerals :laugh:

Hi Pen,

I'd worked that out, it was the pup and Peppa pig jumping in the mud that had me flummoxed.

So I am still calling for help.
Regards, Jack

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #4029 on: May 21, 2020, 09:30:59 AM »
Don't look for too much detail, Jack. The second picture is just about size, I think, and in the third picture you don't need to think about the animals' identity, just concentrate on what kind of animal they are.

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: May 21, 2020, 10:27:32 AM »
Think about  your childhood in the nursery

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: May 21, 2020, 10:34:10 AM »
Hi Rose and Carol,

Thank you.  When you get the answer it is simple but getting on the right wavelength is sometimes hard and my nursery days were so long ago.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: May 21, 2020, 02:59:28 PM »
Hi Pen,

Penny, was anxiously awaiting her daughter Zoe's plane to land. Zoe had just come back from abroad trying to find adventure. As Zoe was exiting the plane, Penny noticed a man directly behind her daughter dressed in feathers with exotic markings all over his body and carrying a shrunken head. Zoe introduced this man as the new love in her life.  Penny gasped out loud in disbelief and disappointment and screamed, 'I said for you to find a rich Doctor .... a rich Doctor!'

Blue: Sweetheart, would you say that I'm the only man you've ever loved?
Sheila: Of course you are. Why do all men ask me the same silly question?

Vicar: I didn't see you in church last Sunday, Blue. I hear you were out playing football instead.
Blue: That's not true, Vicar.  And I've got the fish to prove it.'

My puzzle, at long last, is by a woman who reached the top of her profession before becoming an author of thrillers:

3  6#3&3 8

The    

Bonus Question: Who is the heroine of the novel?
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: May 21, 2020, 06:43:10 PM »
I've still got my winter duvet on

Me too!!  Cast ne'er a clout 'til May be out!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: May 21, 2020, 06:52:34 PM »
Of Linda that's so funny :laugh:  I can just hear my Mum saying that!
Corned beef & tomato sarnies today with a scrape of mustard (English of course!)  I managed to get some decent tomatoes that actually taste like tomato :-H
It's not 10 O'clock yet & already I'm thinking of lunch...