Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820301 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #3390 on: January 27, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Hi Pen

I admit to being a philistine when it comes to art and it was only the excellence of your choice of pictures that got Ms Google and me to the right answer after about 20 minutes of head scratching.  I showed it to Andrew and he looked at it for 45 seconds and came up with the right answer.  I asked my daughter whether she had heard of the picture.  She remembered a Sister Wendy episode it was featured in.  June was familiar with the picture.  So, you have brought me up to speed in one small way with the rest of my family.  A very successful challenge.

Andrew has suggested I respond with the statement, I can’t respond with a cryptic triptych but I can offer an  xxxx.

We are off to a Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon now and I will try to work out an xxxx this afternoon,
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:22:28 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: January 27, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »
Hi Pen,

Farmageddon was the best movie I’ve been to since Paddington Bear 2.

Now to the puzzle – easiest I have ever given.

The xxxx was an Anglo-Irish soldier and Tory statesman who was one of the leading military and political figures of 19th-century Britain.  The bonus point is for naming his horse.  Another point for naming a cuisine named after him.  Now you probably don't need to look at the pictures :D

6 9, 4 2 10

Hints:
6 two pictures the first must be pronounced in cockney.
9 two pictures the first contributing 6 letters to the answer, the second is a surname.
4  one picture -the gentleman’s nickname.
10 three pictures, the first two overlapping

, of
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: January 27, 2020, 10:24:18 PM »

Farmageddon was the best movie I’ve been to since Paddington Bear 2.

I'm not surprised. Aardman have never put their name to anything short of excellent.
I gather their next project is 'Chicken Run II', but no release date has been announced yet.

I guess I'm going to have to wait for 'Farmageddon' to be released on DVD - it will never be shown in the cinemas here.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: January 28, 2020, 03:12:28 AM »

Andrew has suggested I respond with the statement, I can’t respond with a cryptic triptych but I can offer an  xxxx.

I love it Jack :)

I'm pleased that Zoe's puzzle caused you a little head scratching & brought you up to speed with the rest of the clan :laugh:

I've just been out for some lunch with my friend Eve (my holiday friend who I work with) who is celebrating her birthday today.  It's quite funny but she was only talking about Farmaggedon when we were chatting.  She's intending to get the DVD & I'm hoping for a loan of it >:D

I very much enjoyed your challenge today.  I'm hoping the clip will provide my answer :)  It took me a while (head scratching from me!) but I did eventually remember the horse was Copenhagen & the dish is Beef

Blackadder

I'm a bit full of food & low on inspiration today so my puzzle is easy peasy :-Y

It's a painting by a Scottish artist who was born Jack Hoggan.  The word pattern is 3, 7, 6.

I'm going to have a quick 40 winks

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:14:24 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: January 28, 2020, 06:50:19 AM »
Hi Pen,

Congratulations on your rosette :-)

Full Marks on the puzzle including the Blackadder Clip which did indeed show you had solved it.

Here's a clip for you

Enjoy the last day of your long weekend.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:57:24 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: January 28, 2020, 03:47:53 PM »

The xxxx was an Anglo-Irish soldier and Tory statesman who was one of the leading military and political figures of 19th-century Britain.  The bonus point is for naming his horse.  Another point for naming a cuisine named after him.  Now you probably don't need to look at the pictures :D

Hi Ozzyjack and Hobbit,

I'm worse at rebuses than I am at Chihuahua, but you were right - I was able to answer all three questions from your hints. Finally - one I could answer!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: January 28, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »
Hi Again Pen,

As a treat to the boys we had lunch out at Samford, about 40 minutes away.

You can see what the attraction was.

This mightl tickle you but is a bit long and repetitive

The dog that adopted me in the photo below is a Kelpy Dingo cross
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:44:40 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: January 28, 2020, 11:04:39 PM »
Hi Ozzyjack and Hobbit,

I'm worse at rebuses than I am at Chihuahua, but you were right - I was able to answer all three questions from your hints. Finally - one I could answer!

That's brilliant Birdy! So satisfying when you solve them :)

Pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: January 28, 2020, 11:41:54 PM »
Hi Jack

I'm enjoying my last day off before work tomorrow.  I wish I'd been to Samford with you - very jealous!  What a smashing picture :)  I particularly love that little bundle of black & white fur :-*  I think I would have had to stash it in my handbag & bring it home >:D  Mind you my handbags are so small the poor little mite would have been squashed :laugh:  I browsed the menu & made myself very hungry :-H  It's a bit random but I do wonder why mashed up avocado is popping up everywhere at the moment.  Must be the latest worldwide trend :-R

I enjoyed your Singing Butler clip & happy you solved it :)  I couldn't be tickled as the Facebook clip wouldn't open for me :(

Here's a quick & easy challenge for you before I have my lunch & meet my friend.

It's a 17th century figure from British history. 2 words 6, 8.  First name of the character in picture 1 please.  I've been a bit sneaky with the last picture.  It's a tradition that takes place in Derbyshire where my cousin lives in June/July.  First word only. 

]

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: January 29, 2020, 11:00:15 PM »
G'day Jack

Hope you've had a better day than I'm having!
This is me :laugh:

Hope things will improve after lunch :-H

A couple of silly jokes for you.

A man went into a bar after work and ordered a beer. As he started drinking his beer, he heard a female voice saying seductively, 'You've got nice hair'. The man looked all around him but couldn't see where the voice came from. A minute later he heard the same voice saying, 'You are a very handsome man.' The man was really puzzled by this so he asked the barman what was going on.
The barman replied, 'It's the nuts - they're complimentary.'

This guy walks into a bar, carrying a crocodile and a chicken. He sets them down on the stool next to him, and says to the (uncertain-looking) bartender "I'll have a Scotch and Soda." Then the crocodile says "And I'll have a Whiskey Sour." The (dumbfounded) bartender gasps "That's incredible I've never seen a crocodile that could talk!" And the guy says "He can't the chicken is a ventriloquist."

There were these two strings walking down the road when they came to a bar. They decided to stop in and have a few drinks. So they sat down at a table and noticed that they were not going to be served. So the first string said that he would go up to the bar and get a couple of beers.
First string: "Hey bartender, how about a couple of beers?"
Bar tender: "Sorry, but we don't serve strings here."
So the first string returned to the table and informed the second string of the problem. The second string said "no problem, I'll take care of this." So the second string stood up, frazzled his ends a bit and tied himself into a knot. He then walked up to the bar.. Second string: "Hey bartender, how about a couple of beers?"
Bar tender:"Hey, aren't you a string?"
Second string: "I'm a frayed knot" ... they got the beers...

I'll leave you with a couple of grumpy old ladies :)

Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: January 30, 2020, 12:58:15 AM »
Hi Pen,

Great Jokes,

I didn't know you were a fan of the Old Ironsides.

I had a busy day yesterday.   The boys started their school year and we cruised round a number of suburbs looking at houses, environments and shopping centres.  Ormiston is still our favorite.  Next visit we will get down to looking at houses for sale.

This time we did lunch at The Grand View.  The venue was interesting, the service was friendly, and the seafood was good but no better than The Lighthouse.

We have a very interesting day today so I must get back to sleep.  It is hard work typing in the dark with only the light from the screen lighting up the keyboard.

Have a great Thursday.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:01:11 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: January 30, 2020, 02:35:49 AM »
Well solved Jack :)

I look forward to hearing about your interesting day when you've had a chance to breath & sleep :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 30, 2020, 11:27:19 PM »
Hi Pen,

We left Brisbane just after 2pm and arrived in Canberra at 5 on the first leg of our trip home.  The temperature here is a bit warmer than it is at Brisbane tonight but the humidity is less.

The plane was chockers coming down. Two teams of Queensland Rugby Union was Really Ed’s coming down to play the Brumbies plus about 20 firefighters coming to reinforce the Canberra firefighters fighting a fire threatening the southern suburbs.

It is predicted to get to 41oC here tomorrow, so we will leave early to beat the heat.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 31, 2020, 02:22:00 AM »
Hi Jack

it's a balmy 7c here today :laugh:  Considerably better than the temperatures that were hovering just above freezing earlier in the week!  It seems like you've been away for ages but it's only been about 10 days.  I think you had a busy & very enjoyable trip :)  still

I had a little look at Ormiston on Ms Google.  It's gorgeous & a bit different from where you are now.  Quite exciting to be looking for a new home & moving.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't kidnap me a rugger bugger & gift wrap him & send to me first class male >:D :laugh:
I would have settled for a fireman but I know how vitally important their work is.

I couldn't find a tongue in cheek cartoon so you'll have to make do with these!

Have a safe & speedy journey home :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 31, 2020, 05:02:19 PM »
Hi Pen,

It was a very enjoyable visit but, as you say, there’s no place like home.

This is why Andrew decided to spend the weekend with us

It is 390C outside but only 26 inside.  I am getting soft in my old age but it is very comfortable.

A quick easy puzzle - A western song – 4 2 3 5

This is for you

Regards, Jack