Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814321 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #3180 on: December 10, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »
Hi Pen,

Your Poker picture focused my mind on the evils of gambling.

Blue has taken up betting on-line on football  games.

Sheila: How did you go with your bets today.;

Blue:  I had a really bad day.   I picked 5 out of 5 wrong on the Rugby League, 6 out of  6 wrong on the Aussie Rules and I backed the Aussies to win the rugby and they lost.

Sheila:  Never mind.  There’s always the soccer, tomorrow.

Blue:  But I don’t know anything about soccer.

Blue told his mates that he has worked out how to make a small fortune out of gambling.   You start out with a large fortune.

A strong young man at Blue’s construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength. After several minutes Blue said “I will bet a week’s wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that outbuilding that you won’t be able to haul back in the wheelbarrow.

The braggart replied “You’re on, old man, let’s see what you got.”

Blue reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to the young man he said, “All right. Get in.”

The challenge tonight was a TV series made in the '60s but which has been recycled frequently ever since. (8'1) 6.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:32:04 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 10, 2019, 09:29:41 PM »
I often wonder about why people keep them instead of drinking them.

Hi cmh  (is it Christine or Carol - I feel more comfortable using real names. - I assume Davemar is Dave)

Different folks, Different strokes.

It is beyond my pay grade to work out the psychology of why people collect things they won't use or won't sell (not that I have a pay grade any more :D).

You read about people who have bought stolen art objects that they can never own up to just to have the satisfaction of possessing them.   

I can understand collecting things that appreciate in value to make a profit out of them at some later date.

I prefer your sentimental reasons.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 11, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »
Hi Jack

Your puzzle was excellent & took me some time to solve! A proper brainteaser!  I finally got 'Gilligan's Island' :)

's

My puzzle is a film from 2017.  3, (6'1) 9
I loved it & have seen it twice!

No relevance whatsoever but I do love the IT Crown :laugh:

Clinic's getting busy time to assume professional receptionist position ;)

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: December 11, 2019, 03:42:57 AM »
Hi Jack
it's Christine and yes Davmar is Dave (well to his family but to me David!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 11, 2019, 03:06:49 PM »
Hi Christine,

Thanks for that.  It's good to know a little bit more about you and David.  Keep in touch.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 11, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »
Quote from: Pen
Your puzzle was excellent & took me some time to solve! A proper brainteaser!

SNAP!  I found yours the same.  As soon as I worked out the woman in the swimsuit was Elle, I knew what the second word was but I was struggling over the first word until I remembered a conversation in January about one of your favorited movies and how you and Zoe were going to watch it for a second time.  When I got the answer, I could see how clever the construction of the puzzle was.

WE were talking the other day about Peter FitzSimons.  His latest book is about a Yorkshire lad named James Cook who is quite well known in Australia. :D

His article in today’s SMH might also reference one of the reasons he is in London.

Blue is sometimes too helpful when a mate asks for a favour.  The other day he was talking to Choco when a Copper starts coming their way. Choco tells Blue the Copper has caught him twice for possession of marijuana.  He asked Blue to take his weed because the Copper wouldn’t suspect Blue.  However the Copper noticed the transfer.

“You’re going to jail for all that marijuana in your pocket!” the Copper said to Blue.

But officer, this weed isn’t mine. It keeps appearing in my pocket every time I flush it down the toilet.” Blue replied.

Oh, really? This I gotta see. If you can prove it, you’re free to go!” the Copper challenged.

Blue takes all the marijuana out of his pocket and puts it in the toilet. He then pulls the handle and watches it go down the drain.

Several minutes go by and nothing happens.

Why hasn’t the weed appeared back in your pocket?” the Copper asked.

What weed?” Said Blue.

The puzzle today is a line from a Simon and Garfunkel song.  It has been sung by many others including Aretha Franklin and Johnny Cash. 4,1,6,4,8,5

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: December 12, 2019, 01:39:55 AM »
G'day Jack

I might have guessed I couldn't

4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4 (bit easy peasy ;))
I'd forgotten that I'd mentioned that film all those months ago!! I think you really do have a brilliant memory :)  Think it might soon be time to watch it again!

Your puzzle was 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' :)

I enjoyed the article about the Gweagal Shield.  He presents a very compelling argument as to why the shield should be returned to Australia.

Here's a couple of silly jokes ;D

A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces: 'I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.'

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly. But when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it.

'So I went to the Chinese restaurant and this duck came up to me with a red rose and says "Your eyes sparkle like diamonds". I said, "Waiter, I asked for a-ROMATIC duck"

I'm fairly vertically challenged at 5 foot nothing :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: December 12, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »
Quote from: Pen
Your puzzle was 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' :)

Almost right, Pen.  That was the title of the song but the line was "like a bridge etc."

I once had a T-shirt featuring the 3 legged dog.  Your jokes and short people cartoons were very funny, and you were wrong - I’m so gullible anyone can pull the wool over my eyes. :D

I am a bit tired after playing abysmal golf today and I need to get to bed early because straight after Gym tomorrow we are heading to Canberra for the weekend.  So I will leave you with a puzzle.

These are characters from a much loved children's story which in it’s time has been a play, a novel, a movie and a pantomime. 
5 3, 5, 10, 3 3 9

Don't forget to vote!

Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: December 12, 2019, 09:27:42 PM »
What about......?

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: December 12, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »
Hi Jack

Just a quick flying visit!

I've got Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinkerbell & the crocodile :)  It took me ages to get the croc.  I had it in my head it was an alligator for some bizzare reason :-R  As Mike says where's Captain Hook? :laugh:
In my defense we've had a very busy morning & just enjoying a small lull :)

Here's a Strolling Bones song for you dating back to 1964

6, 3, 7

My short lived,  short breather is over :)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:45:17 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: December 13, 2019, 02:02:33 AM »
Hi Pen

If it hadn’t been for the pattern I might have guessed

Cyril John Mead embarrassed by his cock.

or Large partner browned off by a little crowing

However given the pattern I’ll have to guess at. Little red rooster

It took me a little while to work out what’s-his-name dancing wasn’t part of the clue.  :D

As to the omissions from the Peter Pan characters there were a lot of little and large Darlings but most notable was Smee who we met in a recent joke.

Must get back to  :-Z :-Z :-Z

Have you voted yet?
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 14, 2019, 02:02:16 AM »
Hi Jack

I voted on the way home from work yesterday!

Your alternative answers to my puzzle were hilarious :laugh:  Especially the first one - made me laugh very loudly!
A very welcome relief as I'm in the middle of writing about 794 Christmas cards :(  When I'm finished I'm going to walk to the local Post Office & spend about half of Christiano Ronaldo's transfer fee to Juventus on stamps :o (and that's second class :-R)  The stamps cost about 20 times as much as the cards :o

I'm going out for a Christmas meal with my receptionist work friends this evening :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend in Canberra :)
I'd better get...

3, 3, 4, 8 (drop last letter of 3rd picture)  A bit too easy peasy but I'm running out of time!  Zoe has give me a challenge for you which I'll do over the weekend when I have more time >:D

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 14, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »
This one is a song that is a favourite at this time of year. 7 3 3 5 8. This turned out easier than I planned.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:37:41 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 15, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »
Hi Jack

The buffoon did win but I will take him over the Marxist any day.  To be honest I'd prefer Mr Bean to be PM rather than Corbyn!  Sorry I know he's not real but he's pretty incompetent.  

I solved your puzzle - 'Rudoph the Red Nosed Reindeer' :) I now have it as an ear worm!!

Here is Zoe's puzzle for you

one word with 12 letters.  Her clue is it's anciently amphibious >:D

It sounds like you are having a splendid visit to Canberra :)  I had a smashing evening out with my friends last night :)

Sadly I have to work tomorrow so I'm soon going to slump in my armchair & watch Midsomer Murders with a small glass of sauvignon blanc :)  I'm going to enjoy the Christmas Tree that Zoe put up & decorated this afternoon.

The Steve Smith catch was amazing!
Reminded me of the brilliant catch by Andrew Strauss in the 2005 Ashes.
Andrew Strauss

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 07:36:12 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 15, 2019, 09:39:02 AM »
I am totally flummoxed by Pen’s (Zoe’s) puzzle. HELP ANYONE, PLEASE

The average contribution of each picture is 2-3 letters but without knowing what each picture contributes it’s a bit of a lottery.  Some thoughts:

Old Japanese man ear hear listen
Arm Tattoo tat white arrow
Red card sent off
Anne Hathaway. AH woman girl smile
Pills drugs ecstasy shapes packet

Any of these may be homophones.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:20:43 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack