Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 819426 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #2640 on: July 16, 2019, 07:17:08 PM »

I'm just off to Oxford to visit the elderly relies.  Can I post the minion cartoon about the Bermuda triangle again :laugh:  I've downloaded the picture onto my computer but when I tried to attach it to my post it said an error has occurred :(  I lost all my post so I'm trying to do it again & remember what I wrote.  I'll try the picture again separately.
I'm catching up with friends tomorrow & Friday & Thursday is going to be a lazy day just for me :)
Shame you have to drive to Sydney again for the dentist :(  You'll soon be on first name terms with him (or her) :laugh:
Please don't worry about posting again if you're knacked later.
I'd better
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 16, 2019, 07:26:00 PM »
this is my last attempt.  It keeps saying error my picture is too big!  I've resized it down to small & try once more.  Wanted to give you a chuckle ;D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: July 16, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »
Oh heavens that's awful :(  terrible helmet hair >:D  Not my finest hour!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: July 16, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »
Hi Pen,

Great Photo.  Love the hair colour.  Natural, of course. >:D.  I've had some problems with attachments,  If the are reasonably big but small enough to be included it sometimes rotates them 90o.

Did you find out what the Scott Club run was last Saturday?.  Mr Google let me down and I couldn't find anything about it.

The trip to the dentist today was a breeze compared with last time - clear day, light(er) traffic because it is school holidays and all in daylight but I am still a bit knacked.  We did the round trip in two hours less than last time.  Both time I was just the chauffeur, not the patient.  Seeing as I reckon I have bought Wayne the best part of his Mercedes over the 20 years we have been going to him, we should be on a first name basis. ;)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:38:10 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 17, 2019, 05:00:56 AM »
Hi Jack
It sounds like you had a better drive than me!  When I left the car said 26c & then 28 on the return journey.  I got diverted 3 times & got lost once :o
I too am knacked so I'm just popping in & out!
My cousin who I saw today said her daughter is moving to Sydney in November to do a 2 year stint with Deloitte's. She's moving over with her partner who is a carpenter & who hopes to find work when he gets there.  She is very excited & can't wait.  Sally (her Mum) is a little trepidated but can't wait to visit her next year. They hope to come for 3 weeks & see a few other places at the same time.  She thinks April might be a good time. Any thoughts would be welcome please!
I didn't manage to find out any details of the Scott Club run on Saturday.  I will ask David if he still has the details but he's not terribly efficient at answering messages!
My hair colour is, of course, totally natural :laugh:

See you later alligator

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 17, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
So . . . Who is the patron saint of copying people on an email?

Saint Francis of the CC.
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 17, 2019, 03:05:19 PM »
hi a non-amos,

you're on fire today.
Regards, Jack

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: July 17, 2019, 03:15:37 PM »
 :laugh:  He sure is!
I'll sleep in my next life

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 17, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »
Hi Pen,

At least you didn’t lose your sense of humour. Great jokes especially the sign off.

Your Oxford trip:

At least you had the right temperature to drive in.  I would kill for temperatures like that at the moment.  I imagine you thinking "I once was lost, but now am found", so I hope you belted out a rousing chorus of Amazing Grace. 

Your cousin’s visit to Sydney:

This article covers all the points I would have made and more.

You said "they" so I presume her husband/partner/best friend will be coming as well.  It is hard to give any recommendations without knowing what their interests and capabilities are.  So much to see and do, so little time.  So, in this post I will just pose some questions.

Where in Sydney is daughter likely to be living? – area ideally would depend on whether she will be based in Deloitte's CBD or Parramatta office.

Whether any trips would be one-day (Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley Wine area, Central Coast) or whether they would like a brief visit to another capital e.g Canberra, Melbourne (reputed to be our most liveable city) or Brisbane (including Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast) which probably has the best weather east of Perth at that time of year?.  Depending on the answers we could enlist the help of other forumites.

Whether they prefer Cities (museums, art galleries, cultural activities) or country (golf, bush walks, wineries)?

Presumably by the time they get here daughter will also have some ideas to put into the mix.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:15 PM »
Hi Jack

It's quite funny that you're yearning for some heat & I'd like it to be a little cooler!  It's close & muggy here today.  Thunder & lightning very very frightening forecast later & Friday.  I'm not doing anything too strenuous today.  A spot of lunch then off to Barbs (my best friend of over 30 years) to sit in her garden in the shade.  Loved your cartoons :laugh:  Here's a couple from me.

The planned trip to Australia has only just been approved so it's all new so I don't have much info yet.  Sally will be visiting with her other half Tony.  I don't think they're what you'd call outdoorsy people :laugh:  The article you sent was brilliant thanks & I will make sure she gets that. As you're the technical wiz do you know if I can send it to her on Whatsapp?  Her daughter is going to do an AirB&B when she gets there for a couple of weeks & then find somewhere to live. 

The kettle & my sarnie are calling me :-H

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: July 18, 2019, 01:08:41 AM »

The article you sent was brilliant thanks & I will make sure she gets that. As you're the technical wiz do you know if I can send it to her on Whatsapp?  

Sorry, Pen, the only thing I know about Whatsapp is what I have learnt from Mr. Google since I received your post.  I think it should be possible to copy and paste the article's URL (https://santorinidave.com/best-time-to-visit-sydney) as an attachment to a message from you to Sally somehow.

Perhaps a forumite familiar with Whatsapp could advise.

Alternatively, I assume Sally has internet access and could google "Santorini Dave Best time to visit Sydney" which will zero in on the article.

Sally's Daughter's address is only relevant for working out times to various venues and is not an issue at this time.

It's time to get back and join the chooks

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: July 18, 2019, 04:28:30 AM »
Thanks Jack that's brilliant :)
Hope you & the chooks are snoring >:D
or

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 18, 2019, 06:51:25 PM »
Evening Jack

I expect you're watching the Open!

Don't sit up half the night & get too tired >:D

I'm off to the supermarket - don't get more exciting than that :laugh:  Visiting an old friend this afternoon - much more enjoyable :)

Gotta fly Tweetie Pie!

Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: July 18, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »
Hi Pen.

You must be psychic.  I've been watching the Open since 4.00pm (7.am your time) and now I'm off to put my head down.  It's still 4 hours until the last lot hit off and then an another 5 hours til they finish so I will record that and look at it when I get back from gym in the morning.  Perhaps the fact that I am so sleepy now might have had something to do with the Tulloch's Shiraz I had with dinner,  >:D

Hope you have a good visit.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: July 19, 2019, 10:50:39 PM »
Hi Jack

I did give my crystal ball a quick polish the other day >:D  I think that we have been friends long enough now for me to make a good educated guess at what you'd been up to :)  I did watch some highlights on the BBC last night.  I think Mcilroy seems to be having a bit of a nightmare & Tiger Woods looked like he'd got the hump!  Your boy Jason Day looked in good shape.  The rain almost looked like snow at one point on the telly. 

We've had rain all morning & they're forecasting thunder & lightning very very frightening later & in the night.  Hate it :(  Am such a wimp it petrifies me!
Am I a bit premature with this?