Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 819363 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #1875 on: December 20, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »
Stop press Jack!
You might want to sit down before you read this >:D
it's from this morning's BBC news
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 20, 2018, 10:20:29 PM »
Santa with his foot in the loo is hilarious :laugh: (sorry should that be dunnie? >:D)
howzat wombat!!

Hi Pen,

Dunny aka Thunderbox - I can't think why. >:D

Pen, you are outdoing me in the Cartoon contest.  I have been a bit stretched over the past couple of days but I will try to get back in form over the weekend.

Your news about the fake scotch whisky didn't fuss me very much.  All the ones that they were talking about were over a hundred years old.  I would have to win the big prize in lotto before I could even dream of owning one of those bottles.

My son and I brought the Chrissie tree in this afternoon.  I missed out on the hernia but ended up with a sore wrist.  I have appended a photo of the unadorned tree - it is suffering a bit from the drought and being root bound in the tub but should scrub up pretty good when it is decorated.

It got to over 95oF on the golf course today, so summer has arrived.

Bowled out, clever Trout
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:31:35 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 21, 2018, 06:39:38 AM »
Hi Jack
Exceedingly pleased it's Thursday & the end of the week for me!
It's a very fine Christmas tree :)  I look forward to a further picture once it is fully decorated - including lights of course!
I was also admiring your golfing trophies on the shelf behind :)
I'm very pleased you avoided the hernia but sorry to hear you have a poorly wrist.  Hope it doesn't affect your swing >:D
Can't believe you have 95f phew!  It was pitch dark, 6c (according to my Aygo) & raining very persistently when I drove home from work at 4.30 :(
I'm not back at work now til Christmas Eve which is great.  I have a busy day tomorrow.  Out to lunch with an old friend & then my reception friends & I are out for our Christmas meal tomorrow evening :-H

You've bowled this maiden over :laugh:
I can't think of a single rhyming sign off ???
Happy Friday
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 21, 2018, 09:51:46 PM »
Hi Pen,

The Christmas tree is to be decorated tomorrow, including lights , although given you’re excellent cartoon we will be very careful when turning the electricity on.  A little bit of anti-inflammatory ointment and my arm is back to normal (I wasn’t tempted to say good as new) and I will have no excuses when I next play golf on Monday. Today was my last gym session until 2 January, so I will need to get some extra exercise.

The weather here is crazy. High nineties in Sydney yesterday followed in the late afternoon by some of the worst hail storms in years.  The SMH today had pictures of hailstones as big as cricket balls.  Today it is struggling to reach the seventies.

I can’t think of any logical way to move the conversation to Public Toilets, so I’ll just jump into it, so to speak.

But it is connected to

I hope you have a great lunch today. And enjoy your Christie party.  Have you stocked up on Alka-Seltzer?

Beware the bumper, Thumper
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:33:20 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 22, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »
This was posted on my facebook timeline.  I would have been offended if it wasn't so true. >:D

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:32:29 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 22, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »
Hailstones: quite a few years ago we had hail here the size of golf balls. We passed a car in the street pitted all over with deep indentations. The owner explained hailstones had caused the damage but that the insurance company had said it was an Act of God and so not covered. Cricketball size must have caused a lot of damage!
(Just noticed in time predictive text had changed hailstones to gallstones. Not as bad as last night when it changed my "getting into nightclothes" to "getting into nightclubs".)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 22, 2018, 09:51:31 PM »
Hi Anona

This Story from the Sydney Morning Herald gives some idea of the damage done by the storm. (8 cm = 3.15 inches).

Your predictive text seems to have a mischievous sense of humour.  :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:06:42 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 23, 2018, 04:07:22 AM »
At least your insurance companies are paying out! But that damage is terrible.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 23, 2018, 06:29:39 AM »
We’ve just had a Royal Commission into the Banking and Insurance Industries and they got severely savaged.  So they are on their best behavior at the moment.
Regards, Jack

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 23, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »
Birdy, do you have a card catalogue for your library?

I'd wager Birdy has her catalogue in an on-line data base. >:D

Well, I started to keep a list in Library Thing, an on-line data base, but I got overwhelmed, and that was pretty much after just one author.  I do have them separated by genre, though, and by author, though not in alphabetical order.  The ones on the left are mostly romance, and the ones on the right-hand wall are mostly fantasy and science fiction, with a few mysteries mixed in.  Life would be so much easier if I didn't re-read!  Those shelves are for the paperbacks, specially made to save space.  I mostly don't buy hardcover because of the space problem - even my favorites, the "keepers."  I borrow them from the library, and when the paperbacks come out, I buy them.  I only buy the authors I really like (with the romances, that mostly means the ones that make me laugh).

But I do have hardcovers or larger sized paperbacks - in a different bookcase.  There are a few shelves with fiction, but most are reference.  I'll try to attach a photo (I am so bad at that). The gaps are the books that are now sitting by my computer, because I use them to ID my photos - the first picture with just a few books on it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:39:12 AM by birdy »

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 23, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
Great trees Birdy :)  Love all your decorations & ornaments.  Have you got lights?  Multi coloured or plain white??
Pen

Lots of lights, Pen - 200 on the one by the bookcases, and 150 on the other. I didn't put them on because the camera has problems seeing anything but lights.  The little houses under the bookcase tree are a veritable conflagration- a blaze of light. All LED so hopefully they won't break the bank with the electrical bill.  And then a little one in the bedroom.  All plain white.  This year we didn't put all the (hundreds of feet - literally) of garlands on the trees.  Because all the ornaments on the tree near the window are either white, blue, silver, or clear, when the garlands are on, the lights make it look very wintry.  The tree near the bookcases has more colored ornaments, my concession to the people who help me decorate the trees (mostly my family).

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 24, 2018, 06:14:58 AM »
Thanks for the pictures Birdy.  Beautiful.  If I wasn't scared of flying I would invite myself to spend Christmas with you so I could enjoy your wonderful lights & decorations in the flesh!!
Pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 24, 2018, 06:30:35 AM »
Hi Jack
I feel like I've been absent for months rather than just a couple of days!  I had a lovely evening on Friday.  Good food & excellent company.  Thankfully no Alka-Seltzer required!  A friend popped round for a couple of hours which was great but meant I missed my daily fix :laugh:
I'm pleased to hear that your arm is now back to normal.  Not so pleased to read about the hailstones - sounds awful.
I loved your cartoons - especially the public toilet one.  Made me roar with laughter :laugh:
There's a welcome back post to Les I've just read.  I really hope he decides to re-join us.  Would be brilliant to catch up if & when he feels up to it.

This just tickled me.
Enjoy your golf today and
don't end up in the bunker clunker!
(bloody hell that's really lame :-R - not much rhymes with bunker!)
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 24, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »
Hi Pen,

Glad you enjoyed your weekend.  You must have been very good if you didn't need alka-seltzer.

Great cartoon but you would have to admit your dog is still luckier than my dog

My other one shows Santa's sensitivity

Trouble rhyming bunker?  perhaps we need a limerick competition to hone our skills.  

I'll leave you with this one.

There was a young fella called Dave
Who liked to explore every last cave
In which for hours he would hunker
Because he was a dedicated spelunker.
I think he was incredibly brave.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:29:57 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 24, 2018, 09:57:39 PM »
Loved your limerick, Jack.  One of my all-time favourites is:

There was once a young fellow named Clyde
Who fell down a toilet and died
He had a young brother
Who fell down another
And now they're interred side-by-side.

Thank you to everyone for keeping the forum lights a-twinkling.
A Very Happy Christmas to All.

Val
I'll sleep in my next life