Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 876202 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #1785 on: November 26, 2018, 07:02:27 AM »
Hi Jack
The cartoon was hilarious :laugh: 
I now have a picture of a poor man, lying on frosty grass, covered in a blanket with a broken leg :o  All by himself!  Of dear :(
No I didn't actually think that could ever happen!
It sounds like you a very enjoyable liquid lunch with your syndicate :)  I expect you're now happily snoring!!
I have had to attach my cartoon tonight as I failed the other way ???
Will try again tomorrow.
Have a smashing game of golf :)
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 27, 2018, 12:45:48 AM »
I now have a picture of a poor man, lying on frosty grass, covered in a blanket with a broken leg :o  All by himself!  Of dear
I expect you're now happily snoring!!
I have had to attach my cartoon tonight as I failed the other way ???
Have a smashing game of golf :)

Hi Pen,

It wasn't that bad.  We used to hit off in groups of four at 8-minute intervals.  My memory of the occasion is foggy but I expect his other 3 group members would have stayed with him until the ambulance came and he would have had a new group of four turning up about every 8 minutes asking what happened.  He would have been wrapped in the blanket not be lying directly on the grass.  

Not so, for two reasons.  First. I was having breakfast when your post arrived.  Second.  A number of years ago I was diagnosed as having sleep apnoea and I now sleep with a CPAP mask which stops me snoring.  I liked the cartoon.

This sometimes happens to me too, Pen.  But I have found a workaround that generally works.  Sorry I should have mentioned it.  When I try to capture the URL of some cartoons it comes up with a large block of text which it won't recognise as a URL.  When that happens, I click the cartoon again and it comes up on a different page and I can then capture a proper URL which generally ends in .xxx where xxx is JPG, Gif etc.  If this doesn't work type {code} on the line before the {img}URL{/img} instruction and {/code} on the line after and I will try to diagnose the problem.  All those curly brackets must be typed as square brackets. .

I had a good game today.  Broke my handicap by 2 and came second in the comp (but there were only 13 players, so all I won was a ball).  Golf on Wednesday is doubtful as heavy rain is predicted.

Speaking of broken legs .....

I hope you have a great Tuesday

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:54:03 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 27, 2018, 03:41:39 AM »
Hi Jack
I've got about 20 minutes before I can head home for a well deserved cup of tea :)
I thought I'd gone mad last night when I was trying to post the cartoon & reams & reams of text kept appearing:-P  I will have another attempt later or tomorrow depending on how the mood grabs me!
I'm so pleased that you played well today & broke your handicap.  Shame you only won a ball :laugh:  Best not to use it in case it gets lost in the rough >:D
I love the broken leg cartoons :laugh:
Radiographers have just told me I can go home hurrah!
Happy Tuesday!

Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 27, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »
Radiographers have just told me I can go home hurrah!

I can head home for a well deserved cup of tea :)

How long do you Dunk?

Do you sometimes get a bonus with your cup of tea?

This is one I had to click on the original image  to get a second copy to get a URL

Best not to use it in case it gets lost in the rough >:D

Worse things happen at sea, Pen

I don't believe you have told us about Fred, Pen, so I am sure this is a case of mistaken identity.

Must go, it's oil and balsamic time.  I have to make the weighty decision of what to wash it down with.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:26:52 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »
Morning Jack (sorry that should be Evening Jack!)
I'm back on the X-Ray desk in fracture clinic.  It's beginning to feel like I haven't been home!
I love the dunking chart!  Heaven knows where you found it! I think choccie biscuits dunk better in coffee than tea.
I enjoy a biscuit with my cuppa in the morning but not when I get home as it's nearly dinner time :-H
I trust you managed to make a suitable wine selection to accompany the oil & balsamic!
I'm going back to the drawing board with putting cartoons in the middle ???  Perhaps I need idiot proof instructions!  Although it's annoying as I did it perfectly well the other day :-[
I think the Fred & Penelope cartoons are brilliant :laugh:
It's getting busy so I need to do a little work ;D
Hope the forecast is better for wednesday & you manage to play.
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 27, 2018, 10:20:47 PM »
Hi Pen,

Actually, Morning Jack should have been right because I should have been asleep by now and so I wouldn’t have read it until morning.

I found the dunking chart by serendipity, in other words by accident.  I searched for jumping up and down for joy animated GIF and it was one of the cartoons on the same page.

Actually I didn’t have a wine this afternoon.  On evenings before I go to the gym I drink beer.  You may  not believe this but I have taken to drinking xxxx gold because it is low alcohol and low carbohydrate and I have been losing about 2lbs a week. I work on the theory that 3 stubbies of xxxx gold equals half a litre of Old Peculier. So on beer days I have to decide whether I want volume or taste.

If you have a problem with putting cartoons in the middle use the code instruction to send me exactly what you are doing that is not working.  The code instruction stops what you type being executed as an instruction. For example if you type the following URL between lines containing code and /code in square brackets you get
Code: [Select]
[img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0210/4540/products/fred_cartoon_cards016_1024x1024.png?v=1455558976[/img]

and if you leave the code /code in square brackets out you get this

The forecast for tomorrow is getting grimmer by the moment.
I am off now because old men need their ugly sleep
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:39:28 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 27, 2018, 11:10:48 PM »
Hi Jack.
HEAVY rain may be the understatement of the forum page....1 month's worth, expected tomorrow morning for Sydney.
And they're asking people to stay off the roads!!!
Take care,
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 28, 2018, 06:25:52 AM »
Hi Moyra,

So far, so good.

Sydney and the Southern Highlands seem to be still on wait-watch.  Wollongong has had about 20 mm.  The dump is predicted now to be later this morning. I know it’s selfish but I am glad the worst appears to be along the coast and the escarpment might protect the Southern Highlands from the worst of the rain.  We will still get the high winds predicted. I am listening to the radio and they are still asking people to stay home if they don’t have to go out.  Once I get home from the gym at 9:30, I expect to heed their advice.

It’s a funny country. Up your way, apparently, there are 16 extreme fires burning out of control.

Thanks for the message.  Keep in touch.

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 28, 2018, 06:52:31 AM »
Hi Jack
Hope you got back from the gym without getting blown away or drenched or both.  Shame about your golf :(
Have had to pop out this evening so a quick post now & will make another attempt at posting a cartoon tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.
Toodle pip
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 28, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »
Hi again, Pen and Moyra.

As my activities for the rest of the day have been curtailed, I thought I’d give you a weather report.

Nothing much had happened before I went to the gym at 8am - the odd sprinkle and no wind. By the time I came out of the gym at 9am the rain was coming down steadily and getting heavier. We have now had 20 mm (57 points) but luckily only light winds.

On the other hand, even while I was typing my previous post to Moyra, Sydney was starting to get a downpour.  By the time I was listening to the 7am news, some areas had over 80 mm (3+ inches) and flash floods were common. It was reported that one car was under 5 meters (16 feet) of water.

When the predicted high winds come, it could get interesting. ;)
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 28, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »
Much belated response to MK:

Migrant almond picker mistakenly hires Trump:

"Sorry, I was just looking for a nut job."
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 29, 2018, 12:11:57 AM »
Very good A :laugh:
Better late than never!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 29, 2018, 12:19:01 AM »

On the other hand, even while I was typing my previous post to Moyra, Sydney was starting to get a downpour.  By the time I was listening to the 7am news, some areas had over 80 mm (3+ inches) and flash floods were common. It was reported that one car was under 5 meters (16 feet) of water.

When the predicted high winds come, it could get interesting. ;)
Hi Jack
I just read on the BBC that Sydney had a months worth of rain in 2 hours.  There have been several fatalities.  Sounds horrendous.
Keep safe & keep us posted.
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 29, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »
I'm back on the X-Ray desk in fracture clinic.  It's beginning to feel like I haven't been home!
I think the Fred & Penelope cartoons are brilliant :laugh:
Hope the forecast is better for Wednesday & you manage to play.

You wouldn't have this problem in the Fracture Clinic

I think the Fred and Penelope cartoons are brilliant too but seeing as you are aware of them I will leave them to you.

I wonder why these  were on my mind?

Back to bed, Fred
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:56:05 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 29, 2018, 12:33:33 AM »
I just read on the BBC that Sydney had a months worth of rain in 2 hours.  There have been several fatalities.  Sounds horrendous.

The high winds didn't come here in the Highlands and we only had about 31/2 inches so it was relatively peaceful but they were right - driving was a curse in the heaviest of it.  Even Sydney was patchy.  We have to get up early to ring to see if the golf course will be playable and, if so, get there to play at half past seven.

really back to bed this time
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:57:28 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com