Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820295 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #1440 on: August 28, 2018, 04:45:17 AM »
Morning Jack
I loved the "fence post turtle" :laugh: so very true >:D
If I'd have known that the cinema was going to be full of ankle biters I wouldn't have gone near it!  I would have waited until the evening.  As it was bucketing down with rain it seemed like a good idea to go yesterday afternoon.  You live & learn.
Thanks for finding & posting the cartoon.  It was a sort of follow up to your bit about the plastic bags.
Back to work tomorrow :(  Still only three days then I'm off on my hols :)
Happy Tuesday
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 28, 2018, 08:58:04 AM »
Dara does a funny piece on stockings during an appearance on Live At The Apollo (maybe it's one to have a look at and possibly pass on to the rest of the forumites?)

He appeared Live at the Opollo several times but click here for the one with the Stocking Sketch at the end

I' ll post the others in due course.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 28, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »
Thanks for finding & posting the cartoon.  

Pen, I didn't do anything.  The attachment would have appeared as soon as you posted.  Will get back to you on other matters later.  The dogs are looking at me impatiently waiting for their walk.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:10:20 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 28, 2018, 10:14:34 AM »
Oh Jack, after watching Dara I'm going out to look for large gloves that are mid-arm length   :-P >:D
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 28, 2018, 01:30:28 PM »
Oh Jack, after watching Dara I'm going out to look for large gloves that are mid-arm length   :-P >:D

You're not going to get Les to do the dirty thing are you?  If you are, get the red ones. :laugh:
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 28, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »
I was happy to see there's a new Johnny English film out soon.  The original was very funny indeed. The follow up not so good.  I am pleased to see that Bough (Ben Miller) is back in the latest one so I have high hopes :)

Good Afternoon, Pen.

So I now know who Ben Miller is.  I watched almost all of the first series of Death in Paradise but I didn't take notice of the actors names.

Is this the movie you are hanging out for?

Just three work more days to hang in there. :D  When do you head out for Germany?

Here are three sketches to take your mind of the cold weather:

Two Ronnies - Alice in a Winter Wonderland

Two Ronnies - Aldershot Brass Ensemble

The Weekly: LGBTQI

Hooroo
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:20:54 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 29, 2018, 04:52:13 AM »
Morning Jack
Two more days to work & I'm counting the hours!  Eve & I go to London on Friday & stay at a Premier Inn next to St Pancras on Friday night.  Our train leaves for Brussels early on Saturday morning.  We get another train to Cologne & then carry on to Remagen.  Can't wait :)
Glad you found Death in Paradise.  I love it.  We've already had 2 different inspectors since Ben Miller.  Kris Marshall - he's Nick Harper in My Family.  Ardal O'Hanlon who was father Dougal in Father Ted.  Still good but Ben Miller was definitely the best. Not sure if you get Father Ted but worth a look if you can.
You're spot on about the Johnny English film.  Rowan Atkinson is a somewhat incompetent secret agent.  I think it sprung from the old Barclaycard ads.
If you get a chance to see the original Johnny English do watch it.  A bit daft but hilarious in parts :laugh:
Great clips as usual.  I found the LGBTQI very funny.
Going to give my few remaining brain cells a small workout!
Have a fab wednesday :)
Tara a bit
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 30, 2018, 12:12:54 AM »
Afternoon, Pen

I was a bit equivocal about Death in Paradise.  I liked the actors and the acting but thought the storyline was a bit thin and it went downhill in the second series when they changed the main character.

Father Ted was available but for some reason I never got to watch more than a couple of episodes.

Johnny English is available to buy or rent from Itunes, so I will consult the Board of Management about that,

A is coming tomorrow for the weekend to celebrate Father's Day with us, so the Glenmorangie will be coming off the shelf.

I hope you have access to the internet on your travels, so you can keep us entertained with your adventures.  Otherwise, we expect you to jot down the highlights to titillate us on your return.

In the meantime for your entertainment

The Two Ronnies - Abdication Street

and to prepare you for Germany

The Armstrong and Miller Show - Hitler sketch

Auf wiederhören

Regards, Jack

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 30, 2018, 01:19:18 AM »
A is coming tomorrow for the weekend to celebrate Father's Day with us, so the Glenmorangie will be coming off the shelf.

Enjoy! The Glenmorangie distillery is on our list of stops.   ;D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 30, 2018, 04:46:08 AM »
Johnny English is available to buy or rent from Itunes, so I will consult the Board of Management about that,

I hope you have access to the internet on your travels, so you can keep us entertained with your adventures.  Otherwise, we expect you to jot down the highlights to titillate us on your return.

Morning Jack
I do hope The Board are agreeable to you watching Johnny English although it might be a bit too silly for your taste ;D
I was happy to read that you are celebrating Father's Day with A in a most appropriate way :)  Enjoy!
I have consulted the hotel website & can't see any mention of free wifi but we shall see.  I might have to give you a rundown when I return. I can't promise it will be very titillating :o :laugh:
I had forgotten how funny Armstrong & Miller are.
Danke shoen mein freund
Pen

Les303

« Reply #1450 on: August 30, 2018, 06:08:59 PM »
Morning Jack
Two more days to work & I'm counting the hours!  Eve & I go to London on Friday & stay at a Premier Inn next to St Pancras on Friday night.  Our train leaves for Brussels early on Saturday morning. 
Pen

G'day Pen ( & Eve ),

I do hope that you ladies have a wonderful time on your holiday but i must warn you that staying in some of these posh motels can be a bit confusing so just make sure sure that you do not over indulge on Friday night or you might find yourself in a panic & ringing the desk clerk early on Saturday morning exclaiming that we have a train to catch, how in the hell are we supposed to get out of this room, to which the clerk would reply that you might try using the door.
And your response would be, but there are only three doors in this room, one leads to the bathroom, another is simply the closet & the only other door has a " Please do not disturb " sign on it.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 30, 2018, 07:36:29 PM »
Pen,

Have an enjoyable and relaxing trip.  Make sure you do something different so that you have plenty to tell us about.  Have a safe journey home.

And to put you in the mood for fun

Dara O'Briain | Live At The Apollo | Season 4 | Dead Parrot

mr cholmondley warner conjugal rights

Hab eine fantastische Reise.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 31, 2018, 05:19:48 AM »
Thanks Jack
I'll do my best to find at least one interesting thing to report back!!  We're travelling in a group of about 30/40 with a tour manager so we will be ferried about.  We do have a couple of free days to please ourselves which is good :) Sure we'll have lots of fun!
Very much looking forward to it :)
Thanks for Dara & Mr Cholmondley Warner.  Very funny :laugh:
Have a fab friday :)
See you next week
Auf Wiedersehen Pet
Pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 31, 2018, 05:26:10 AM »

I do hope that you ladies have a wonderful time on your holiday but i must warn you that staying in some of these posh motels can be a bit confusing so just make sure sure that you do not over indulge on Friday night or you might find yourself in a panic & ringing the desk clerk early on Saturday morning exclaiming that we have a train to catch, how in the hell are we supposed to get out of this room, to which the clerk would reply that you might try using the door.
And your response would be, but there are only three doors in this room, one leads to the bathroom, another is simply the closet & the only other door has a " Please do not disturb " sign on it.

Thanks for that Les.  Very funny - make me laugh out loud :laugh:
Look after yourself.
Penx (& Eve)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 31, 2018, 03:40:44 PM »
The Glenmorangie distillery is on our list of stops.   ;D

Hi Anonsi,

We didn't get north of Inverness in 2006 and 2010 so we didn't get to the Glenmorangie distillery but I can vouch for its Nectar D'or

If you can fit it into your schedule I would recommend you visit the Cardhu Distillery Visitor centre near Aberlour in the Speyside whisky area.  Apart from our experience TripAdvisor gives it a good wrap.  TripAdvisor makes the point that it is the only malt distillery pioneered by a woman.

We didn't go on the tour of the distillery because we were trying to do too much in one day.  Apart from the Cardhu products, the centre carries a large range of local whiskies from distilleries that are not well known or too small to have their own visitor centres.  The centre was staffed both times by a woman (may not have been the same one) who was extremely knowledgeable about whisky and who guided us to some great choices that matched our tastes - particularly the one that went with fruit cake. :D

I am green with envy.
Regards, Jack