Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814513 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #735 on: April 29, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
Some more very good Eastern State Beer Ads – The VB -MSO is my favourite

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:56:54 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 29, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
You are too kind Ozzyjack.  I'd quite forgotten.
I agree, the MSO ad is very good.
Didn't know whether or not I should include the Revenge one.
This one was popular last year.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to change the URL title.  Please explain ...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAoxI0oHMI

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:37:58 PM by Valerie »
I'll sleep in my next life

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 29, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »
You are too kind Ozzyjack.  I'd quite forgotten.
I agree, the MSO ad is very good.
Didn't know whether or not I should include the Revenge one.
This one was popular last year.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to change the URL title.  Please explain ...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAoxI0oHMI

Val,
Code: [Select]
The general form of inserting a Url with comment is [url="hyperlink"]"Title"[/url].
As an example: [url=https://www.proboards.com]ProBoards Free Forums[/url]
– using this will cause the words ProBoards Free Forums to link to the ProBoards.com homepage.

So to put a title in your post, press modify, insert "[url=" in front of
"https://www.youtube.com/watchv=MCAoxI0oHMI",
add a "]" add your title e.g. Tooheys ad - Tough Girl and then add [/url].

It should look like this

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAoxI0oHMI]Tooheys ad - tough Girl[/url]

press 'preview' to see that it all works, and if it does press "save".

If you are wondering why the hyperlinks didn't work in my explanation, it is because I used a feature which inhibits instructions being executed.

Good Luck
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:31:00 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 29, 2018, 06:26:10 PM »
Brilliance personified Ozzyjack.  Thank you.  Let's give it a go:

Tooheys ad - Tough Girl

Geronimo!!!
I'll sleep in my next life

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 30, 2018, 01:21:08 AM »
I’m a bit disappointed that all our suggestions have been for east coast Australian beers. In the interests of diversity, here are some offerings from the west of Broken Hill.

The NZers have a few beauties.  If the people from across the ditch continue to hide their talents under a bushel or behind a sheep, I will dig some out.  

I was disappointed with the Guinness ads but you Pommies should be able to outshine us poor Colonials.  Give us your best.

I understand Budweiser has some acceptable ads but I have not been able to find any.  Perhaps Americans have no national pride in their beer.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:32:32 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 30, 2018, 04:38:32 AM »
Hi Jack
I've found some old Fosters Ads.  Aussie lager & pommie ads!  They were scrapped a few years ago having been deemed too sexist!  More political correct rubbish :-R
Going to try & post a couple of links..
Good Call! Foster's TV Ad Leaner ft. Brad and Dan - YouTube
Foster's Ad | Paddle of Rebuke | #GoodCall with Brad and Dan ...
Hope they work!
Hang loose mongoose!
pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 30, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
I've found some old Fosters Ads.  Aussie lager & pommie ads!  They were scrapped a few years ago having been deemed too sexist!  More political correct rubbish :-R
Good Call! Foster's TV Ad Leaner ft. Brad and Dan - YouTube
Foster's Ad | Paddle of Rebuke | #GoodCall with Brad and Dan ...

Pen, I’ve found the two “Good Call” ads you referenced and seeing they are short, threw in four more and a “Paul Hogan” for good luck.

Good Call Foster Ads featuring Brad and Dan

Fosters Lager – Paul Hogan Hope it goes further than yer bridge

Adieu, cockatoo!
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »
G'day Jack, i have been enjoying all the posts that were prompted by the " best sketches " & " best beer ads " suggestion that was put forward by your good self.

As i did when i first saw it , i burst out laughing at the shiela, as she bounced off the bean bag & into the pool..Thanks for that one Val.

I also enjoyed " Lucy from Manchester " in your most recent post , probably because i have never seen it before.

And that is my point, there have been a hell of a lot of sketches & ads but i have seen them all before, the impact that they had since they first appeared is lost over time except for a few exceptions.

You asked me in an earlier post to find some more xxxx ads, I didn't see the point , I thought the object of the exercise was to post your personal favourite for rating by fellow forumites.

Anyway, congratulations on coming up with a topic that has kept this thread alive ( Pat will be thrilled ).

I am a little bit surprised that none of our English friends have not put forward any of Mr. Beans sketches.

Sir Rowen Acktinson in my opinion is an absolutely brilliant comedian, he doesn't even have to say anything, you just look at his facial expresssions & have to laugh.

So just to counter that , here is my submisssion for your " general sketch " category " it is not actually a sketch but a Parkinson interview.  ( apologies for all the spelling mistakes but i'm sure who know i'm talking about. )

Les303

« Reply #743 on: April 30, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 01, 2018, 04:23:36 AM »

Pen, I’ve found the two “Good Call” ads you referenced and seeing they are short, threw in four more and a “Paul Hogan” for good luck.

Thanks Jack. I don't really know why but these ads really tickle me :laugh:  It wouldn't let me have Hairy Back - said I wasn't old enough :-R
The Paul Hogan one was very funny as well!

hasta manana Iguana
Pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 01, 2018, 04:32:03 AM »

Sir Rowen Acktinson in my opinion is an absolutely brilliant comedian, he doesn't even have to say anything, you just look at his facial expresssions & have to laugh.

You're spot on Les.  Rowan Atkinson is very funny.  He does a few good stand ups as a vicar & if you haven't seen it he's in a film call Johnny English playing a rather incompetent spy!
Pen

Les303

« Reply #746 on: May 01, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »
I have seen Johnny English as well as a lot of his stand up routines, I can also remember the movie (not sure of the title ) where he totally destroys a priceless painting, all very funny stuff.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 01, 2018, 09:24:51 PM »
You asked me in an earlier post to find some more xxxx ads, I didn't see the point , I thought the object of the exercise was to post your personal favourite for rating by fellow forumites.

Anyway, congratulations on coming up with a topic that has kept this thread alive.

G’day Les

I didn’t have any ambition for this topic to be a thread reviver but I am pleased if it did. It started with me saying I was reviewing a number of English comedy sketches and would reveal some I thought were the best.  From there it “grow’d like Topsy”.  Some forumites made suggestions on ones I should review.  Then we somehow got on to beers and I suggested I was considering a contest.  Several enthusiastic forumites made some great contributions.

And now we are faced with the question: should we rank the merits of the various suggestions, as I probably implied we should?

It is relatively easy to design a ranking scale.  The essential point is to rate a contribution that is average equally with a contribution that is not mentioned.  In other words there is only a need to mention a contribution if it exceptionally good or exceptionally bad e.g.
  • -1. I think this contribution is not funny and/or is offensive
  •  0. I think this contribution is average or not worth rating
  •  1. I think this contribution is of a very high Standard but not the very best one
  •  2. I think this contribution was the very best one

Is it worth going through this process?. On reflection, I think not.  It would take many more people to vote than have contributed for the outcome to be meaningful and I doubt whether we could get more than 2 or 3 of the non-contributors to vote.

So I think it is better to leave it that when people come across some material, whether it be general comedy or beer ads, that they believe would amuse other forumites, they post it.  I am still on a promise to provide some New Zealand beer ads.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:38:03 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 01, 2018, 09:35:05 PM »
hasta manana Iguana

While I was scouting around looking at YouTube, I came across another couple of “Two Ronnies” which I think are above average.

The Man Who Repeats Things
The Encyclopaedia Salesman

Bye-bye, butterfly!

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 02, 2018, 01:59:03 AM »
My link to the interview ;

A plethora of Sir Les 303, sorry Paterson

To misquote from the first sketch (I assume it was the first sketch that was your favorite) “Les, you’ve got more culture than a penicillin factory.”
Regards, Jack