Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814388 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #600 on: April 10, 2018, 04:32:03 AM »

Sadly I think I must have offended Les in some way.

No, the boot might be on the other foot.  Unlike Tiger, he may be too honest to flirt with two women at once.  I suspect he'll be back with his tail between his legs.

Missed your post Jack!  Think Les & I got our wires a bit crossed.  I missed his silly flirty banter & thought I might have inadvertently put my foot in it.  I'm delighted he's had a couple of dates with Karen.  Not sure he hasn't blown it by flirting with her sister ???
Pity the first 3 in the Masters were all American.  The rest of the world seemed to tail off.  Paul Casey played out of his boots yesterday.  If he hadn't bogied the last 2 holes he's have broken the course record.  I loved Charley Hoffman's hole in one.
I'm enjoying your Tommy Cooperisms :laugh:
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Les303

« Reply #601 on: April 10, 2018, 05:00:11 PM »
Pat, the cheetah logo that you suggest for Australia could have been applied to any number of teams in previous years, including England in 2006.

I know. It was a joke. England are just as capable of cheating as anyone else.

Of course the Australian Cricket Board would never allow it but I would love to see the entire Australian team come out for the first session of their next test match decked out in an entire " cheetah " themed uniform.
I reckon that staging such a stunt where we are taking the mickey out of ourselves in the traditional Australian way,  would go a long way to alleviating a lot of the anger that cricket fans throughout the world are currently feeling.

Les303

« Reply #602 on: April 10, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »

Sadly I think I must have offended Les in some way.

No, the boot might be on the other foot.  Unlike Tiger, he may be too honest to flirt with two women at once.  I suspect he'll be back with his tail between his legs.

Missed your post Jack!  Think Les & I got our wires a bit crossed.  I missed his silly flirty banter & thought I might have inadvertently put my foot in it.  I'm delighted he's had a couple of dates with Karen.  Not sure he hasn't blown it by flirting with her sister ???
Pity the first 3 in the Masters were all American.  The rest of the world seemed to tail off.  Paul Casey played out of his boots yesterday.  If he hadn't bogied the last 2 holes he's have broken the course record.  I loved Charley Hoffman's hole in one.
I'm enjoying your Tommy Cooperisms :laugh:
Pen

Tiger is only half fit but still managed a 69 in the last round, apparently he is taking time off now to get back in the gym so beware when a fully rejuvinated Tiger appears in his next tournament.

Jack, i seem to remember this qoute from yourself  " who in the hell is Tommy Cooper " & i also remember Mike  quickly jumping in to explain to you just what a master comedian this man was.
I am so glad that ( & i presume it's through google ) you have familiarised yourself with some of his work & are qouting some of his famous one liners in your posts.
Just like Penny ( we have so much in common ) i am enjoying recalling those classic one liners so please keep it going as i reckon it is a fantastic homage to the master.

Karen invited me to her parents place for a home cooked meal.
Her mother took an instant liking to me & we got on famously.
It was only after several " Oozoes " that her father & i began to connect.
Kaylee is a few years younger than her big sister & with both of us having a few to many " Oozoes " iour innocent flriting got a little out of hand.
That led to Karen taking Kaylee into the hallway where a little bit of a sisterly argument ensued.
Since then Karen had rung me to advise that she & Kaylee have sorted out there differences & suggested that the three of us go out for dinner.
The flirting between Kaylee & myself continued, it was more exaggerated than ever but it did not matter because Karen understood that it was all in fun.
I have even showed Karen some of the posts exchanged between myself & Penny on Chi & she thought that they were hillarious.
There was some discussion about us moving in together but neither of us were prepared to give up our castle so for the time being we are just casually dating when it is convenient for both of us.
I know that when i next visit the family home, i will be greeted by a huge hug from mother, a firm handshake from Dad & endless flirting from Kaylee.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #603 on: April 10, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »
"There was some discussion about us moving in together . . . "

Gosh Les, this is starting to sound serious.  :-P

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 10, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »
"There was some discussion about us moving in together . . . "

He’ll have to get a bigger apartment if all three of them move in together.  Sounds like Mother might want to come too! >:D ;D :police:
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:39 PM »

Jack, i seem to remember this quote from yourself  " who in the hell is Tommy Cooper " & i also remember Mike  quickly jumping in to explain to you just what a master comedian this man was.

Les, I have to follow your example and make a confession even though it will lower the opinion you, Pen and Mike might have of my sense of humour.  Yes, I did have to go to Dr Google to find out who Tommy Cooper was and I did find a site with a lot of his one liners, and after I deleted the ones which disparaged his wife and which I thought were not funny, I put them away for later use.  I also watched 3 videos of his work on YouTube and I'm afraid I was less than impressed.  I am willing to believe it was a poor sample and not his best work but it was all I had to go on. 

However, I have a half dozen or so of his one liners left and I will dribble them out from time to time, if for no other reason that you and Pen have said you would appreciate it.
Regards, Jack

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 10, 2018, 11:40:06 PM »
You’re not alone, Jack. I never found Tommy Cooper funny.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 10, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »
There was some discussion about us moving in together
Golly Les that's a very big step to be considering....
pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 11, 2018, 04:30:01 AM »

He’ll have to get a bigger apartment if all three of them move in together.  Sounds like Mother might want to come too! >:D ;D :police:
Could be very cosy Jack or a recipe for disaster :laugh:
Pen

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 11, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »
However, I have a half dozen or so of his one liners left and I will dribble them out from time to time, if for no other reason that you and Pen have said you would appreciate it.

I've been enjoying them too, so I hope you can find a few more.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 11, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »
I hope you can find a few more.

I have.  I'll feed them in alternately.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 12, 2018, 05:21:01 AM »
Love Billy Connolly Jack.  Was watching a very old programme of his the other evening.  It was an audience with Billy Connolly.  The audience was full of "celebrities".  He did the Crème de Menthe joke about the two Scotsmen in Rome & the Big Slipper among other stories.  Very funny.  He made a programme a few years ago when he travelled round Oz on a three wheeled motor bike.  I think it was a doctor there who spotted that he might have Parkinsons disease.  I think he noticed that his gait wasn't quite right & advised him to get it checked out. I may have that wrong as my memory aint what it used to be!
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 12, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
I may have that wrong as my memory aint what it used to be!

You're not Robinson Crusoe, Pen.  I remember that I watched and enjoyed every episode of Billy's journey around Australia but I can't remember one detail apart from his bike.  It must have been at least 20 years ago.

I am a bit tired at the moment.  Today was our weekly pilgrimage to Brighton Lakes course on the outskirts of Sydney and we have not long got home..  It is only 80 Kms (50 miles) and at the time we leave (6am) it usually takes 45-50 minutes.  But this morning it was clogged and took 80 minutes so it was rush onto the tee without a warm up.  And I have a border Collie with big pleading eyes expecting to be taken for a walk.  Catch you tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:46:35 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 13, 2018, 04:31:19 AM »
Hi Jack
Hope you enjoyed your golf in spite of the awful drive & the rush to tee off.  Did you pretend you were Cameron Smith or Jason Day playing in the Masters :laugh:
You'll sleep like a log & hopefully feel less tired by tomorrow (today?!)
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 13, 2018, 06:14:09 AM »
 :-Z Good Morning (evening?!), Pen.

In my prime, I was an infinitely better golfer than Cameron Smith and Jason Day, because they had to wait another decade or two to be born. :D. When it takes me 2 or 3 shots off the tee to reach where they would have driven, the only time I could pretend to be them is in putting because anybody can sink a lucky putt.

To misquote your Tommy Cooper, I didn’t sleep like a log because I didn’t wake up in the fireplace. One of the frustrations of getting older is that you don't have the inexhaustible energy that you once had.  Still, I am refreshed this morning and so off to breakfast to give me the energy to face an hour of torture in the gym at 8 O’Clock.

Sleep well, Pen
Regards, Jack