Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820099 times)

Les303

Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #390 on: March 01, 2018, 09:09:52 AM »
Yes Jack, please do spill the beans after all there are many failed romances that I have endured over the years, so i am very curios to see which one you are going to reveal.

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 01, 2018, 09:49:45 AM »
If you ask me nicely, I will tell you about one of Les's romances that didn't get past first base.

How many pages are you going to write?  >:D

Les303

« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »
I've no idea what Jack is going to come up with however if it is about a romance in which I failed to get past first base then it should be a very short story.

Les303

« Reply #393 on: March 01, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »
SPOILER ALERT ; although this game is now closed, please be aware that words will be revealed in this post.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I would be intrigued to know ( if you can remember ) what was the last word that you found in the standard game Wednesday 28th, for me it was biasing.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »
Do we need a spoiler alert AFTER the puzzle has closed ? Just in case.....
My last word was cigar
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Les303

« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2018, 01:51:37 PM »
Thanks auntiemo,
I'm sure we don't need a spoiler which is why I didn't bother to start a new topic but then i thought, as you say, just in case.
cigar is one of those words that in the past i often failed to find at all & it still usually seems to be one of the last that i find although in this particular game i did manage to find it relatively early on.
I just find it fascinating that such a simple & common word can be so hard to find & of course there are plenty of other examples.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2018, 04:27:22 PM »
Yes Jack, please do spill the beans

This happened when Les was still a teenager.  In those days he was NOT the man full of the confidence and savoir-faire that we know today. 

Les had finally lined up a date with the girl of his dreams, a drop dead gorgeous young woman named Ophelia Oldfella

But there was a condition. Before they can go out, he must have dinner with her family and gain the approval of her father.

Well, Les isn't too fond of the idea but the woman is too gorgeous to refuse. 

The rest of the day Les worries and frets. He gets so worried that he starts to build up a lot of gas.

But he makes it to her house and makes polite conversation over dinner.  He thinks he is on a winner because Ophelia’s father is also a cricket tragic.  Les is even chancing his arm by addressing him by his nickname “Whopper”.

After dinner, Whopper starts to read the paper. Les's gas has built to a level that his bowels cannot contain any more, so he decides to let a little fart go…. Phht ...

Whopper rolls down his paper at the sound and says, "Spot ...".

Les looks around confused by this comment and spies an old sheepdog close behind his chair. Relief (no pun intended), Whopper must think the dog is doing it!   So Les decides to let a bigger fart go……Phhhhttt ...

Whopper takes off his glasses and rolls down his paper. "Spot!" he says in an annoyed tone.

Les decides to let one last fart go to relieve all the gas…..pppphhhhttttpow…..!

Whopper rips his glasses off and throws the paper to the floor. "Spot, you deaf bugger, get away from Les before he shits all over you!"

Sad to say, Les never got Whopper’s approval to go out with Ophelia.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 01, 2018, 05:11:00 PM »
I’ll give Les a break and tell you a story about the KINN family that used to live a couple of doors up from Les.  The father FORS got a job in America and moved there just before the end of 1998  But this is about his son LARRY who started going to school there.  Larry was 7 and smart as a button and his behaviour reflects his name.

Near the end of the school year, Larry’s teacher has turned in the grades and there is really nothing more to do. All the children are restless because of this.

Teacher: "Whoever is first to answer the questions correctly that I ask can leave early today."

This really appeals to Larry, who is keen to get away.

Teacher: "Who said 'Four Score and Seven Years Ago'?"

Before Larry can open his mouth, Susie says, "Abraham Lincoln."

Teacher: "That's right Susie, you can go home."

Larry is mad that Susie answered the question first.

Teacher: "Who said 'I Have a Dream'?"

Before Larry can open his mouth, Mary says, "Martin Luther King."

Teacher: "That's right Mary, you can go."

Larry is even madder than before.

Teacher: "Who said 'Ask not, what your country can do for you'?"

Before Larry can open his mouth, Nancy says, "John F. Kennedy."

Teacher: "That's right Nancy, you may also leave."

Larry is boiling mad that he has not been able to answer to any of the questions.

When the teacher turns her back Larry says, "I wish these bitches would keep their mouths shut!"

The teacher turns around: "NOW WHO SAID THAT?"

Larry: "BILL CLINTON. CAN I GO NOW?"
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #398 on: March 01, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »
And to this day, I still wonder whatever became of Ophelia Oldfella  (after all how I could ever forget that name ) but I do remember hearing that her father passed away suddenly, apparently he suffered a severe heart attack while eating a big whopper burger at Macca's.

My workplace is generally pretty noisy but for a short time this morning it was unusually quite as everything was running very smoothly.
At the same time we lost the hum of the air conditioning as it went on the blink, the silence was almost eerie & as someone commented on how they had never experienced this place being so quiet, I couldn't resist & shouted out " Just be careful that you don't let out a loud fart "

Recalling Spot the sheepdog reminded me of this old joke ;

It's an old joke, but worth repeating ...
A sheep farmer is tending his flock when a city slicker rolls up in his BMW, hops out and asks, "Hey, if I tell you exactly how many sheep you have, can I take one?" The farmer nods, so the city slicker opens his laptop, calls up some satellite photos, runs some algorithms, and announces, "You have 1,432 sheep."
Impressed, the farmer says, "You're right. Go ahead and take one." So the city slicker loads one of the animals into the backseat of the car. "Now," says the farmer, "I'll bet all my sheep against your car that I can tell you what you do for a living."
A gaming sort, the city slicker says, "Sure."
"You're a consultant," says the farmer.
"Wow!" says the consultant. "How'd you know?"
"Well," says the farmer, "you come from nowhere even though I never asked you to. You drive a flash car, and wear a smart suit. You told me something I already knew. And you don't know anything about my business. Now give me back my dog."

Les303

« Reply #399 on: March 01, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »
Sorry Jack but I was typing while you were posting.

Have you noticed all the recent banter about the big reunion of the " hags " gang?
Apparently they are all back on line but i haven't seen too much posting from them, perhaps they have all become a little shy in their latter years?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:53:12 PM by Les303 »

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 01, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »

Between Les Jack Pen et al it would be a hard act to follow

Carol

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 01, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
Have you noticed all the recent banter about the big reunion of the " hags " gang?
Apparently they are all back on line but i haven't seen too much posting from them, perhaps they have all become a little shy in their latter years?

Queenslanders go where angels fear to tread.  I can see that that you are trying to rev them up but I suspect if you get them stirred they would have you and I for breakfast.  As with the old saying about sheep dogs, let sleeping hags lie.  :D
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #402 on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »
.Thanks Jack for that very sage advice which I will totally ignore.

So Carol, were you /are you a member of the hag gang?

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 01, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »

In a word No

Les303

« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2018, 10:05:08 PM »
Their loss but I am a bit surprised that I haven't heard from Linda who I know was a prominent member of the gang?