Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814591 times)

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2018, 09:56:49 AM »
Does this thread win the prize for the greatest variety of topics (having strayed from plurals a long time ago!)?

Les303

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »
Well, if it hasn't yet, we might as well keep going until we do win the prize.

Pen, I could not agree with you more, Jack is indeed a very funny, funny, man but when it comes to " a picture of you prancing round the house totally starkers singing It's Gnat Unusual! " well, I think that I will just leave that one entirely up to you.

Jack, I'am afraid that we may have also missed the boat with your Qauil's Milk suggestion.
There is already a concoction available which is called Kumis,  it is made from fermented horse's milk & there is another called Bilk which is a combination of beer & milk.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:14:46 PM by Les303 »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »
Jack is indeed a very funny, funny, man

Les, there are very few that would agree, most just think I am peculier.
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2018, 10:59:06 PM »
Bilk? Sorry, the name reminds me too much of the late, great Acker Bilk, one of the finest jazz musicians of his age.

But in UK, 'Milk Stout' aka 'Sweet Stout' was quite a popular 'ladies' drink' a few years ago.
Sold in small bottles, I believe it was a mixture of Stout and lactose, and was sometimes recommended by doctors to nursing mothers.

Stout mixed with bitter was a 'black and tan' and stout mixed with cider was a 'black velvet'.
If you were feeling really affluent, you could use Champagne instead of cider!

Do any of these 'beer cocktails' still exist?

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2018, 06:52:29 AM »

Nowt wrong with that Jack!  I'm slightly bonkers & Les is clearly as mad as a box of frogs so we're all in good company!  I'm inclined to agree with Les about this thread we must keep going until we win the prize for the most topics :laugh: We might get a trophy from Alan as well as a prize :laugh:
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2018, 06:56:46 AM »
That's a great story Anona :)  I will bear that in mind for a further supply of gnats!  Where are you living now?  You may have mentioned it in an earlier thread but I can't remember sorry! Pen

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
Pen: I live in South Wales, and have done so for the last 45 years. A few months ago we moved to a village near Abergavenny.

Les303

« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2018, 07:04:52 PM »

Not just funny but clever & subtle, the type of humour that I enjoy the most.

While we might be slightly peculiar, a little bonkers or indeed as mad as a box of frogs, i would like to think that most people appreciate that we can manage to create a laugh out of virtually nothing, after all life in general can be quite boring, even painful at times so as they say, i reckon that laughter, truly is the best medicine.

I finally managed to get hold of a bottle of old peculier but have not opened it yet as i'm saving it to celebrate our prize for the most topics.

I am just wondering now what that " prize " could possibly be?

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2018, 10:38:24 PM »
Les,

I believe the only possible prize can be a pint of gnat’s pee!

Tony

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2018, 10:45:50 PM »
Of course, the only possible reward !!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »
I think I may have been stupid (again). I've assumed gnat and midges are the same, but now I'm not sure. Does anyone know what applies in Britain? Of course, Scotland calls them midges. I found the descriptions online confusing, and it even looked as if different parts of the world held different views.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2018, 06:54:09 AM »
Sorry Anona am not sure what the difference is!  You're very lucky living in South Wales.  Very beautiful.  My friend & I had a holiday in North Wales in July about 3 years ago.  Very lovely but it rained & rained.  We went to Port Merion & Conwy Castle & it bucketed down.  Drowned rats doesn't even come close!!  We went to the top of Snowden & the fog was so thick you could hardly see your hand in front of your face! Such a shame :( We did have a couple of nice days when we visited Caernarvon Castle & Bodnant Gardens.  I believe it's a lot dryer in your neck of the woods!
Pen

Les303

« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2018, 04:51:04 PM »
Les,

I believe the only possible prize can be a pint of gnat’s pee!

Tony

Thanks, Tony, that sounds like a very apt prize although I am suddenly not so keen on actually winning it.

If this frivolous thread has achieved nothing else, it has managed to lure in another neophyte to the forum, so please keep posting, with your obvious sense of humour & plenty of your countrymen & women already on the site, I am sure that you will have a lot of fun.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers Les

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2018, 06:46:33 AM »
Penny, your comment has tweeked the entrepreneurial nerve in me. You obviously have access to a source of gnats pee. Now if we were to bottle it we could make a fortune selling it to Queenslanders as a health drink. If they can enjoy xxxx they will drink anything. If we ran short of gnat’s pee we could water it down with Fosters. They would never know the difference.   What do you think

Jack I was searching the internet this afternoon & quite by chance happened on a item which said 12 Queenslanders you should know.  I was actually searching for a film I intend to see tomorrow.  I think Google had a funny few moments :laugh: One of these Queenslanders was called Alf Poefinger & he makes & sells exotic ice cream from the fruit he grows on his farm!  I just thought it was a funny coincidence!
Pen

Les303

« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2018, 03:44:55 PM »
I'm surprised that Ozziejack wasn't on that list.