Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814287 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2018, 06:53:23 AM »
Hurrah!! Might have a small glass of wine to celebrate.  Thanks Stanley
All I want to know now is where's Les & how's he getting along with his coachroach ???
Penny
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Les303

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2018, 06:47:31 PM »
Thankyou so much for your concern, auntiemo, I 'am ok although I did have a bit of a hiccup earlier in the week , i'll elaborate shortly on the open forum once all the test results are in,  although i'm reluctant to make a big deal about what was apparently just a mild stroke.

Les303

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »

" I would certainly love to visit the UK with Les to observe the reaction of the locals.  They survived Barry Mckenzie but how would they cope with Les? "

Likewise, ozziejack, I reckon that a trip anywhere with you would be a barrel of laughs however ozziejune would definitely have to stay at home to look after the dogs .( I just could not trust myself in the presence of such beauty )

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2018, 07:22:51 PM »

Take it easy Les  I am sure all will be well :) :)

Carol

Les303

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2018, 07:27:14 PM »
Thanks mate, all's good

Les303

« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2018, 07:27:58 PM »
"More likely he is exhausted from trying to catch the fastest cockroach in Brisbane to enter into the race yesterday.  I am waiting for his report to learn the most innovative name for 2018."

Due to unplanned circumstances, our planned trip to the Storey Bridge did not eventuate this year.
In fact, I have only visited the venue on one occasion which was several years ago, thoroughly enjoyed the day due to the novelty of the entertainment.

Les303

« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2018, 07:53:23 PM »
" does anybody actually drink Fosters because they like it? It's ghastly gnats pee "

Big sister ( Di ) & her husband John are both teetotallers who have never drank any sort of alcohol in their lives.
Who cares, each to their own, you would never meet a more generous & giving couple & of course I could always rely on John for a safe ride home.

So if you do like to have the occasional alcoholic drink, wether it be old peculiar, fosters, four x or wine, who cares, each to their own.

Penny, I must ask, how on earth do you know what gnats pee tastes like?

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2018, 09:22:54 PM »

Penny, I must ask, how on earth do you know what gnats pee tastes like?

Les, sorry to hear you have been crook.  I wouldn’t have teased you so much if I had known. Well, I might have a bit but not so much  >:D.

Your quote to Penny above suggests you are getting back to top form. All the best, mate and keep us informed on your results.
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2018, 11:29:35 PM »
Last Sunday, I had a particularly late night as we were giving a send off for a soon to be retired colleague from work.
The event carried on into the early hours however that was no problem as I was not scheduled to start work until 1.00pm on Monday afternoon.
It was almost midday as I staggered out of bed & almost collapsed on the floor, nothing unusual about that with a big hangover after a big night out.
As I took an extended shower to try to wake myself up, several thoughts were going through my head.
What is this strange sensation of pins & needles all the way up from my left foot to the top of my shoulder , even my top lip is tingling.
No time to worry about that now, I'am running late & have to pull my finger out just to get to work on time.
That particular shift was a very busy one which took my mind of the pins & needles.
By the time that I got home that night, the pins & needles had eased in my arm & there was no issue with my upper lip although the left foot in particular & the upper thigh were still tingling.
Tuesday morning & i'm still experiencing these pins & needles, suppose that I had better go to the doc who I haven't seen in several years.
So I ring up & they are booked out for the day , hesitantly I make an appointment for Wednesday morning. ( i'm sure to be right by then in which case I can just cancel the appointment ).
No improvement Wednesday morning so I front the doc.
I must admit that I did start to get a bit concerned once I had related to the doctor what had been happening over the last couple of days as his reaction was to send me immediately to the hospital that afternoon for an M.I.R. scan.
Before I left, he did ask me to clarify a couple of answers that I had provided on a questionnaire that I had filled out earlier.
Les, you've indicated here that you drink on average a dozen stubbies everyday & smoke up to 20 cigarettes daily , that can't be right, you are a respectable weight for your size & you look about ten years younger than your actual age ?
Definitely incorrect Doctor, the intake of alcohol is entirely dependant on my shifts, overnight shifts, absolutely no alcohol at all , afternoon shifts when I finish at 10pm, usually none at all but occasionally & particularly if I start playing chi to wind down a bit then there may well be a few beers involved & as for the day shifts, well that is probably where our dozen a day comes into it but then of course on days off there is no limit so that is how I came up with that average.
After enduring the following 10 minute lecture about how bad these habits were for my health, I was given another appointment for Thursday morning to review the results of the scan.
Sure enough, the results confirm that I have had a mild stroke with no serious brain damage ( any affected brain cells were probably already killed years ago due to excessive alcohol abuse ) there are still a couple of other test results to come back on Monday but i'm sure that they will be ok, the only ongoing issue that I have is pins & needles in my left foot which comes & goes & the doctor says that if it doesn't fix itself within the next two years then you will probably have to put up with that for the rest of your life.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2018, 11:35:56 PM »
Sorry to hear about that, Les. Judging by your posts today, you're back to your normal self. Let's hope all the remaining test results are good and the pins and needles fade away.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Les303

« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2018, 12:01:31 AM »
A sincere thankyou, Alan, for your kind remarks.
It will take more than a little thing like a bit of a stroke to keep me down.

I do hope that the gonad comment  was received in the intended spirit. ( at least I didn't attach a pic )

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2018, 12:20:39 AM »
Best wishes for the best of health from me, too, Les. Perhaps you should heed your doc’s advice about the beer and fags!

:police:

Les303

« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2018, 01:11:32 AM »
Thanks Pat , definitely trying to cut down /eliminate the fags.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2018, 06:32:10 AM »
Sorry to hear about your scare Les.  Thought it was odd that you were absent from the Forum but assumed that Jack was right & you were chasing cockroaches :laugh:
As a fellow smoker I know how hard it is to quit.  I have tried patches, vaping, sprays & all sorts with little or no success.  Only non-smokers think it's easy!
So glad you're back :)  It's been far too quiet >:D
Oh & before I go I'm astonished that you've never tried gnat's pee!!!
Stay well & funny
Penx
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:47 AM »

As a fellow smoker I know how hard it is to quit.  I have tried patches, vaping, sprays & all sorts with little or no success.  Only non-smokers think it's easy!

Ex-smokers know it’s hard but can be done!