Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871492 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9945 on: August 23, 2023, 02:02:32 PM »
Jack, thank you for sharing Blue's password adventures. Laughed until I cried. Made my day.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: August 23, 2023, 11:13:05 PM »
Jack, thank you for sharing Blue's password adventures. Laughed until I cried. Made my day.

Me too Jack -  hilarious :laugh:

Have fun in Chapel-en-le-Frith.  One of my regrets is that we never visited the Peaks.  It looks like a great area to visit.  I hope David doesn’t get you to fix up a Bike before you go touring.

Thanks Jack  :)  Packed my little bag and raring to go!  Barbs' husband John is picking me up in half an hour to run me to Milton Keynes station.  My plan was to return home on Saturday morning but there's a wretched rail strike.  I've had to cut my trip short and come home on Friday afternoon.  Hopping mad but there's nowt I can do about it >:(

It's a shame you never got to the Peak District.  It's gorgeous.  Lots to see and the scenery is wonderful.  I don't think David will be letting me loose with a spanner any time soon :laugh:

See you soon. :)

Penx
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #9947 on: August 23, 2023, 11:46:49 PM »
A book along the same lines as Pen’s previous title...

1 #5 7(#3 #4) #2 #4
Homophones abound; indefinite article not shown; image 32 – OK you can drop your bundle if you like; image 43 – not who they are but what they are (singular)

*Thanks Jack for fixing up my lack of counting skills!!!  :-R :-R :-R
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 11:48:52 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: August 26, 2023, 04:45:30 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm home in one piece.  Had a smashing couple of days :)  We walked along the tops at Burbage yesterday for two hours.  Beautiful views and the heather was in full bloom.  We had a rather good curry with David's daughter and son-in-law last night :) Had another walk this morning near David's and then had some lunch before I got the train home.  Glad to get home for a rest - I think my legs are a couple of inches shorter :laugh:

Hopefully, I'll be a bit perkier by tomorrow :laugh:  I'll be back for a wrestle with John's rebus and a proper post.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: August 26, 2023, 06:59:25 AM »
I'm home in one piece.  Had a smashing couple of days :) 

Hi Pen,

I’m glad you had such a great holiday even if it was so short.

We really enjoyed our visit by the round-Australia caravaners.  A couple of days of good food, good wine and good conversations.  We probably should have added a few good walks.

I found a couple of cartoons I can identify with to welcome you back with:

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: August 26, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »
Smee again, Pen

To pronounce English like the proverbial Irishman, you need to speak fast.  For example, solve it and say it quickly.

#5  #3  #4  #6

Picture 3.  Not the live animal, but the product you buy in the butcher’s shop.
Picture 4.  Past tense.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: August 26, 2023, 11:34:11 PM »

We really enjoyed our visit by the round-Australia caravaners.  A couple of days of good food, good wine and good conversations.  We probably should have added a few good walks.

I found a couple of cartoons I can identify with to welcome you back with:

To pronounce English like the proverbial Irishman, you need to speak fast.  For example, solve it and say it quickly.

Hi Jack

I got John's rebus reasonably quickly but your fish caused me a bit of trouble :laugh:  A clever and rather sneaky rebus ;)  Great cartoons :laugh:

I'm pleased you had a very enjoyable visit with your nomadic caravanning friends :)  Where are they off to next?

My rebus is an old film.

7 (#4 + #3) #3 #3 #4

Please lose the first letter of picture four and change the first letter of picture five.  One homophone and please pretend it's all on one line.
There's a good possibility I may have used this before but I hope it's different enough not to matter!

I'm still a bit knacked from all that walking :laugh:  Leave you with this funny Irish saying!

In heaven there is no Guinness, that's why we drink ours here!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: August 26, 2023, 11:36:42 PM »
Coooeee Linda!  Don't know if you're tuning in today.  Have you spotted that there's a new series of our favourite programme starting tomorrow night?  :)  Eve just messaged to give me the heads up!
Penx

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: August 27, 2023, 01:08:43 AM »
I didn't know Pen but have just checked the planner and there it is!  That's my Sunday evening sorted.  Bottle of dry white chilling.  Perfect!

Hope you enjoyed your break and that your poor little legs are recovering from all your walking. 

Will report back on Midsomer next week - hope it's a good 'un!  Watched an old Lewis last night and had forgotten how good they were. 

Builder has just knocked off for the day so I'm heading to the loo while the going's good!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: August 27, 2023, 04:10:28 AM »
Oh Linda I'm laughing my head off :laugh:  I hope you haven't been sitting there with your legs crossed all day!!

I had a lovely break thanks :)  My poor little legs are gradually getting back to normal!

Funnily enough David and I watched the first ever episode of Lewis on Wednesday night.  Fortunately, I couldn't remember whodunit!  We'll compare notes on Midsomer on Monday. Like you I hope it's a good 'un.  It's an added bonus for me that it's Bank Holiday :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: August 27, 2023, 11:32:03 AM »
Spoiler Alert for Recent Rebuses
Pen 26/8
Jack 22/8
John  23/8
Pen 22/8
Date reflects the author's time zone.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: August 27, 2023, 03:55:29 PM »
Your fish caused me a bit of trouble :laugh:

I'm pleased you had a very enjoyable visit with your nomadic caravanning friends :) Where are they off to next?

Hi Pen,

You got hooked too?  :D

My caravanning friends are on the home leg of their trip.  They are staying with one of their daughters south of Coffs Harbour for a few days.  If they wished to, they could be home in Bowral tomorrow, but they have other friends and family on the way, so they will do it in several short trips with stays in between and get home about mid-September.

Carol suggested that I should make a Rebus based on the title of a 17th Century painting, a part of which is reproduced below.

The title was also used  in a 12-volume roman-fleuve by an English writer published between 1951 and 1975 to critical acclaim.  This was also adapted later as a 4 episode TV series.  Some of you by this stage will not need pictures  ;).  For those that do:

1 #5 #2 3 #5 #2 #4

One line . A definite and an indefinite article are not pictured

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: August 27, 2023, 10:51:40 PM »

You got hooked too?  :D

Carol suggested that I should make a Rebus based on the title of a 17th Century painting, a part of which is reproduced below.

Hi Jack

I got well and truly hooked :laugh:

Thanks to Carol for a very excellent suggestion for a rebus :)  and not a fish in sight >:D

My rebus is a song from the 1960's.

#4 #3 #4 #5 #3 #2

Please use one word from picture two and lose the last letter from picture five.  You need two consecutive letters from picture six (nine letters in total) and please pretend it's all on one line.  It will come as no surprise to you that I was unable to locate the cat in picture two :laugh:

Damn it's just started raining :(  Better get my washing off the line!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: August 28, 2023, 09:37:11 PM »
Well I watched the latest Pen and was underwhelmed.  :(  Not the worst episode I've seen but certainly not up to the Tom days!  Holly Willoughby?  Why?  What did you think?

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: August 28, 2023, 10:28:45 PM »
Surprise surprise Linda!  I feel exactly the same :)  It was disappointing and didn't set my world on fire :(  I thought I was imagining things when I saw Holly Willoughby!  I actually did a double take :laugh:  I can't stand the wretched woman!  As you rightly say not the worst episode but a let down.  Not a patch on the early ones with Tom.  I'd far rather watch a repeat of one of his old ones!
Trust you don't have builders keeping you out of the bathroom today >:D