Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 835456 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9930 on: August 18, 2023, 09:34:41 PM »
Sorry Jack in my head I honestly thought it was easy!
Sorry I wasted an hour of your day :(

Hi Pen.

No need for sorry about the rebus, Pen.  It was a clever rebus that was in my head very hard even after the supplementary clue.  It was my own fault that when I saw it, I didn't put it aside until the morning, thus depriving me of much-needed beauty sleep. :-[  I have said before all rebuses are easy if you know the answer.  They do become more difficult if you don’t have the same vocabulary and knowledge base of the author and can't fluke the same wave length.

We have been busy the last few days and will be over the weekend finishing off some neglected property improvement.  The friend we used to play golf with regularly when we lived in Mittagong has been on a four-month round Australia caravan trip and is arriving in Brisbane on Monday and is staying with us for a couple of days.

So tonight, I am going to try to catch up on some extra sleep.

P.S.  I will be barracking for both the Lionesses and the Matildas.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 09:43:04 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: August 18, 2023, 10:43:24 PM »
Ooooh, now I get it! Thanks Penny.

Thank goodness for that Moyra :)  I feel like I've led you and Jack on a merry dance :laugh:

Penny
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: August 19, 2023, 12:17:56 AM »

Out of curiosity I asked Google whether we have becks in Australia.  I got the following information:

No need for sorry about the rebus, Pen.   

We have been busy the last few days and will be over the weekend finishing off some neglected property improvement.  The friend we used to play golf with regularly when we lived in Mittagong has been on a four-month round Australia caravan trip and is arriving in Brisbane on Monday and is staying with us for a couple of days.

P.S.  I will be barracking for both the Lionesses and the Matildas.

Hi Jack

The response to your question to Ms Google about Becks made me howl with laughter :laugh: Hilarious!

I like the sound of a four-month round Australia caravan trip.  Think how many different places and things you could see in that time :)

I really hoping my offering today wont be needing any forgiveness or cause a curse or 2 >:D  I'm certainly not brave enough to risk a prediction!

It's a children's story.

6 (#4 + #2) #3 6 (#3 + #3)

Please use the character's name in picture one.  Present tense of picture two and lose the first and last letters.  Please lose the first letter of picture three and use the next three letters.  Please find an alternative five letter word for picture four and just use the first three letters.  You need Dennis Waterman's character in picture five and please pretend it's all on one line.

There was a foursome of ladies about to play a par three,
165 yards long.
Suddenly, out from the trees beside the fairway a streaker
ran across the open expanse of the fairway.
In a gasp, one lady remarked "I think I know that guy ...
isn't that Dick Green?"
"No" replied another, "I think it's a reflection of the grass!"

Leave you with my silly naff joke for today :angel:

Time for tea :)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:27:09 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: August 19, 2023, 01:15:58 AM »
I'm certainly not brave enough to risk a prediction!

Hi Pen,

More than I can say for me.  Instead of turning over and going back to sleep as any sensible person would do, I had to solve it.

So, I will give you a little quiz.

What is the connection between the last word of your rebus and a great moment in Australia's sporting history?
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: August 19, 2023, 01:36:53 AM »
I like the sound of a four-month round Australia caravan trip.  Think how many different places and things you could see in that time :)

isn't that Dick Green?"

Hi again, Pen.

I was almost back asleep when it occurred to me what a remarkable memory you have to have twigged that my caravanning mate is Dick and to have put that joke in.  Or was it just a spooky coincidence?. His surname isn't Green.

:-Z :-Z :-Z
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 01:38:45 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: August 19, 2023, 04:42:16 AM »

What is the connection between the last word of your rebus and a great moment in Australia's sporting history?

I've consulted Ms Google and my best offering is this...

The story makes for interesting reading :)
My alternative is this ..

I'm sure she's very skilled but it doesn't have quite the same excitement.

I was almost back asleep when it occurred to me what a remarkable memory you have to have twigged that my caravanning mate is Dick and to have put that joke in.  Or was it just a spooky coincidence?. His surname isn't Green.

Sadly I can't claim to have a remarkable memory.  Now you've reminded me I do remember you having a golfing mate called Dick but I'm afraid it was just a spooky coincidence :o  Perhaps it was in my subconscious waiting to escape :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: August 19, 2023, 03:52:22 PM »

Hi Pen.

I was in the middle of a flight to Perth on a work trip when the last race finished, and the result was announced, so I knew the result when we landed. It was early evening and so I went to a bar to have a quite nightcap. It was full of Americans.  They were good sports and as I soon as they twigged I was an Aussie (I don’t know how they guessed), they insisted on buying me drinks.  It was a bit hard to concentrate at work the next day, but I did turn up.

My rebus is a quote from an Australian Prime Minister which is not totally unrelated.

#3 #4 #3 #5 #6 #3 #3 #7 #2  #5 2 1 #3

One line. To cater for the superstitious, not those just a little stitious, I have not pictured the indefinite article.

Picture 1.  Don’t be a snob, use what is common.
Picture 2. Don’t believe it.  He is just like the rest.
Picture 3. Go with your initial thought.
Picture 4 Surname.  Add “s” to makes plural.
Picture 5.  This time you have to choose one.
Pictures 6 & 7.  One word (4).  Make homophone.
Picture 8.   She certainly doesn’t follow Margaret Thatcher’s example.
Picture 12.  I think it measures up.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:59:26 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: August 20, 2023, 12:47:59 AM »

They were good sports and as I soon as they twigged I was an Aussie (I don’t know how they guessed), they insisted on buying me drinks.  It was a bit hard to concentrate at work the next day, but I did turn up.

My rebus is a quote from an Australian Prime Minister which is not totally unrelated.

Hi Jack

I'm not quite sure how they worked out you're an Aussie!  Could the accent have been a bit of a giveaway? >:D

That was a stupendous rebus :laugh:  Luckily I had the brains of the outfit here to help me and we solved it between us!

I was a bit stumped for a rebus today.  This is the book that Zoe's reading at the moment.

#3 8 (#3 + #5) #3

Please use three consecutive letters from the middle of picture one.  Reverse picture two and then lose the last letter and also lose the last letter of picture four.  One homophone and please pretend it's all on one line.

I bumped into my neighbour Richard earlier and he was carrying a handle.  When I asked him why he replied...
"It gets me out of the house!"

That's all from me

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: August 20, 2023, 10:27:38 PM »
Hi Jack

The Lionesses are 1-0 down at the moment :(  Must be about half time by now. I had it in my head that kick off was a bit later - got a bit confused obviously!

My rebus today is a little trip down memory lane.  It's a telly programme.

3 10 (#4 + #2 +#4) 9 (#4 + #2 + #2)

THE
Please lose the last letter of picture one (past tense) and the first letter of the England captain in picture two.  Either one in picture three and change the first letter please and lose the first letter of picture six. One homophone and please prtend it's all on one line.

They think it's all over...
Unfortunately, it is now :(
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:29:31 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: August 21, 2023, 09:03:23 AM »
Spoiler Alert for Recent Rebuses
Pen 20/8

Pen 19/8

Jack 19/8

Pen 18/8

Pen 17/8

Pen 16/8

Pen 14/8

Pen 13/8

Pen 11/8

Jack 10/8

Pen 8/8

Date reflects the author's time zone.

It would be interesting to get feedback if anyone had solved all the rebuses, or if they missed a few, which ones they missed.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 09:08:39 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: August 21, 2023, 11:11:16 AM »
Hi Jack

I cracked all the rebuses except The Particle Zoo

Will have to Google it

Carol

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: August 21, 2023, 11:49:28 AM »
Hi Carol,

I only got that one with June's help.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: August 21, 2023, 10:43:06 PM »

My rebus today is a little trip down memory lane.  It's a telly programme.

Hi Jack

It was Mike who devised the original rebus for this programme and brought it to my attention. Must be a few years ago now :( Still watching it and still loving it  :)

Having a very busy day so it's very short and sweet from me today :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: August 23, 2023, 12:24:58 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm gearing myself up for a busy afternoon on fracture clinic.  I'm not in work after today until next Tuesday :)  I'm off to visit my cousin David tomorrow.  Three nights and back on Saturday.  Really looking forward to it :)  I shall probably be AWOL until Sunday.  Try not to miss me too much >:D

A nice easy rebus today.  I may well have used it before!  It's an expression I used to one of my colleagues this morning!

#3 #4 #3 #2 #3 #3

Please use three consecutive letters from the middle of pictures one and five.   Please use the first two letters of picture four and reverse them and pretend it's all on one line.

A farmer was driving a tractor along the road with a load of fertilizer. A little boy, playing in front of his house, saw him and called, "What've you got in your trailer?"
"Fertilizer," the farmer replied.
"What are you going to do with it?" asked the little boy.
"Put it on strawberries," answered the farmer.
"You ought to live here," the little boy advised him. "We put sugar and cream on ours."

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: August 23, 2023, 10:15:58 AM »
I'm off to visit my cousin David tomorrow.  Three nights and back on Saturday.  Really looking forward to it :)  I shall probably be AWOL until Sunday.  Try not to miss me too much >:D

Have fun in Chapel-en-le-Frith.  One of my regrets is that we never visited the Peaks.  It looks like a great area to visit.  I hope David doesn’t get you to fix up a Bike before you go touring.

Of course, we will miss you.  I should be able to put some time into posting while you are away when we wave our visitors off tomorrow.

Pen, have you ever had the same difficulty as Blue setting a password.

WINDOWS: Please enter your new password.

BLUE: cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.

BLUE: boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.

BLUE: 1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.

BLUE: 50bloodyboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.

BLUE: 50BLOODYboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

BLUE: 50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourArseIfYouDon'tGiveMeAccessNow!

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.

BLUE: ReallyTickedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourArseIfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow

WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.

Regards, Jack