Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871493 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9915 on: August 14, 2023, 09:19:58 PM »
Thanks Linda - beginning to get a complex :laugh:  Just printed my quiz and off to lunch :)  Ham & egg for me today :-H
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9916 on: August 14, 2023, 10:20:34 PM »
Just printed my quiz and off to lunch :)  Ham & egg for me today

Enjoy both!  Corned beef (again) and pickle for me. 

I'm surprised that I can work out the pictures as I'm useless at those Magic Eye things. 

No builder here today so I've taken the opportunity to have a long, leisurely shower.  Can't wait for the new shower to be installed - double shower head, get me!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9917 on: August 14, 2023, 11:19:19 PM »
That sounds very swanky Linda :laugh: & very enjoyable :)

I've got a lazy eye (not so much lazy as bone bloody idle :-R)  so I'm wondering if that has an impact on what I can/can't see with those funny pictures.

I've made an executive decision - corned beef sarnies tomorrow :laugh:

Eve and I did the quiz at lunchtime and I must message you our answers!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9918 on: August 15, 2023, 01:06:21 AM »
I'm back Jack!

I'm going to make a quick and simple rebus.  It's an expression that somebody said to me earlier!

#4 #3 4 #5 #4

How would our American friends refer to picture one? - please lose a letter..  Please swap two letters round in the middle of picture three.  Can you rack your brains for the name of the gent in picture four?  Surname please and change the first letter.  So easy peasy you'll have probably solved it long before you need to worry about that :laugh:  Position is important.

Nearly home time hurrah :laugh:  Think this may be a repeat but I'm in a devil may care mood >:D

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9919 on: August 16, 2023, 01:27:32 AM »
I have a joke about a herb and a fish.......this is not the Thyme or the Plaice.

I am in trouble with the wife, when asked what her favourite  flower was I should not have said Self Raising.

Millie was going out in a see through blouse with no bra. Her Grandma asked if it was appropriate and Millie said 'sometimes you just have to let the rosebuds show'.
A few days later Millie told grandma some friends would be round later. When the time for her friends to arrive Millie saw her Grandma was wearing a see through blouse and no bra. Millie asked her Grandma if it was appropriate and Grandma said   ''If you can let the rosebuds show then I can show the hanging baskets.''
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9920 on: August 16, 2023, 02:07:11 AM »
Just what I needed at the end of a horrible busy day. Thanks Gareth  :laugh: :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9921 on: August 16, 2023, 06:01:42 AM »
The first picture I got the apple core and interested couple.  The second one I'm only getting macabre.  It's strange how they mess with your brain.

I've got a lazy eye (not so much lazy as bone bloody idle :-R)  so I'm wondering if that has an impact on what I can/can't see with those funny pictures.

Hi Pen,

I don’t think the ambiguity of the pictures relies on the accuracy of your bifocal vision.  Have you tried looking at the pictures with one eye shut.

I had a couple of new pictures lined up, but as they don't seem to be to your liking. I will change tack.  Here are a few pictures in a lighter vein:  The first one took me some time to get.

The whole country seems to be on tenter hooks in anticipation of the Matilda’s Match against your mob at 5 O’clock tonight (9 am your time), so

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: August 16, 2023, 09:11:40 PM »

I don’t think the ambiguity of the pictures relies on the accuracy of your bifocal vision.  Have you tried looking at the pictures with one eye shut.

I had a couple of new pictures lined up, but as they don't seem to be to your liking. I will change tack.  Here are a few pictures in a lighter vein:  The first one took me some time to get.

The whole country seems to be on tenter hooks in anticipation of the Matilda’s Match against your mob at 5 O’clock tonight (9 am your time), so

Hi Jack

Please do post your new pictures  :)  I'm sorry it's not that I don't like them - I get impatient when I can't see what I'm meant to be looking at.  I'm sure you most know by now that I have very little or no patience :(  I'll try closing my left eye & see if that helps :)

Barbs' husband John has watched almost all the footie matches.  When I called round the other day she was chuntering "He's been watching football since 7 o' clock this morning >:("  She'll be very glad when it's all finished :laugh:  Not that she really cares - she can watch telly upstairs or read her book. They've only been married about 55 years :laugh:
The only time she gets cross is when she's got tea ready for the end of a match and it goes into extra time or penalties :laugh:
Our mob are 1-0 up at the moment.

I loved your light relief :laugh:  It took me ages to get the first one!

Here's a nice easy rebus for you.  It's a film from about 20 odd years ago.

#4 #2 #4 7 (#4 + #3)

Please change the first letters of pictures one and three. You need two consecutive letters from picture two and please pretend it's all one line.

How do you get down off an elephant...?
You don't! you get down off a goose!

Leave you with my exceedingly naff joke of the day ;D

Off to lunch :-H  your mob have just equalised  :laugh:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 09:25:07 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9923 on: August 16, 2023, 10:47:38 PM »
Hi Pen,

I didn’t go too well on the soccer.  I got the time wrong because I thought it was at the same time as the last one.  The Lionesses were too good for our mob.  But I did get your soccer related rebus.

Redlands Council rebuked Blue for arranging the possums in the park by height.  They objected to him critter sizing. ;)

You asked for it:

I'll leave you with a picture posted on Facebook this morning with this caption.

Bonnie looks like she is waiting for the school bus to take her to The School for Gifted Dogs ❤️🐕🐾

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9924 on: August 17, 2023, 04:26:33 AM »

I didn’t go too well on the soccer.  I got the time wrong because I thought it was at the same time as the last one.  The Lionesses were too good for our mob.  But I did get your soccer related rebus.

You asked for it:

I'll leave you with a picture posted on Facebook this morning with this caption.

Hi Jack

I'm a bit knacked and am very glad it's Thursday tomorrow :-Y

I did ask for it didn't I?  It's very strange.  I looked at your pictures earlier when I got in from work and enjoying my cuppa.  I scowled at them with both eyes and just one and couldn't make head nor tail of them :laugh:  I've just signed into my laptop and saw them both almost straight away.  Very peculiar.  Not sure if it's anything to do with the screen size?  My laptop screen is obviously considerably bigger than my phone.

What a cracking picture of Bonnie :)  She really does look like she's waiting for the bus - properly tickled me :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9925 on: August 17, 2023, 11:51:35 PM »
Hi Jack

It's a lovely warm sunny day here :).  I've been quite busy.  Done a few chores and got my washing on the line.  Been for a walk round Furzon Lake and got hot rather than wet :laugh:  Made a nice change!

A nice simple rebus for you today :)  It's an old film from the 1930's.

8 (#3 + #3 + #2) #5

Please lose the first letter of picture two and use two consecutive letters from the middle of the name of the bunny in picture three.  Second word of picture four and lose the third letter and please pretend it's all on one line.

Kylie told me that Uncle Blue's mate, Bruce, was looking to buy a saw to cut down some trees in his back garden. He goes to a hardware shop and asks about various chainsaws.
The dealer tells him, "Look, I have a lot of models, but why don't you save yourself a lot of time and aggravation and get the top-of-the-line model. This chainsaw will cut a hundred branches of wood for you in one day."
So, Bruce takes the chainsaw home and begins working on the trees. After cutting for several hours and only cutting two branches, he decides to quit. He thinks there is something wrong with the chainsaw. "How can I cut for hours and only cut two branches?" Bruce mutters to himself. "I will begin first thing in the morning and cut all day,"
So, the next morning Bruce gets up at 4am and cuts and cuts, and cuts till nightfall, and still he only manages to cut five branches.
Bruce is convinced the saw is useless. He starts chuntering "The dealer told me it would cut one hundred branches of wood in a day, no problem. I will take this bloody saw back to the dealer,"
The very next day Bruce takes the saw back to the dealer and explains the problem. The dealer, baffled by the man's claim, removes the chainsaw from the case. The dealer says, "Hmm, it looks fine."
Then the dealer starts the chainsaw, to which Bruce responds, "What on earths that noise?"

Leave you with my very naff joke of the day ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9926 on: August 18, 2023, 01:25:24 AM »
A nice simple rebus for you today :)  It's an old film from the 1930's.

Hi Pen,

I have spent an hour on your nice simple rebus.and I have made no progress . In other words I haven't got a clue.

Dog, pup and Lab could be the first picture.
Ire is probably the second picture.
um or mp are the middle letters of the third picture.
I haven't got a clue what the fourth picture is.

perhaps I might be thinking clearer in the morning.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9927 on: August 18, 2023, 04:25:34 AM »

I have spent an hour on your nice simple rebus.and I have made no progress . In other words I haven't got a clue.

Dog, pup and Lab could be the first picture.
Ire is probably the second picture.
um or mp are the middle letters of the third picture.
I haven't got a clue what the fourth picture is.

Sorry Jack in my head I honestly thought it was easy!

Um is correct and try this as a substitute for picture two.

I didn't realise that picture four's not that clear.  This is the word I asked you to ignore.

Sorry I wasted an hour of your day :(

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9928 on: August 18, 2023, 10:45:57 AM »
Ooooh, now I get it! Thanks Penny.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9929 on: August 18, 2023, 12:26:49 PM »
Ooooh, now I get it! Thanks Penny.

Hi Moyra,

I used Google to check whether the first word was legitimate and was applicable to Australia as I had never heard of it before.

Yes, they can grow in Australia, especially in cool, humid climates such as the Southern Highlands of New South Wales or parts of Tasmania. They are small deciduous trees with bright yellow flowers that resemble wisteria. They prefer moist well drained soil and full sun. However, be aware that they are poisonous and should not be planted near children or animals.

Then I used Google to find a 1930's movie with that word in the title.   There was only one.   

I was still curious about the fourth picture, so I googled the last word with tongue in front and now I know what the picture was, because google added the extra letter for me.  I had not heard the term before, but I am probably the least handy man on the planet, so that is not such a surprise.

So how easy was that?  >:D

I am in awe of you getting it so quickly.

The exercise does prove what we have said many times that the forum does improve your knowledge.  A further example was that in the previous rebus I learnt that a beck is a small stream.

Out of curiosity I asked Google whether we have becks in Australia.  I got the following information:

Hello, this is Bing. I’m not sure what you mean by becks. Do you mean:
•   A hardware store in Queensland
•   A bakery in South Australia
•   A musician who will tour Australia in 2023
•   A brand of painkillers that was popular in Australia
•   Established in 1976 under Peter W Beck, Becks manufactures over 4000 Wedding Ring designs for Men and Women which are available through retail outlets all over Australia and New Zealand.
•   Becks is a German beer brand that is available in Australia. You can buy it online or from your nearest store. 

Regards, Jack