Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871489 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9900 on: August 11, 2023, 11:00:23 PM »
Hope you're having a smashing builder-free Friday :laugh:

No I am not!  Thankfully, he's working outside but I have the constant blast of Radio 2 in my ears and he sings along, tunelessly!  What is it with builders and the need for music?  Anyway, I am going to retaliate by playing David Bowie at a high volume to drown out the inane tunes he's listening to.  Knowing my luck he'll be a massive Bowie fan and will drone along to his wonderful music.  >:(

Hope you and Eve enjoy the quiz.  Not sure if I've posted it before but if I have it will have been some time ago. 

Girl's jaw line is old woman's nose.  Come on Pen you can do it.  Perhaps a glass or two of pink will help loosen your little grey cells and your eyesight!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: August 11, 2023, 11:22:32 PM »
Oh Linda you do make me laugh  :laugh: :laugh:
You do know he's bound to be a David Bowie fan >:D
Just going out but I'll put a bit more effort in later - a glass of pink will definitely help  the eyesight>:(
I didn't recogise the first question so I think you're fairly safe in not having posted it before    :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: August 11, 2023, 11:44:54 PM »
Oh Linda you do make me laugh  :laugh: :laugh:

Glad to cheer your day, Pen!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: August 12, 2023, 04:42:57 AM »
Glad to cheer your day, Pen!  >:D

You do it so beautifully Linda :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: August 12, 2023, 06:00:08 AM »
I've got one hour to complete my post and put the washing out and be at Barbs' by 11am. 
My rebus is an episode of

Please pronounce the lady's name as if you're from the North of England >:D

1 7 (#4 + #3) 2 9 (#4 + #4 + #1)

Please use the last two letters of the first name of the gent in picture five.

Hi Pen, 

If my assumptions are right, I have an answer to your rebus.

Assumption 1.  The word count of the series is 8(#4 #4)

Assumption 2.  For some reason, people in North of England pronounce “ch” as “sh”

Assumption 3.  As you want us to use two letters of Beefy’s name and your word count doesn’t have a two-letter word pictured and the two-letter word used is an assumed “in”, the word count needs tweaking, perhaps the last term being  9(#3 + #4 * #2)

Assumption 4.  Picture 2 is an ultrasound photo.

I’ll leave you with this - Animal or Bird?

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: August 12, 2023, 10:30:44 PM »

The young woman's ear is the old woman's eye, if that helps Pen!  >:D

Sorry Linda I completely forgot to say I got it in the end thanks :)

Not very cheery here today.  I went for a walk round Furzton Lake this morning (about 30 minutes) and about halfway round it started raining.  That horrible fine wet rain.  I was soaked by the time I got back to the car and the rain was running down the back of my neck  :(  I think that wretched lake's cursed - it's the second time that's happened to me :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: August 12, 2023, 11:19:40 PM »

If my assumptions are right, I have an answer to your rebus.

Hi Jack

So sorry you're quite right in your assumptions and I made a proper dog's breakfast of my rebus :(  Although I would take slight issue with Assumption 2.

I would pronouce her name share and it's possible that somebody with a northern accent might (just might >:D) flatten it to sound like shur.  I know I'm clutching at straws but I feel a proper charlie :cry:

I did much better with the animal/bird picture than I did with the old/young lady :)
He t

Reg received a call for jury service and he really didn't want to go.  He tried every excuse he could think of but none of them worked.
On the day the trial began he decided to give it one last try.  Reg stood up and said "Your Honour may I please approached the bench?"  He continued "I must be excused from this trial because I am prejudiced against the defendant.  I took one look at the man in the blue suit with the beady eyes and dishonest face and I thought 'He's a crook! Guilty guilty guilty!  So your honour I couldn't possibly serve on this jury"
The judge looked down at him with tired annoyance and said "That man is his lawyer, get back in the Jury Box immediately!"

Leave you with my naff joke du jour ;D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: August 13, 2023, 12:12:57 AM »
Sorry Linda I completely forgot to say I got it in the end thanks :)

I knew you would Pen. 

Just been shopping and it was pouring down but still warm.  I didn't get wet as went prepared with raincoat - once a Brownie ....

Have large window and back door in extension now!  Still got to contend with plumber, electrician, joiner and man from kitchen showroom who I took a bit of a dislike to - pushy and reeking of pungent aftershave!  I'm not keen on fragranced men at the best of times and especially not when they're trying their best to push me into buying the most expensive units in the store.  However, I am not easily pushed!!

Coffee needed and then I'm going to concoct some sort of pasta bake for tea.   >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: August 13, 2023, 02:12:05 AM »
Although I would take slight issue with Assumption 2.  I would pronounce her name share and it's possible that somebody with a northern accent might (just might >:D) flatten it to sound like shur. 

Hi Pen.

Touche.  You would pronounce it like I would pronounce it and I understand the Americans would pronounce it, but I had no idea how the folk from the north of England would pronounce it.  It should have occurred to me that to fit the rebus, they had to pronounce it "shur".  I don't think too clearly at 4 am although June tells me this is a problem I have 24 hours a day. :D

I’ll leave you with this - flowers and flutterby or girl?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 02:13:47 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: August 13, 2023, 04:12:06 AM »

Just been shopping and it was pouring down but still warm.  I didn't get wet as went prepared with raincoat - once a Brownie ....

Have large window and back door in extension now!  Still got to contend with plumber, electrician, joiner and man from kitchen showroom who I took a bit of a dislike to - pushy and reeking of pungent aftershave!  I'm not keen on fragranced men at the best of times and especially not when they're trying their best to push me into buying the most expensive units in the store.  However, I am not easily pushed!!

Coffee needed and then I'm going to concoct some sort of pasta bake for tea.   >:D

I was also a Brownie once Linda though clearly the motto didn't stay with me :-R

It's sounds like it's all coming together now :)  I know what you mean about whiffy aftershave.  We have a doctor in the hospital who bathes in the stuff and I come across a nurse who wears perfume so overpowering I can taste the smell of it :(  Imagine feeling really poorly and being asphyxiated :o  I'd like to see the kitchen salesman try to push you around  >:D  I know who my money would be on :laugh:

I had sweet chilli chicken and noodles courtesy of Mr Sainsburys.  It was very nice :)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9910 on: August 13, 2023, 04:24:06 AM »

I don't think too clearly at 4 am although June tells me this is a problem I have 24 hours a day. :D

I’ll leave you with this - flowers and flutterby or girl?

That properly tickled me Jack  :laugh:  June's obviously a very wise lady  >:D

Your pictures are really scrambling my brain  :laugh:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 04:34:21 AM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: August 13, 2023, 09:32:25 PM »
Hi Jack

Enjoying a nice lazy Sunday :)

With no small amount of trepidation I'm going to risk a rebus!  It's a novel.  I have a suspicion I've probably used it before but I'm hoping it's completely different.

#4 2 (#1 + #4) 7 (#4 + #3)

What has Mr Bean got in the first picture? (1 + 4)  Please change the first letter of picture two and past tense for the last picture.  One homophone and position is vitally important.

This tickled me :laugh:

Ouch!

Lunchtime.  I've got a ham and egg sarnie with my name on it  :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: August 14, 2023, 04:43:34 PM »
With no small amount of trepidation I'm going to risk a rebus!  It's a novel.  I have a suspicion I've probably used it before but I'm hoping it's completely different.

Hi Pen,

I, too, had the feeling it had been used before but I searched the last two and a half years of the spoiler alerts and it didn’t appear.  So no worries on that count and it was a great rebus expertly presented.

Don’t you hate it when people answer their own questions?  I know I do.

I’ll leave you with these pictures.Is this one the remains of an apple or an interesting couple?

This one is either macabre or delightful. What do you see?  I am not going to answer that.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: August 14, 2023, 08:23:30 PM »

I, too, had the feeling it had been used before but I searched the last two and a half years of the spoiler alerts and it didn’t appear.  So no worries on that count and it was a great rebus expertly presented.

I’ll leave you with these pictures.Is this one the remains of an apple or an interesting couple?

This one is either macabre or delightful. What do you see?  I am not going to answer that.

Hi Jack

Thanks for that :)  I was quite apprehensive!

The first picture I got the apple core and interested couple.  The second one I'm only getting macabre.  It's strange how they mess with your brain.  (probably only my brain :laugh:)

Having a rather busy morning.  Off to fracture clinic after lunch and hoping it's less hectic!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: August 14, 2023, 08:40:04 PM »
The second one I'm only getting macabre.

Think mirror, Pen!  >:D