Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 837349 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9795 on: July 22, 2023, 04:16:32 AM »

I think it is probably my favourite episode, Pen! 

Just come back from Kendal - the traffic was horrendous in town.  Having a restorative cuppa coffee before preparing a salad of new spuds, cheesy coleslaw, green things and a slice of chicken and ham pie - yum!  >:D

Mine too Linda.   Think I might watch it later with a glass or 2 of pink much :)

Your salad sounds scrummy - better than my quiche with new spuds!  I'm a bit trepidated to ask what 'green things' are :laugh:  Been wracking my brains! Some sort of healthy vegetable? >:D
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: July 22, 2023, 04:23:36 AM »
We have a Pride Festival tomorrow to add to the chaos. Next week is an event to ENCOURAGE people to come to all the activities we can offer here in the school holidays. Breweries and organisation spring to mind!!

You have all the fun there Christine - no sooner do you get rid of the annual 'visitors' & you have this to deal with :(  Sounds a nightmare :-R
We've got a convention of 17,000 Jehovahs Witnesses at the MK Dons stadium all weekend.  That's definitely something to give a very wide berth to for many reasons!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: July 22, 2023, 06:50:34 AM »
We've got a convention of 17,000 Jehovahs Witnesses at the MK Dons stadium all weekend.  That's definitely something to give a very wide berth to for many reasons!

Hi Pen,

Sounds like there is no chance of a conversion after all, then.

I've got to leave for Cleveland in 10 minutes to pick Ruby up.   She will be with us for the day.

Sorry to say this but I hope it rains like hell for two days over your way. >:D
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: July 22, 2023, 06:50:13 PM »
We have a Pride Festival tomorrow to add to the chaos

I know, Christine!  We're giving Kendal a wide berth for a week or so.  Thought hubby was going to blow a gasket - his idea of hell is being stuck in traffic.  We had been shopping and lunching and then foolishly decided to head out to B & Q to check out wash basins - don't ask!  Wish we hadn't bothered as it took a good hour to get there and back to Morrisons.  Utter chaos and I suppose it will get worse before it gets better.

I'm a bit trepidated to ask what 'green things' are :laugh:  Been wracking my brains! Some sort of healthy vegetable? >:D

Nothing exotic, Pen, just mixed salad leaves!  Stick a bit of greenery on your plate and you can smugly call it a salad, I say!

Builder has turned up unexpectedly this morning.  Got a bit of a shock as I was having a lie in and hubby had only just got up.  They were stood chatting about U-bends and condensation pipes (can that be right?!) in the bathroom and I was desperate to go to the loo!  Just when I thought they'd exhausted their very interesting conversation they started up again - the merits of chiselling out wall tiles so as to get a good fix for shower boards!!  More than desperate by then and mightily relieved (in more ways than one) when they moved downstairs and I could make my escape from the bedroom.  They're outside now discussing some other disgusting kind of pipework - it's going to be a long day!!  >:D

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: July 22, 2023, 07:12:44 PM »
Hi Penny
The Witnesses used to gather en masse at the Elland Road stadium when I lived in Leeds (less than 2 miles down the road). Watch out for extra copies of the Watchtower arriving in your letter box!
Christine

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: July 22, 2023, 08:50:45 PM »

Sorry to say this but I hope it rains like hell for two days over your way. >:D

Hi Jack

That's not very sporting when you're on the ropes :laugh:  I hope Jason Day gets pooped on by a very large seagull >:D

It's looking like you'll get your wish.  At least for today :-R

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: July 22, 2023, 08:52:55 PM »

Watch out for extra copies of the Watchtower arriving in your letter box!

They're a pain in the neck Christine :(  If they put a Watchtower through my letter box I'll give it back pronto  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: July 22, 2023, 09:14:17 PM »

Nothing exotic, Pen, just mixed salad leaves!  Stick a bit of greenery on your plate and you can smugly call it a salad, I say!

and I was desperate to go to the loo!  Just when I thought they'd exhausted their very interesting conversation they started up again - the merits of chiselling out wall tiles so as to get a good fix for shower boards!!  More than desperate by then and mightily relieved (in more ways than one) when they moved downstairs and I could make my escape from the bedroom. it's going to be a long day!!  >:D

Sorry Linda but I laughed and laughed when I read your post :laugh:  Visions of you jiggling up and down with your legs crossed :laugh:
I'm off next door for cheese and beetroot sarnies with my wonderful neighbours :-H  Not a bit of salad in sight >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: July 22, 2023, 10:38:18 PM »
I hope Jason Day gets pooped on by a very large seagull >:D

Hi Pen,

Why Pick on Jason?, he’s not a Jehovah’s Witness.

Ruby’s gone home totally exhausted after playing with Bonnie all day but she’s not as exhausted as we are.  She is a non-stop mischief seeker and she knows she is as cute as a button. 

We are off to the Gold Coast for a week’s “holiday” tomorrow.   Bonnie will be with the Cleveland mob while we are away.  More details when we settle in.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:46:27 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: July 23, 2023, 12:07:58 AM »
Sorry Linda but I laughed and laughed when I read your post

I'm glad to have caused you such merriment, Pen!  Not really a laughing matter, you know - could have had dire consequences!

Builder has left the building so I'm able to visit the loo as and when now.  :laugh:

Hope you enjoyed your cheese and beetroot sarnie which I must say sounds fairly disgusting but I'm sure it was a culinary success.  Not as delish as egg, tomato and loads of our fave condiment, I'm sure!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: July 23, 2023, 01:25:11 AM »

I'm glad to have caused you such merriment, Pen!  Not really a laughing matter, you know - could have had dire consequences!

Builder has left the building so I'm able to visit the loo as and when now.  :laugh:

Hope you enjoyed your cheese and beetroot sarnie which I must say sounds fairly disgusting but I'm sure it was a culinary success.  Not as delish as egg, tomato and loads of our fave condiment, I'm sure!  >:D

Sorry (again!) Linda i do know from bitter experience that it's no laughing matter to be busting for a pee :( It was all your comments about about u bends and pipes and tiles that really tickled me.  I could picture your frustration! At least you can visit the loo in peace now :)

The cheese and beetroot rolls were very good though, as you rightly say, not as yummy as egg & tomato with lashings of our favourite condiment :)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: July 23, 2023, 01:35:02 AM »

Why Pick on Jason?, he’s not a Jehovah’s Witness.

We are off to the Gold Coast for a week’s “holiday” tomorrow.   Bonnie will be with the Cleveland mob while we are away.  More details when we settle in.

Hi Jack

I was looking for a bit of retaliation for the rain comment and Jason Day was the only Aussie golfer I could think of at the time :laugh:
Anyway you'll have the last laugh as Labuchagne and Marsh are frustrating the England bowlers and reducing the deficit!

That's a cracking picture of Ruby looking like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards :laugh: She looks full of mischief >:D

Have a safe journey to the Gold Coast tomorrow :)  I look forward to hearing all about it.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: July 23, 2023, 04:33:08 PM »
Hi Paula,

I think this was the article you were referring to in the email you sent me.

It Is unbelievable the extent people will go to for their dogs but I can understand it completely. I enjoyed the article. Thanks for sending it to me.
Regards, Jack

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: July 23, 2023, 07:46:32 PM »
Hi Jack and Penny
if you ever find yourself in that bit of Scotland I can heartily recommend The Tomich Hotel about a mile or so down the road from this beautiful ruined house. I have been a number of times and like to imagine all those retrievers milling about! I have had a Lab and a couple of Flatcoated Retrievers there but the effect was not the same! Must go back again as it is quite a while since I visited and Holly Cocker Spaniel would love it.
Christine

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: July 23, 2023, 08:31:12 PM »
Thanks Christine it looks gorgeous :) I would dearly love to visit Scotland - I've never been.  Not sure how I'd get there as I don't fly and too far to drive.  I could get on a train but wouldn't be able to get around much once I'd arrived.  I could do with a chauffeur and somebody to visit with!
I did see that lovely article about all the dogs the other day.  It made me smile.  I hope the dogs didn't get mixed up :laugh: