Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 819622 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9405 on: April 03, 2023, 12:37:22 AM »

I’ve got my morning chores out of the way, so I rewarded myself with a lunch of Barbecued Orange Roughy aka Deep Sea Ocean Perch.

My rebus is a movie which has this write up

If you've got a mo, take this aussie lesson

Hi Jack

I've had a busy morning.  Made a couple of shepherd's pies - one for tomorrow and one for the freezer.  Done a few chores and had some lunch and just been for a walk.

Now relaxing and enjoyed your cracking post :)  Pleased to hear from Blue :laugh:  I have an answer for your clever rebus but need to check it out.  Loved the aussie lesson  :)

I will definitely be checking out the two Robert Goddard books you mentioned in your earlier post!

My rebus is a book and an expression.  I thought I may have used it but I made quite a thorough search and couldn't find it. 

9 (#4 + #5) #5 2 3 8 (#4 + #4)

THE
Please use the surname of the character in picture one and change the first letter.  Can you remember how the press sometimes referred to the tennis player?  Please lose the third letter of the last picture.  One homophone and it's all on one line but position is vitally important!

Everything stops for tea  >:D

« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 12:42:23 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: April 03, 2023, 04:16:10 AM »

My rebus is a movie which has this write up

I'm back Jack and I'm

I've solved all your rather sneaky rebus but I just can't crack the first word!  I will patiently await your spoiler  >:D

Been a lovely sunny afternoon and I have a suspicion we may have a frost in the morning.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: April 03, 2023, 09:20:47 AM »
Spoiler Alert for Recent Rebuses

Pen 2/4

Jack 2/4

Pen 1/4

Pen 31/3

Pen 28/3

Date reflects the author's time zone.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: April 04, 2023, 04:04:07 AM »
Hi Jack

I was right about the frost this morning.  My windscreen was a solid frozen lump :(  I think tomorrow morning's going to be the same again.

That was a devilishly clever rebus :)  I don't think I'd have solved it all in a month of Sundays  :laugh:

A very busy day and feeling a bit knacked now  :-Y  Going to give the little grey cell a small workout then slump in my comfy chair!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: April 04, 2023, 09:27:16 PM »
G'day Jack

Just gearing up for a busy morning on fracture clinic - when isn't it?!  Another sharp frost this morning :(

I'm going to attempt a rebus and hope to get it done by lunchtime.  It's a film from the 1980's which I wouldn't watch in a million years :laugh:

1 9 (#5 + #4) 2 #3 #6

A

Picture one - not who the character is but what he is.  How would you describe the steak?  Please change the first letter.  Please ignore Larry in picture four - second word of where he is.
Position is of utmost importance.

Not long to go til lunchtime  :-H (thank goodness!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: April 04, 2023, 10:14:06 PM »
Hi Pen,

We had our COVID booster this morning (this was our fifth jab) and I’ve taken medical advice and had a very relaxed day.

I finished off the Robert Goddard book and although I have had reservations about him in the past, this one was very good.

Michele walked Bonnie today and gave this report on Facebok

Bonnie was in the best mood today. Her eyes sparkled and she was so playful. The girl made me sprint today...not just run but sprint. She wanted to go so off we went. Anyone who passed us in Redland Bay today must have been laughing at me trying to keep up with her 

Tonight ,we watched the first two episodes of series one of a Perry Mason miniseries.  It is quite raw and totally different so far to the original presentation.  The jury is still out on this one.  Has anyone else seen it?

The series focuses on the origin story of famed defense lawyer Perry Mason. In 1932, Los Angeles is prospering while the rest of the U.S. is recovering from the grip of the Great Depression. Down-and-out private investigator Perry Mason is struggling with his trauma from The Great War and being divorced.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:38:57 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: April 05, 2023, 04:28:20 AM »
Hi Jack

I thought I remembered Perry Mason from my Mum and Dad watching it when I was a kid.  I think I may have got a bit confused with Ironside but I think he was the chap in the wheelchair.  I didn't realise they'd made an up to date version of Perry Mason so I'm not much help at all  ???

I'm going to seek out the Robert Goddard book when I shop at the end of the week.  If all else fails I'll look on Amazon.

I was going to say it sounds like Michelle and Bonnie had a great walk but perhaps I'd better make that a great run :laugh:  Definitely a lot of fun!  Lovely pictures - you can't have too many  :)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: April 05, 2023, 08:20:51 AM »
Thanks for those pics of Bonnie, Jack - she’s really gorgeous. Love her tail - quite something!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: April 05, 2023, 04:54:01 PM »
Hi Pen,

Just a quickie so I can get back to Perry Mason.

My rebus is a movie made this decade about a brilliant scientist who made unfortunate choices.

1  3(#3  #7  #3)  #3

Conceptionally one Line.

A

Picture 1.  Ditch the last letter
Picture 2.  First word only
Picture 3.  Homophone

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: April 05, 2023, 08:30:52 PM »
Hi Jack

No frost this morning and a steady day so far :)

My rebus is also a film but completely different from yours!

3 #5 #2 3 #4-#6

THETHE
Please change the first letter of the first picture and lose the first two letters of of picture two.  Either one of picture three and change the first letter and it's a homophone.  You need to think a bit cockney with the last picture  >:D  Please pretend it's all on one line.

Leave you with a small random assortment. Roll on lunchtime  :-H

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 12:39:29 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: April 05, 2023, 10:53:15 PM »
Hi Pen,

We got the day  a bit back to front foodwise as we had a dinner of Bacon and eggs followed by Camambert and Brie.  The big disappointment was we didn't have any Yorkshire Wensleydale.  >:D

I think I  have the answer to your rebus but I didn't reverse the last two letters of picture two, just took them as they were.

Must Go.  It's way past my bedtime. :-Z :-S
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: April 06, 2023, 12:49:16 AM »

The big disappointment was we didn't have any Yorkshire Wensleydale.  >:D

I think I  have the answer to your rebus but I didn't reverse the last two letters of picture two, just took them as they were.

You're right Jack the Yorkshire Wensleydale would have been just the job  :laugh:

Thanks for spotting my cock up  :)  I've put it right!

Just under an hour and I can go home  :-C

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: April 07, 2023, 01:25:19 AM »
Hi Jack

I did a few chores this morning and then went and did some shopping in Sainsburys.  After lunch I decided to have a walk round Furzton Lake.  It takes about 35/40 minutes. Of course sod's law dictates that the heavens opened up when I was about halfway round.  Not just ordinary rain but that horrible cold spiky rain  :(  I was singing and walking as fast as my little legs would carry me  :laugh:
Well...
#1 #3 #6 7 1 #4 3 1 #4 #5

AA
Please reverse picture three and change the last letter of picture five. Two homophones and position is vital!

end of part one...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:31:39 AM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: April 07, 2023, 01:30:35 AM »
I'm having a few problems!  I've split my post in two.

I've recently started using food in my magic act.  I start by crushing garlic, basil, pine nuts and and then I blend them together with grated parmesan and olive oil...
Hey pesto!   

That's all from me.  Zoe's visiting tomorrow so I'll be back at the weekend  :)

and now it's thundering and lightning and it's like the middle of the night  :(

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: April 07, 2023, 06:26:34 AM »
I'm having a few problems! 
and now it's thundering and lightning and it's like the middle of the night  :(

Hi Pen,

I've had a few problems too.

Yesterday, I had a few fluey aches and was exhausted for no reason.  I put it down to COVID jab reaction..

I tried to get onto the forum before I went to bed and it was unresponsive.  I did a quick post in the middle of the night and then had the feeling of vertigo coming on, so I packed it in..

Everything's fine this morning but we have to go out early,

So I'll just wish you a Good Friday.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 09:34:13 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack