Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 823453 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8370 on: August 17, 2022, 12:44:48 AM »

Here is a story to see if you understand your limits.

You can see why they call border collies eye dogs

Hi Jack

I've had a very busy day & it's passed me by in a blur :laugh:  Only another hour & it's home time hurrah :)  Can't wait to have a cuppa.  We've had a little bit of rain but nothing to get too excited about!

I'm not really sure if I understand my limits. I think my brain is as fried as that egg >:D

A gorgeous picture of Bonnie - who could resist that lovely face & those eyes? :)

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: August 17, 2022, 07:10:09 AM »
Hi Pen,

Sorry about the limits joke, Pen, it did require you to remember your high school mathematics.

A linguistics professor says during a lecture that, “In English, a double negative form a positive. But in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, in no language in the world can a double positive form a negative.” But from the back of the room Blue piped up, “Yeah, right.

Queue is spelled just with Q and four silent letters.
No, it’s not. They’re just waiting their turn.

I’ll leave you with the latest bunch of cuties out at Taaffeite. 

Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: August 17, 2022, 09:53:31 AM »

You can see why they call border collies eye dogs

Such stunning colouring! (Inc socks!) The eyes are beautiful… but it’s that ear that melted my heart! Also the new pups … ❤️

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: August 17, 2022, 07:00:21 PM »

Such stunning colouring! (Inc socks!) The eyes are beautiful… but it’s that ear that melted my heart! Also the new pups … ❤️

I totally agree Madeleine.  That ear's been melting my heart since I first clapped eyes on it :-*

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: August 17, 2022, 08:29:35 PM »

Sorry about the limits joke, Pen, it did require you to remember your high school mathematics.

Hi Jack

I'm sorry too -  >:D

Here's a small puzzle.  It's a TV series from the 1970's.  Hope I haven't used it before - fingers crossed.

#4 #5 6 (#3 + #3)

Please lose the last letter of the first picture & change the first letter of the third.

Nearly lunchtime :-H  Cheese & pickle Linda if you're turning in.  Wont set the world on fire I'm afraid :laugh:

Leave you with this

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: August 18, 2022, 07:01:37 AM »
Hi Pen,

I was busy yesterday doing my first lawn mow of the season. 

The days are starting to get gorgeous after the cool starts.  The negative news is they are predicting another wet spring and summer.

1.   Blue walks into a library and asks the librarian for books about paranoia. She whispers, "They're right behind you!"
    2.   Want to hear a roof joke? The first one's on the house.
    3.   What should you do if you're attacked by a group of clowns? Go straight for the juggler.
    4.   Why don't koalas count as bears? They don't have the right koalafications.
    5.   A cement mixer and a prison bus crashed on the highway. Police advise citizens to look out for a group of hardened criminals.
    6.   I saw a movie about how ships are put together. It was riveting.
    7.   Blue walks into a library and orders a hamburger. The librarian says, "This is a library." Blue apologizes and whispers, "I'd like a hamburger, please."
    8.   Why did the taxi driver get fired? Passengers didn't like it when she went the extra mile.
    9.   A group of crows was arrested for hanging out together. The charge? Attempted murder.
    10.   What time does a duck wake up? The quack of down.
    11.   Some people eat snails. They must not like fast food.
    12.   Have you heard the one about the skunk? Never mind, it really stinks.
    13.   Is this pool safe for diving? It deep ends.
    14.   What is worse than raining cats and dogs? Hailing taxis!
    15.   What did the nose say to the finger? Quit picking on me!

I’ll leave you with

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 07:03:46 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: August 18, 2022, 08:30:31 PM »

I was busy yesterday doing my first lawn mow of the season. 

The days are starting to get gorgeous after the cool starts.  The negative news is they are predicting another wet spring and summer.

G'day Jack

I was laughing at your post while enjoying my early morning cuppa :laugh:

I'm so pleased it's Friday tomorrow.  I'm finishing a bit earlier today so I can get my hair cut.

I have little or no faith in the weathermen :( (sorry should that be weatherperson? >:D)  We were forecast to have thunderstorms & torrential rain on Monday & Tuesday & possibly Wednesday.  Not a sausage!  About 5/10 minutes rain on Monday evening & that was it.  Hopefully you'll have a lovely Spring & Summer :)

Off to lunch now :-H  Tuna & tomato sarnie today Linda :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: August 19, 2022, 03:34:25 PM »
I'm finishing a bit earlier today so I can get my hair cut.

Hi Pen,

I hope you like your new haircut.  Even if you don’t, you will find it grows on you. :D

The Coorparoo mob have a busy weekend, so Dusty arrived for a weekend visit this morning. He and Bonnie have just gone off with Michelle and Pascal.  That should take a bit of the mischief out of them.

Another gorgeous day here – just reached 26oC.

I’ll leave you with one, especially for you. Pen

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: August 19, 2022, 11:50:05 PM »

I hope you like your new haircut.  Even if you don’t, you will find it grows on you. :D

I’ll leave you with one, especially for you. Pen

Hi Jack

Did you hear me groaning from there? :laugh: :laugh:  I love the t-shirt thanks :-*

I've done a few chores but got bored so I gave up! I've got all weekend to do the other jobs as Zoe's off to Whitby tomorrow for a week so I'll have to keep myself amused.  Heaven only knows how I'll finish the crossword tomorrow!

I've been up to Barbs' & we had a walk & a lovely cold drink as it turned out to be much warmed than we though! It's 26oc so probably not dissimilar to what you had today.

Here's an easy little puzzle for you.  It's an old proverb.
#5 #6 #3 #4

Please change the last letter of the last picture & pretend it's all on one line.

Leave you with this  ;D

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #8379 on: August 20, 2022, 09:08:50 AM »
Oh Pen, I'm vertically challenged too, and I agree that the sun visor problem is a real nuisance. Why can't they have an extra fold-down flap? Probably because most cars are designed by blokes.  :P

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: August 20, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: August 20, 2022, 05:44:17 PM »
Hi Pen,

I looked up Whitby and I envy Zoey.

With its picturesque port and stunning coastline, watched over by an ethereal ruined abbey, Whitby is the ideal English seaside town. Throw in the world's best fish and chips, and it's close to perfect...

We didn’t have a great start today.  I woke up to find the water heater had rusted through and it was issuing a stream of water.  We managed to get onto a plumber and he was able to isolate the unit without needing to turn off the water at the main.  So the good news is we can get drinking water and go to the toilet but showers are out until next Tuesday.

We decided to spend tomorrow night at Coorparoo.

Michelle and Pascal took Bonnie and Dusty out to a coastal nature reserve near Victoria Point this morning.  Their comment on the dogs was

Early morning bushwalk with these two.
Tongue out award to Bonnie this week
The grace, agility and response displayed by these two is awesome.

This is a bit more active

I’ve enjoyed a rest from devising rebuses but I suppose I had better start pulling my weight.
This is a 2018 novel that spawned a 2020 TV miniseries.

6(#4  #2)  6(#3  #3)

A couple of homophones to keep you on your toes. Conceptually one line.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: August 20, 2022, 11:38:36 PM »
Oh Pen, I'm vertically challenged too, and I agree that the sun visor problem is a real nuisance. Why can't they have an extra fold-down flap? Probably because most cars are designed by blokes.  :P

Bet you're right Rose :-R  Blokes who are probably all about 6 feet tall! I'm 5 foot nothing & sometimes it's a real nuisance.  Buying trousers is a nightmare.  The only place I can buy anything off the peg is Next.  Marks & Spencer petite are a bit too short & regular are about six inches too long :(  & I always get behind the tall person in the cinema/theatre.  Zoe & I went to see Chicago a while back.  I had a very tall lady with tall hair in front of me.  Had to crick my neck to see properly.

Sorry, that's enough moaning from me :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: August 21, 2022, 01:04:29 AM »

I looked up Whitby and I envy Zoey.

We didn’t have a great start today.  I woke up to find the water heater had rusted through and it was issuing a stream of water. 

Michelle and Pascal took Bonnie and Dusty out to a coastal nature reserve near Victoria Point this morning.

So do I Jack!!  It's about 18oc cooler there now than when Eve & visited last month!  Best of all she messaged me to say the drive only took about 4 hours which is nothing short of a miracle :o

That's a real bugger about your water heater :(  Thank goodness you were able to get a plumber quite quickly.  I hope you didn't have too much mess with the leaking water.

Smashing pictures of Bonnie & Dusty & the gorgeous scenery.  Loved the little snippet :)

Here's a quick rebus for you.

#4 #5 #4 #2 #5 8 (#4 + #4)

IN
You need the surname of the couple on the left in the first picture & the surname of the actress on the left in the fourth one.  Please change the third letter of the second & third pictures & lose the first letter of the last picture. Almost forgot please pretend it's all on one line ;D

I've probably used the last one before but I don't care as it tickles me :laugh:
Time to get the kettle on...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 01:06:39 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: August 21, 2022, 05:03:08 PM »
I hope you didn't have too much mess with the leaking water.

Hi Pen,

Greetings from Coorparoo.   We brought Dusty home just after lunch and are going to stay the night.   It was good to have a hot shower.

Luckily there was no mess from the heater.  The 500-litre tank is located outside the house on a concrete path, so the water just run down into a garden and lawn.

Quote from: Facebook today

Dusty goes home today til next time. Had a walk along the Esplanade this morning and with the tide out, Dusty could not resist a quick dig in the sand. No buried treasure was located though.

Dusty's Dig

I had better stop being antisocial and go talk to our hosts.

Regards, Jack