Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814181 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8340 on: August 07, 2022, 11:42:00 PM »
Pen, I think your attachment may be incorrect - I downloaded it and looked at the html file and it was simply text... :( :-R :P

Yes I know John.  I've no idea why it wont work :(
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: August 08, 2022, 09:38:11 PM »
Thanks for tryng anwyway Pen but it looks as though trip will have to be postponed as I had a bad fall on Wednesday evening (no alcohol involved) and have badly damaged my hip so Montmartre not looking feasible - we might re-book for Spring!!  Will not be posting much as it is taking a bit of an effort but I will be watching  you  :-P  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: August 08, 2022, 11:05:12 PM »
Oh Linda I'm so very sorry to hear that.  I bet that's bloody painful.  I know you sometimes get a bit fed up at work but that seems a bit of a drastic measure to avoid going >:D

I hope you soon improve & the pain eases off.

I shall feel your eyes in the back of my head :laugh:
Penx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: August 09, 2022, 12:09:00 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm having a busy & very noisy afternoon on Fracture Clinic.  My few days away seem like a distant memory now :( 

Here's a nice simple rebus for you.  It's a TV series which originally began back in the 1970's & has recently been resuscitated.

#3 #3 #4

Please use the first name of the singer & reverse the monkey's skin colour.  Please change the first letter of the last picture.
Easy peasy squeezy lemon ;D

If you have pet insurance, does your insurance company provide you with a courtesy dog if yours is at the vet's?

Nearly home time

So sorry if I managed to confuse anybody.  The first name of the gent in picture one of my puzzle is George.  Please use the middle bit of his name.  Many apologies :-[
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 04:33:51 AM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: August 09, 2022, 04:41:23 AM »
Hi again Linda

I'm going to have one final attempt at posting that picture as it's annoying me :laugh:

Here goes nothing...

It's there but it's a bit distorted :(

Penx

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #8346 on: August 09, 2022, 06:49:16 AM »
 >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: August 09, 2022, 04:38:01 PM »
Hi Pen,
I liked your picture.  I noticed John had to lie down to get a better view of it.

One of the guys I used to work with is on a motorbike tour of outback Australia with a bunch of rough mates and they are recording it on Facebook.  Here are a few photos that took my fancy.

To add to the confusion of your rebus, I thought the first word in his name was Sir. >:D :D

And I’ll leave you with

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: August 09, 2022, 07:06:18 PM »

I liked your picture.  I noticed John had to lie down to get a better view of it.

To add to the confusion of your rebus, I thought the first word in his name was Sir. >:D :D

Hi Jack

I loved your post - properly tickled me & cheered up my morning :laugh:  I was laughing so much that I got some very odd looks ;D  It's the little things in life :)

I was going to use this for my rebus but thought it was too bleedin' obvious ;D

I tried to be a clever dick & shot myself in the foot :laugh:

That's all from me for now.  If I can come up with a rebus I'll pop back later on :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: August 09, 2022, 09:41:11 PM »
Hi Pen what fantastic photos. Might get to see in real life one day.  Am in  a fair bit of pain and will be out of action for heaven knows how long.  Good excuse just to sit and watch our favourite detectives all day, not that I've ever needed an excuse to do that!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: August 09, 2022, 10:31:54 PM »
Might get to see in real life one day.  Am in  a fair bit of pain and will be out of action for heaven knows how long.  Good excuse just to sit and watch our favourite detectives all day, not that I've ever needed an excuse to do that!  >:D

You will definitely get to see it Linda. Hopefully in the Spring :)  It's still early days yet & it's going to take time for you to heal.  Meanwhile you can overdose on Inspectors Barnaby & Chief Superintendent Foyle.  For something different try Murder in Provence.  It has Chief Inspector Thursday from Endeavour as a French magistrate.  Also, if you haven't seen them catch the new McDonald & Dodds. They should both be on ITV catch up.  Are you allowed a glass of chilled white wine?  or have pain killers put paid to that? :(

Please don't worry about replying if it's too much hassle ;)
Penx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: August 10, 2022, 12:58:04 AM »
Here I am again Jack.  Just waiting for the fun to start on Fracture clinic.

I've got a nice simple puzzle for you today.  It's a film starring one of my favourite actors who shares your name.

10 (#5 + #5)

#4 #5

One of my neighbours, Paul, was browsing round Tesco's supermarket last night & he came across a new brand of condoms called "Olympic".   He thought he'd get into the spirit of things & bought a packet.  When he got home he ran indoors singing the Olympic theme song & proudly showed them to his wife, Brenda.
"Olympic condoms?" she exclaimed "What makes them so special?  Are we only going to use them once every four years?!"
Laughing Paul said "No no!  See there are three colours, Gold, Silver & Bronze!"
"What colour are you going to wear tonight?" asked Brenda cheekily.
"Gold of course!" said Paul proudly "what else?"
"Well" she said "why don't you wear silver?"...
"It would be nice if you came second for a change!"

Life can be so confusing. It was only after purchasing a dolphin made of glass that I had any clarity of porpoise!

Nearly home time :)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 01:13:54 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: August 10, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
Hi Pen,

My Rebus is a novel – one in a series of novels about the illegitimate sons of English royalty.

3  9(#3  #3  #3)  #4

The  

Only 2 homophones. Conceptionally one line.
Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: August 10, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »
Hi Jack

Have to say the answer to your rebus does not seem  like your kind of reading

Carol >:D >:D ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: August 10, 2022, 03:30:03 PM »
Hi Carol,

Spot on.  I thought the word would make a good rebus and googled to see what novels had it in the title.

I am currently binging on Ruth Downie's Gaius Petreius Ruso series.  I am up to book 6.  They are pretty lightweight but are easy and entertaining to read.
Regards, Jack