Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 823223 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8160 on: June 08, 2022, 11:58:07 PM »

I have just remembered I've got some corned beef at home so might conjour up a corned beef and mustard/pickle sarnie tomorrow.

Constant clip clopping outside the office .... 

Not looking forward to my walk home!!  >:D

Or you could go mad Linda & have corned beef hash for tea tonight :-H  double yum!

I feel like I'm living your nightmare  :(   I keep looking up expecting to look up & see horses going past my waiting room window!

Please take care going home.
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: June 09, 2022, 12:13:58 AM »
I'm making enough of a hash at work today without making another when I get home, Pen!! 

Less than two hours before the fight through the crowds, horses, police.  I will run like the wind - haha, as if, anyway it's practically all uphill!  :(

I will treat myself to a pasty for tea and probably a glass or two of dry white while I watch Sewing Bee.  Don't know why I watch Sewing Bee as my sewing skills are practically non-existent and it was my most dreaded class at school.  Still, we can't be good at everything (just something would be nice though!!)  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:00 AM »

Less than two hours before the fight through the crowds, horses, police.  I will run like the wind - haha, as if, anyway it's practically all uphill!  :(

Don't know why I watch Sewing Bee as my sewing skills are practically non-existent and it was my most dreaded class at school.  Still, we can't be good at everything (just something would be nice though!!)  >:D

Hope you're safely home Linda & enjoying a nice drop of chilled wine.  I would pay good money to see you sprinting through the hordes >:D :laugh:

We're so alike it's scary!  My sewing skills are on a par with yours.  I can just about sew a button on & take up a hem if forced.  The end result does look like an incompetent toddler has been let loose with a needle & thread :-R 

I'm shattered.  It's been a hectic week & I'm relieved there's only one more day left.  I feel like one of those acts on the old variety shows trying to keep all the plates spinning :laugh:

Enjoy your lovely peaceful break  :)

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: June 09, 2022, 07:09:10 AM »
Hi Pen,

I tried sending a sleepy post last night on my iPad and lost it.  So here is a quick pre-breakfast (hopefully pre-bedtime for you) rebus.

It is a statement that I hope is true in a British accent.

6(#3 #3) #6   #4  #5

with  

Conceptually one line.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: June 09, 2022, 05:47:54 PM »
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: June 09, 2022, 06:23:01 PM »
Hi Pen

As you can see, I survived the walk home - I legged it uphill as fast as I could - didn't break into a run though! 

Watched Sewing Bee with a glass of dry white and marvelled at how anyone can actually make garments that people would want to wear!!  I'm chuffed to bits if I sew a button on and it holds for more than a day or two!

Lazy few days for me now and the doors are firmly locked!  Have a stress free day.   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: June 09, 2022, 06:38:30 PM »

Lazy few days for me now and the doors are firmly locked!  Have a stress free day.   >:D

Hi Linda

I'm green with envy :laugh:  Just got to get through the next eight hours then I'm out of here til Monday.  Trent Bridge to watch cricket for me tomorrow which I'm sure wouldn't set your world on fire  >:D

I've only been here two hours & my stress levels are already rising fast :cry:

Spare a thought for the workers!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: June 09, 2022, 08:51:48 PM »

I tried sending a sleepy post last night on my iPad and lost it.  So here is a quick pre-breakfast (hopefully pre-bedtime for you) rebus.

Hi Jack

I did see your post on my phone last night just as I was fighting to keep my eyes open! 

I've just had another look at your rebus & I have to say it really is one of the best ones you've done.  Very clever & a bit devious :)  Took me four attempts to get it & it suddenly hit me.

I can't match your ingenuity!  My easy rebus is a film from the 1970's

1 9 (#5 + #4) 6

A
Please change the first letter of the second picture.  Surname of gent in picture three.  If you have no idea who he is then here's an additional clue.

Model of vehicle.  Please lose the last letter & add an extra letter at the front!
Do you ever wish you hadn't started something :laugh:

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed - I've been dipping in & out!  Nearly lunchtime :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: June 09, 2022, 10:25:53 PM »
 Hi Pen,

I did better than bread and dripping tonight.  Andrew cooked cannelloni and we washed it down with Sangiovese.It was great.

One of Blue’s favourite jokes is about a skunk.  It  really stinks.

Blue went into a shop to buy some books about turtles. "Hardbacks?" asked the shopkeeper."Yes,"Blue replied. "And they have little heads, too."

Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?" The birch says he cannot tell, but just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling.

The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree and replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch, It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever poked my pecker into."

Now wipe that smile off your face.

Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: June 09, 2022, 11:19:41 PM »
Trent Bridge to watch cricket for me tomorrow which I'm sure wouldn't set your world on fire  >:D

No, I'm afraid it wouldn't Pen but then I don't understand the game!  It always looks very pretty on Midsomer and Morse though!

Treated myself to a bacon and fried egg sarnie for lunch.  Very naughty, but nice!

Not long for you now.  Soldier on, mon ami!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: June 10, 2022, 12:54:44 AM »

Treated myself to a bacon and fried egg sarnie for lunch.  Very naughty, but nice!

Not long for you now.  Soldier on, mon ami!  >:D

Thanks for that :)  Made me smile & cheered me up in he midst of all the chaos & mayhem.

Can't remember when I last had a bacon & friend egg sarnie.  Very scrummy  :-H

I'm counting the seconds til I can go home - about 3,300.  I might get in the dug out & put my tin hat on soon >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: June 10, 2022, 01:27:13 AM »
friend egg

New one on me, Pen!!  Sounds a bit disturbing!  >:D

Enjoy the cricket, hope you get good weather.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: June 10, 2022, 04:35:58 AM »
New one on me, Pen!!  Sounds a bit disturbing!  >:D

Enjoy the cricket, hope you get good weather.

Whoops that sounds very weird Linda :-[  The moral (again!) is read your post before pressing the button Pen :-R

The forecast for Nottingham isn't too bad so fingers crossed.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: June 10, 2022, 07:23:01 AM »
Quote from: Well Fed & Very funny of Redlands

I did better than bread and dripping tonight.  Andrew cooked cannelloni and we washed it down with Sangiovese.It was great.

Now wipe that smile off your face.

Hi Jack
A quick post before I drop off. I'm shattered & going to drop off soon :-Y
I love cannelloni. Certainly beats bread & dripping >:D
You were right I did have have a big smile on my face :) You really tickled me!
Must be bright eyed & bushy tailed for my day out tomorrow!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:25:15 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: June 10, 2022, 10:22:18 PM »
Hi Pen ,

Blue was going to bed when Sheila told him that he'd left the light on in the shed. Blue opened the door to go turn off the light but saw there were people in the shed in the process of stealing things.

He immediately phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?" and Blue said, "No," and explained the situation. Then they explained that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be there when available.

Blue said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them all."

Then he hung up. Within five minutes three squad cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the policemen said to Blue, "I thought you said that you'd shot them

Blue said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

2 for 108 at lunch.  I’ll have a nap and check how they are going later

P.S. 4 FOR 316.  Maybe it was a mistake to opt to bowl.  Back to last half hour of snooze.  Hope you had a great day.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:56:01 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack