Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 823352 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8145 on: June 06, 2022, 04:20:49 PM »
1. My easy rebus today
2. This tickled me :laugh:  Don't know if it'll stick.
3. I'm off to Trent Bridge on Friday.

Hi Pen,
    1.   This proves the contention that the British are masters (or in your case should that be mistresses  :D) of irony.

2.   It stuck and I can see why it tickled you.  I hope I am as good a sport as Her Royal Highness should I ever reach 96.  I am a republican but it doesn’t stop me from being one of her most ardent fans.

3.   You know I’ll be rooting for the Blackcaps on Friday. You seem to be pessimistic about your chances even though you are one up.  Moreover, your champion, Joe, is in great form now he is not burdened by the captaincy.

I will match your easy rebus with an even simpler one - an idiom

#7  #2  #8

Picture 1. Past tense
Picture 2. Change the first letter
Picture 3. I is the answer. No, John, I didn’t mean am.
Homophones. Conceptually one line.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:22:42 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: June 06, 2022, 09:01:29 PM »
1.   This proves the contention that the British are masters (or in your case should that be mistresses  :D) of irony.

2.   It stuck and I can see why it tickled you.  I hope I am as good a sport as Her Royal Highness should I ever reach 96.  I am a republican but it doesn’t stop me from being one of her most ardent fans.

3.   You know I’ll be rooting for the Blackcaps on Friday. You seem to be pessimistic about your chances even though you are one up.  Moreover, your champion, Joe, is in great form now he is not burdened by the captaincy.

Hi Jack

1.  I wondered why I was feeling a bit rusty this morning >:D  I thought it was because it's my first day back after a week off :laugh:

2.  I think you're a great sport & I have no doubt you still will be when you get to 96 :)

3.  The bowlers & Joe Root won the test match. He is in great form at the moment & was a pleasure to watch.  The rest of the batsmen are, by and large, dreadful >:(

It's nearly lunchtime :-H  Hopefully I'll perk up a bit this afternoon :laugh:

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: June 06, 2022, 11:35:23 PM »
The bowlers & Joe Root won the test match.

More to the point, Pen, Rafa won his 14th French Open!! Vamos!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: June 06, 2022, 11:43:32 PM »
It's me again Jack

I just thought of a simple rebus which bests describes how I am this afternoon.

2 5 3 6

AND
Please lose the first letter of the first picture.  The second & third pictures relate to the second word & the fourth & fifth pictures relate to the fourth word.  Hope your Star Trek knowledge is up to date >:D  First name of character.

Roll on going home time :-C

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: June 06, 2022, 11:47:52 PM »
More to the point, Pen, Rafa won his 14th French Open!! Vamos!  >:D

That's funny Linda, as I thought of you when I heard that he'd won  :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: June 07, 2022, 12:12:49 AM »
I was definitely chuffed from Cumbria, Pen!!  What an achievement and what a man!

Back to the mundane - chicken, new potatoes and spring greens for tea.  Two days in work and then off until next Tuesday.  Hubby going to Bristol for a few days so I will have plenty of me time to do owt or nowt!  Perhaps binge watch Foyle and Midsomer.  Bliss!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: June 07, 2022, 04:32:22 AM »
He is definitely amazing Linda!  My all time favourite is Bjorn Borg but he would be no match for Rafa I think.

Your tea sounds much better than mine!  I've just had a Sainsbury's ping curry.  It didn't set my world on fire but it did fill a hole :laugh:
That sounds heavenly to me.    Almost a whole week off work & simply please yourself - perfect! As much Inspectors Barnaby and Chief Superintendent Foyle as you like & some wine & treats to accompany your viewing pleasure >:D  Have you watched the new Midsomer yet?  I've got it recorded but am saving it.  Not sure what for - a rainy day maybe? :laugh: I enjoyed the programme before with all the different actors & locations :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:22:53 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: June 07, 2022, 09:01:15 PM »
G'day Jack

I'm having a busy morning - this is the first time I've stopped to draw breath :laugh:  Hoping to have a nice gentle cruise downhill into lunch!  Not much chance but you never know!

I had funny thought this morning that I could turn into a small puzzle.  If you didn't get my last rebus without too much difficulty...
1'2 3 2 3

First picture is a homophone.  You need the surname of the petrol head in picture three & lose the middle letter & change the first letter of the last picture.
It's a phrase I love & use a lot ;D

The last one's for Linda  :laugh:

I have a corned beef & tomato sarnie which is calling me :-H
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 09:07:19 PM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: June 07, 2022, 10:23:06 PM »
Have you watched the new Midsomer yet?

I watched one a couple of weeks ago featuring scarecrows - not great I didn't think.  Still, I've got plenty more to plough through while sipping (gulping) down a glass or two of dry white!

Glad to be off after tomorrow as our annual invasion has begun two days early and the town is already knee deep in horses and ineffectual police!!  I will be voluntarily confined to barracks until next Monday!  >:D

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: June 07, 2022, 11:28:54 PM »
On a  visit to Sedbergh last week we realised the visitors were early this year. Our usual parking spot has been cordoned off in previous years but this year has obviously been declared open house as they have even been provided with a portaloo.I hear that one horse has been killed on the roads already. You are wise to hibernate I think!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: June 08, 2022, 12:02:16 AM »
I watched one a couple of weeks ago featuring scarecrows - not great I didn't think.  Still, I've got plenty more to plough through while sipping (gulping) down a glass or two of dry white!

Glad to be off after tomorrow as our annual invasion has begun two days early and the town is already knee deep in horses and ineffectual police!!  I will be voluntarily confined to barracks until next Monday!  >:D

I bet that was the new one Linda - oh dear doesn't sound very promising :(  Oh well I'll watch it at the weekend anyway.

How long does the invasion last? Just make sure when you go home later you have a plentiful supply of wine - you don't want to be running short >:D  Perish the thought :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: June 08, 2022, 09:21:12 PM »
Just make sure when you go home later you have a plentiful supply of wine

Always!!

The 'visitors' have arrived earlier than usual and will be hanging around until Monday.  Two horses have already been killed, shops vandalised and utter chaos is beginning to unfold.  I snuck to the sandwich shop before work thinking I'd beat the queues but was confronted by a dozen or more 'visitors' waiting to buy their sausage and bacon rolls for breakfast.  Quickly retreated to the butchers to get a cheese savoury roll for lunch - yum!! 

My hatches will be firmly battened once I fight my way back home this evening!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: June 08, 2022, 10:26:53 PM »
Two horses have already been killed, shops vandalised and utter chaos is beginning to unfold.  I snuck to the sandwich shop before work thinking I'd beat the queues but was confronted by a dozen or more 'visitors' waiting to buy their sausage and bacon rolls for breakfast.  Quickly retreated to the butchers to get a cheese savoury roll for lunch - yum!! 

My hatches will be firmly battened once I fight my way back home this evening!  >:D

Oh Linda it sounds like an awful bloody nightmare >:(  Don't know why the Police don't take control of the situation.  After you've battened down your hatches I'd pull up the drawbridge if I were you >:D

Your cheese savoury roll sounds delish.  It was a corned beef & pickle sarnie for me.  I bought a packet of corned beef in Sainsburys last week & didn't realise there were six slices in it  I'm having it three days in a row.  Not that it's any hardship :laugh:

I really hope you don't have too much of a fight to get home later.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: June 08, 2022, 10:33:15 PM »
Don't know why the Police don't take control of the situation. 

Presactly!!  Outnumbered and outwitted half the time!  Some of the policewomen look about 16, five foot nothing and 7 stone - hardly an imposing presence! 

Just had sandwich - not as good as the one from the local bakery but filling and edible!  I have just remembered I've got some corned beef at home so might conjour up a corned beef and mustard/pickle sarnie tomorrow.

Constant clip clopping outside the office .... 

Not looking forward to my walk home!!  >:D