Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 819346 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8115 on: May 26, 2022, 09:01:43 PM »
Well, here I am, Pen!!  Now that I only work two days a week, I seem to have less spare time!

Nowt much to report - tuna and onion sandwich for lunch, weather is overcast and breezy and I'm going to book club tonight for a glass or two of something chilled and delicious and to discuss books and play a few quizzes.  Have just read Anthony Horowitz's book 'The Magpie Murders' and really liked it - anyone who writes for Midsomer and Foyle has got to be good.

Hope all is well with you and that you are having something tasty for lunch.  Don't work too hard.  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: May 26, 2022, 10:36:19 PM »
Great to hear from you Linda ;) Very jealous of your two day week!!

I've no excitement to report although when I finish today I'm not back in until Monday, 6th June :)  I had a cheese & coleslaw sarnie for lunch & our weather sounds much the same as yours.  I've been watching a series called Queens of Mystery.  The first series was excellent but the second not quite so good.  They changed the lead actress :(

Have a smashing evening at the book club :)  Sounds like an enjoyable evening - especially the glass or two of something chilled >:D
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: May 27, 2022, 10:04:05 PM »
Hi Pen,

I’ve been busy as a squirrel in a nut factory getting jobs done so the place is spotless for when our visitor from Canberra arrives tomorrow.

We are on boy and dog sitting duty from 8 am over at Coorparoo tomorrow morning, so I am going to take a rain check tonight.  I’ll try to get a post in from over there.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: May 27, 2022, 11:59:56 PM »

I’ve been busy as a squirrel in a nut factory getting jobs done so the place is spotless for when our visitor from Canberra arrives tomorrow.

Hi Jack

That really tickled me :laugh:  Bet you're very much looking forward to your visitor :)

I thought I'd do a quick post between my chores - any excuse to stop working >:D  It's a beautiful day here & I've been up to see Barbs for a cuppa & walk :)

An easy puzzle for you.  An appropriate saying!  Olde English!

4 3 4 4 3 2 3

You're not interested in Mr Clooney - just what he is!  Please pretend it's all on one line.

Think I'd better get back to work! Leave you with this.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: May 28, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »
Hi Jack. We also had family arriving and had cleaned and tidied. We had a few days away to "mentally prepare" and the mould  arrived before we had returned. Cleaning round 2 !! At least this weekend is much drier so you should be fine. We've been in this house for 45 years and never had mould or in fact, squelchiness like we have at the moment. I reckon our lawn is floating on water/mud.
Enjoy your visitor.
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: May 28, 2022, 09:11:18 AM »
Hi Moyra,

I am sitting on the verandah at Coorparoo and I am beginning to believe the "perfect the next" slogan. This month I had lost faith.  Not that it is any better down in the Highlands and it is so much colder as well.  So no regrets.  We have been keeping the house open as much as possible and using the fans, so we have dodged the mould.  The lawn needs a lot more attention.

We are especially looking forward to competition from Ozzymandias in the 7-by-many.

Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #8121 on: May 28, 2022, 10:46:39 AM »
We are especially looking forward to competition from Ozzymandias in the 7-by-many.

So I should add Andrew back into the mix??? When should I expect him to join the 7beamers again???  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: May 28, 2022, 11:28:05 AM »
I should imagine that after a day of settling in, he will be active.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: May 28, 2022, 12:50:55 PM »
Hi Pen,

Instalment 1.

An idiom that suggests an argument would not hold water.

#4   #5   #4   1 #5  #6

Picture 3  The common word.
Picture 6.  An alternative to Picture 4.

Conceptually one line.   A Homophone. Indefinite article not pictured.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 01:29:47 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: May 29, 2022, 04:49:02 AM »
Hi Jack

My compliments on a smashing rebus :)  I had a quick look at it earlier on but couldn't get a grip on it at all.  Just returned to it & it suddenly fell into place :)  Mind you it probably didn't help that I originally thought picture five was beer :-R :laugh:

I've had a busy & enjoyable day with Zoe so a flying visit from me this evening.  I've got the second half of a bottle of Oyster Bay sauv blanc chilling in the fridge to enjoy with a film in a little while.  You'll notice that I've upgraded from my usual pink muck for a change >:D

See you tomorrow (later :laugh:)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: May 29, 2022, 05:31:18 PM »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: May 29, 2022, 05:54:46 PM »
My compliments on a smashing rebus :) 

You'll notice that I've upgraded from my usual pink muck for a change >:D

Hi Pen,

I was only trying to keep up with yours  :angel:

I noticed.

I have been busier than a bunny on Hump Day again.

I’ve got a roast beef with the trimmings to prepare for tonight’s dinner, so I am going to make a flying visit as well. 

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: May 29, 2022, 10:45:50 PM »

I have been busier than a bunny on Hump Day again.

I’ve got a roast beef with the trimmings to prepare for tonight’s dinner, so I am going to make a flying visit as well. 

Hi Jack

That tickled me more than the squirrel :laugh: 

It's about half an hour til lunch & your roast beef dinner is making me salivate :-H

I was a bit stumped trying to match your rebus so I'm going for an entry into the easy peasy category.  It's the film I watched last night with a glass of classy wine >:D

2 3 3 5 7

M
Please change the first letter of the second picture & the third letter of the last picture.  You're not interested in who the gent is in the fourth picture but what he was.  Please pretend it's all on one line.

I had to stop for a lunch break.  Cheese sarnie is no match for roast beef & all the trimmings.  I do have pork & leek bangers to look forward to later!

Going for a walk I'll leave you with this... ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 10:49:38 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: May 30, 2022, 09:27:10 PM »
Hi Pen,

I’ve been as busy as a cat in a mouse plague.

I just managed to get the front lawn mowed before the rain came and now I’m knackered.  I just have enough energy to tell you what happened  to Blue recently.

Blue entered a competition for the best toast at his local pub and this was his entry: "Here's to spending the rest of my life between the legs of me wife!"

And  with that he took home the top prize for the best toast of the night.

In bed later that night, he told Sheila, “I won the prize for the best toast of the night."

She said: " what was your toast?"

So he told her: "Here's to spending the rest of my life sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh," she said, "that is very nice, dear."

The next day, Sheila ran into one of Blue’s drinking partners in the street.

Mischievously, the man said: "Did you hear about your husband winnin" prize in the pub the other night for a toast about you?"

She replied: "Yes and I was a bit surprised. Till now, he's only been down there twice. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come."
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: May 31, 2022, 01:02:48 AM »

I’ve been as busy as a cat in a mouse plague.

Hi Jack

Keep 'em coming - brilliant ;)  Blue's escapade made me howl with laughter - a real cracker :laugh:

Barbs & I drove to a cafe this morning, left the car & went for a walk.  We'd just got back, went inside & ordered some lunch when the heavens opened.  Great big hailstones which then turned to rain :(  Five minutes later & we would have been soaked through to the skin!
I'm back home now & it's pouring with rain again.  Still I'm not complaining - it beats being at work :)

The worst pub I’ve ever been to was called The Fiddle. It really was a vile Inn.

A penguin goes into a pub.
At the bar, the peanuts say, “Nice tie Mr!”
In the toilets, the condom machine says, “You look stupid in that tie.”
So he complains to the barman. The barman says, “The peanuts are complimentary but the condom machine is out of order.”

I bumped into one of my neighbours earlier.  He said "It's funny how my wife waits for me in the kitchen all night till I come back from the pub just to ask me what time it is!"

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:05:28 AM by Hobbit »