Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 835263 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7425 on: January 01, 2022, 06:03:10 AM »
Hear, hear -
Second your thanks to Alan 🏆 and John 🏵
!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: January 01, 2022, 06:30:11 AM »
I'd like to third that :)

& a very Happy New Year to my surrogate "twin"  :-*
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: January 01, 2022, 08:15:34 AM »

Hi Pen and all our forum friends,

I’ve been a bit under the weather.  On Thursday we got a call to say our doctor’s surgery had some spare vaccine and would we like to get our booster?.  We jumped at the chance. I have not had really bad effects but enough to be annoying.  Thursday night I had eight hours of sleep and yesterday I was lethargic (more so than usual) and had some fluey aches and pains.  Last night I had very disturbed sleep.  We went to bed at the usual time but the neighbourhood was very noisy and Bonnie felt she had to join in with some sustained barking, particularly around midnight when there was a lot of yahooing.

This morning, apart from feeling tired, I am back to normal

Although 2020 and 2021 have been kind to my immediate family, they have been a trial for a lot of our forumites and I can only wish that 2022 will be a lot better even though it looks like getting a shaky start. 

A couple of special mentions.

Pen, you are a treasure.  At times when my motivation has flagged, your enthusiasm and excellent posts have spurred me on to try for more entertaining posts.  We have made it clear that our conversations, although addressed to each other, are mainly for the benefit of those forumites who find them entertaining.  It would be no surprise to forumites that we occasionally communicate privately on issues which would not be appropriate or wise to air on a public forum which people other than forumites have general access to.

Alan, apart from the enjoyment the chihuahua games give us, you have provided a forum for discussion which has resulted in a community of friends.  Your contributions on the language are of the highest order and I hope you will continue to provide your guidance for many years to come.

The late Les303,  I miss you.

Mkenuk,  I hope your absence is for technical reasons and I acknowledge the great contributions you have made to the forum.

RTT, Well done for picking up the baton on the 7bm thread.

A special thank you to the forumites who have contributed and provided feedback to the More or Les (was Bloody Plurals) thread.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7428 on: January 01, 2022, 09:35:12 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hear, hear to everything Jack said - Chi is a (sometimes infuriating) calm spot in an otherwise storm of events and the forum is a place to meet and create new friendships right around the world...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7429 on: January 01, 2022, 12:40:39 PM »
I'm happy to say that the forum requires very little input from me - all the entertainment and good fellowship comes from you forumites. And the friendly and courteous tone that's almost always evident is a marvel, considering how much nastiness there is online.

Happy new year to everyone!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #7430 on: January 01, 2022, 03:21:01 PM »
This is the only online forum in which I participate, because it is civilised, courteous, entertaining and informative.

I wish all participants a Happy New Year, with special thanks to Alan for providing the medium (and, of course, the puzzles and the moderating), and Jack, Pen and John for supplying much of the content. Long may it reign!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: January 01, 2022, 09:45:12 PM »
& a very Happy New Year to my surrogate "twin"

Could that be moi?!  >:D

All the very best for 2022 to all the lovely Chihuahans.  Wishing you health and happiness, love and laughter!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: January 02, 2022, 01:48:09 AM »
Could that be moi?!  >:D

Certainly is Linda :laugh:  Unless I have another twin that I know nothing about  :angel:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: January 02, 2022, 02:39:17 AM »
I’ve been a bit under the weather.
This morning, apart from feeling tired, I am back to normal

Pen, you are a treasure.   

A special thank you to the forumites who have contributed and provided feedback to the More or Les (was Bloody Plurals) thread.
[/font][/size]

Hi Jack

I'm so sorry to hear you've been under the weather but glad to hear you're almost back to normal. Hopefully you'll soon regain your equilibrium :)

A beautifully worded heartfelt post & I'll very happily accept your compliment!   You are equally a treasure.  You've always been thoughtful, helpful & encouraging.  Above all you've been very supportive when I've had a few difficult times.  Thank you  :-*

Zoe & I didn't sit up til midnight although we may as well have done as the fireworks were loud & went on until about 12.30.  Didn't hear a peep out of Lucki next door so they obviously didn't phase him too much :)

Here's a rebus which is a poem for New Year.
#4 8 (#3 + #5), #3 #3 #4?

, ?
Please change the first letters of pictures two & five.  Pictures four & six are homophones. Oh & please pretend it's all on one line.

I can't add much to what Jack's already said.  Just to wish everyone a very Happy & Healthy & much improved New Year.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: January 02, 2022, 03:14:22 AM »
Unless I have another twin that I know nothing about

There can't be three of us, Pen!! 

I stayed up until almost 2 a.m. New Year's Eve.  Felt I would be missing something if I went to bed before midnight, but I wasn't!  Started watching Four Weddings but gave in about 1.30 and went to bed to read my new (and here hubby was a star because I thought I had them all and he surprised me with this on Christmas Day) Anita Brookner book.

Just had a wee nap this afternoon to catch up on my beauty (!!??) sleep.  Happy New Year, young twin!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: January 02, 2022, 04:03:47 AM »
There can't be three of us, Pen!! 

Just had a wee nap this afternoon to catch up on my beauty (!!??) sleep.  Happy New Year, young twin!!  >:D
I think 2 of us is as much as the World can cope with Linda - more than enough!
I've just had a catnap!

I hope you awarded hubby a gold star & several Brownie points :) 
I haven't seen an Anita Brookner book for ages - must investigate!

There was me thinking I was born a few minutes earlier >:D

M&S chow mein & spring rolls for tea :-H
Easy & simple - especially as Zoe's cooking!
Going to watch Love Actually later when she's gone home :) The woke brigade have called it stalkey & rapey :-R

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: January 02, 2022, 04:58:56 AM »
I'm not the most regular member of the forum team but I do enjoy the banter etc and thank the proper regulars for their wonderful flights of fantasy! I had a short time on a forum many years ago and was horrified at the bitchiness and bad humour, so seeing how civilized the Chi forum is has been a revelation.I therefore want to add my good wishes to all the Chi players but especially the Forumites for a happy and safe New Year.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: January 02, 2022, 07:43:22 AM »
Spoiler Alert(s)

Pen’s Earlier Rebus

Pen’s Latest Rebus

Pen, Both clever and great rebuses but in this latest one, Picture 1 came up on my iPad but was missing on my laptop.  For those having the same problem here is the same image from another source:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:45:14 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: January 02, 2022, 01:25:36 PM »
Hi Pen,

Blue just told me that his most important New Year’s resolution is that he is not going to gratuitously insult people as he used to do.  I thought this was a pity because these were some of his best
    *Did you ever stop to think.  It seems you forgot to start again.
    *I like you. You remind me of when I was young and incredibly stupid
    *If you had another brain exactly the same as you’ve got now, you would still be classified as a half-wit.
    *You don’t seem to be ale to laugh at yourself.  Luckily there is no end of volunteers to do the job for you.

I think Blue is going to carry through on his resolution to be nice.  He heard a knock on the door and when he opened it, finds a woman from the Jehovah’s Witnesses standing in the pouring rain.  Against previous practice, he feels sorry for her and invites her in.  “So what are you going to tell me about this Jehovah’s Witness business”.

The woman replies, “I don’t know, I never really expected to get this far.”

I found the answer to this rebus in a list of the 100 best books.

#2  #4  #2  2 3  #8

Definite article not pictured

Relatives coming; gotta do a MacArthur.

Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: January 02, 2022, 10:32:17 PM »
Going to watch Love Actually later when she's gone home :) The woke brigade have called it stalkey & rapey :-R

:-R  Really?!   :-R

Why, Hugh Grant is perfectly wholeso...... oh, hang on, maybe not!!  >:D

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the film.  We are watching Sherlock tonight, but no Sherlock compares to Jeremy Brett for me.  Will report back.