Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871042 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7365 on: December 20, 2021, 09:46:36 PM »
Bangers and Mash for dinner two nights ago.  Ploughman’s lunch Yesterday  Eye Filet roast for dinner.  Bread and Dripping today. :D

Hi Jack

Made me really hungry re-reading your post just now :-H  Apart from the bread & dripping :laugh:

Can't believe it's Monday again already :(    It's looking like the clinic's going to be busy this morning.

A nice easy rebus from me today.  It's a film from the 1940's.
#4 #2 9 (#4 #1 #4)

Roll on lunchtime  ;)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7366 on: December 21, 2021, 12:24:43 AM »
This is an album from the late seventies...

#4 2 #3 8 (#5 #4) 7 (#3 #4)

The order is important and notionally all on one line

The fourth word has a common last/first letter; the second last picture is US based - ignore the child

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:31:25 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: December 21, 2021, 07:04:38 AM »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: December 21, 2021, 07:22:01 PM »
Hi Pen,
I was sitting on the patio at 5 O’clock this morning drinking my coffee and I was imagining you wiping the ice off your windscreen to go to work.  It wouldn’t apply to me for two reasons.  First, I don’t have to go to work anymore.  Second, it was already 25oC. >:D

Blue gets the call from the ATO (Australian Taxation Office). The Shiny bum (Public Servant) on the phone says, “Jenkins here, we’ve noticed large sums of money coming in into your account and we need to know why this isn’t declared as income. Come in tomorrow and we’ll have a chat about this.”

Blue thinks for a while and then decides he better get his lawyer to come with him.

The next day, Blue and his lawyer show up to the ATO and Jenkins says,” We’ve noticed these large sums of money entering your account. Can you explain this?”

Blue replies, ”Well, I will bet on pretty much anything. Like this! I bet you $100 I can bite my own eye.”

Jenkins takes the bet, and Blue takes out his glass eye and bites it. He then says,” Wait. I’ll give you a chance to earn your money back, and more! I bet you $200 I can bite my other eye.”

Jenkins thinks a minute and realizing Blue isn’t blind, takes the bet. Blue takes out his false teeth and bites his other eye.

He then says,” alright last chance. I bet you $500 I can stand on this side of your office and piss into that wastebasket on the opposite side without getting a drop anywhere in between.”

Jenkins thinks real hard but decides it’s impossible so takes the bet. Blue unzips his pants and pisses all over Jenkin's desk.

Jenkins jumps up and down and says, “haha! I got you now!” and Blue gives him $500.

But Blue’s lawyer goes pale in the face, sinks his head in his hands and says,” He bet me $1000 on the way over here that he could piss all over your desk and you’d just love it!

There’s a casserole on the table so I’ll have to give the rebus a miss.

I’ll leave you with this:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:24:26 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: December 22, 2021, 02:04:11 AM »
I was sitting on the patio at 5 O’clock this morning drinking my coffee and I was imagining you wiping the ice off your windscreen to go to work.  It wouldn’t apply to me for two reasons.  First, I don’t have to go to work anymore.  Second, it was already 25oC. >:D

There’s a casserole on the table so I’ll have to give the rebus a miss.

Hi Jack

It sounds like you were feeling a little smug this morning :laugh:  Fortunately I didn't have to scrape the ice off my windscreen this morning as it was a tropical 4oc!  Come Christmas Day you can be even more smug when you're enjoying the warm sunshine - we've got rain forecast all day!

I think Blue more than made up for the absence of a rebus >:D  :laugh:

I have what I think should be a fairly easy rebus.  It's a novel published in the 1960's & a film was made a few years later.
#3 #6 #10'1 #5

THE'S
You're not interested in who the lady is in the first picture but what she is!  You can substitute the last picture for this
again it doesn't matter who it is!

A penguin goes into a pub.
At the bar, the peanuts say, “Nice tie Mr!”
In the toilets, the condom machine says, “You look stupid in that tie.”
So he complains to the barman. The barman says, “The peanuts are complimentary but the condom machine is out of order.”

Roll on going home time ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:06:00 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: December 22, 2021, 07:32:46 PM »
Hi Pen,

It’s been a very busy day.  Took Andrew to get his COVID Test which was one of the conditions of gaining entry to Queensland from  a hotspot; mowed and edged the front lawn in 30oc heat, finished the last of our Christmas shopping and had the Coorparoo mob visit this afternoon..

Blue attends his first baseball game and after a base hit he hears the fans roaring, "run....run!"

The next batter connects heavily with the ball and Blue stands up and roars with the crowd in his Aussie accent: “Run ya bastard, run!”

A third batter slams a hit and again the Scotsman, obviously pleased with his knowledge of the game, screams, “Run ya bastard, run! “

The next batter held his swing at three and two and as the umpire calls a walk Blue stands up
yelling, “Run ya bastard, run!”

All the surrounding fans giggle quietly and Blue sits down confused.

A friendly fan, sensing his embarrassment, whispers, “He doesn't have to run, he's got four balls”.

After this explanation, Blue stands up and screams, “Walk with pride. mate!”

I guess I’ll be sacked if I don’t do a rebus.  I’ll do the spoiler alerts tomorrow.

A 1958 movie about a lovable Aussie kid.
#6  #4   1  #3
Indefinite article not pictured
Picture 2.  Second Syllable

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 06:11:42 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: December 23, 2021, 06:37:37 AM »
It’s been a very busy day.  Took Andrew to get his COVID Test which was one of the conditions of gaining entry to Queenlsand from  a hotspot; Mowed and edged the front lawn in 30oc heat, finished the last of our Christmas shopping and had the Coorparoo mob visit this afternoon..

Hi Jack

Busy day for me too!  I had a day off & had a bite to eat with a friend.  I did the last of my Christmas shopping as well & a ran a few errands & did a few chores so it feels like the day ran away with me.  Just a flying visit from me this evening. 

It tickles me the extremes in our different weathers :)  We had a hard frost this morning & I was very grateful I didn't have to go out at silly 'o clock & scrape the car for work this morning ;D  The forecast for tomorrow morning is cold, grey & dreary but no frost thank goodness!

I'm going to give the little grey cell a quick work out then slump in my comfy chair for a little while before
#1 #5 #3 #6 #3 #5
THE

Leave you with a silly simple puzzle :-Y

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: December 23, 2021, 07:26:45 AM »
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Glossologian
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: December 23, 2021, 12:42:11 PM »
Hello all,

I’m on holiday, yippee!

So I have time for a slightly peculiar rebus, because I rarely get the musical ones…

Perhaps the best UK post punk band? One of my favourites anyway.
💊 or maybe💉 (3,4)
Two of their more commercial numbers:
❤️ 🐈🐈‍⬛ (3,4,4)
TUESDAY  in  FRIDAY  (2,7,4)

Articles not pictured. The second song is one of those positional things.

🎶 🤠

Maudland

• Glossologian
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: December 23, 2021, 12:56:34 PM »
Two more songs of theirs:
🌲🌳🌲🌳
🌳🌲🌳🌲 (1,6)

🐛 (3,11)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: December 23, 2021, 05:24:22 PM »
Hi Pen,

It should be a bit quieter today.   We’ve collected our Chrissy order from the butcher.  Although we are relatively new customers, they gave us a gift of a good bottle of prosecco and a dozen eggs as a Christmas present.  Given the customer service and the quality of the meat, why would we go anywhere else?

Bonnie says your climate looks like more fun than ours

Sheila was doing some window shopping and she saw a dress that she thought she must have.  She went in and asked the salesman, “May I try on that dress in the window, please”
Certainly not, madam”, replied the salesman, “you’ll have to use the fitting room like everyone else”.

When they were first married, Blue and Sheila were always broke. 

On Christmas Eve, Blue thought it would be nice to buy Sheila a little gift for the next day. He thought long and hard about what that present might be.  Unable to decide, Blue entered David Jones and in the cosmetics section, he asked the girl, 'How about some perfume?' 

She showed him a bottle costing $75. 'Too expensive,' muttered Blue. The young lady returned with a smaller bottle for $50.  'Oh dear,' Blue groused, 'still far too much.' Growing rather annoyed at Blue's meanness, the salesgirl brought out a tiny $10 bottle and offered it to him. Blue became really agitated, 'What I mean', he explained, 'is I'd like to see something really cheap.' So, the salesgirl handed him a mirror.

I’ll see your cockney idiom and give you one of Blue’s favourite  descriptions for what he says I’ve got
1  #3  #9  #5 2 3 #3  7(#3   #4)
Conceptionally one line.
Definite and indefinite article not pictured
Picture 1.  First Syllable
Picture 4.  Sounds like what an Aussie would call her
Picture 5.  The second word singular
Picture 6.  Second word

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: December 23, 2021, 05:29:41 PM »
Hi Madeleine,

A good rebus. I'll do the spoiler alerts tomorrow.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: December 23, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »
I’m on holiday, yippee!

That's great Madeleine :-)  I'm off for five days after today & don't return to work until next Wednesday - bank holidays fell just right for me this year :)  Still wrestling with your rebus! (& Jack's :laugh:)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: December 23, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »
I'm on holiday until 4 Jan!  Smug!!

The post punk band rebus:  Surely one of my favourites too.  Not so sure though because they sang one of the best songs ever (in my opinion) and I can't seem to get it from the clues.  Answers please!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: December 23, 2021, 09:39:45 PM »
It should be a bit quieter today.   We’ve collected our Chrissy order from the butcher.  Although we are relatively new customers, they gave us a gift of a good bottle of prosecco and a dozen eggs as a Christmas present.  Given the customer service and the quality of the meat, why would we go anywhere else?

Bonnie says your climate looks like more fun than ours

Hi Jack

A great post - loved it :-* I'm hoping for a quiet day - fingers crossed.  Your butcher sounds brilliant :)  You can't beat a decent butcher.  I get most of my meat from the supermarket - it's OK but that's about all you can say!

Tell Bonnie it can be a lot of fun - if you don't have to drive :laugh:  Thankfully we don't often get snow in that sort of quantity but I'm sure Bonnie would love it.  She'd probably need a winter jacket!

I'm still trying to solve both yours & Madeleine's rebuses.  Meanwhile, my rebus is a poem published in the 19th century.  Although I'm not a lover of Christmas, as you know, I do think this is a great poem.

#1 #5 #4 #2 #8

A
Please swap the middle 2 letters of picture two.  You're looking for the first name of the actor on the left.

Die Hard is the greatest Christmas film ever...
Hans down!

Why is the government like ancient Bethlehem?
It takes a miracle to find three wise men there.

I'm going back to have another tussle with the rebuses :) Leave you with a couple of very naff jokes & this...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:41:25 PM by Hobbit »