Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814628 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7245 on: November 30, 2021, 01:23:11 AM »
Well if we have much more snow you can get some skis & be at work in about two minutes flat  :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: November 30, 2021, 02:47:26 AM »
I'm back Jack

I've got simple rebus that started life as a play & was made into a film in the 1960's. 

#3 #4 #2 #6

THE

It's a say what you see puzzle. The first & last pictures represent one word.

The second one's for Linda >:D

Nearly home time hurrah! - in dire need of a cuppa ;D

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: November 30, 2021, 06:01:32 AM »
Penny. Can I recommend a relocation to Cumbria as I too have only a 5 minute walk to work here in Kendal! Indeed it was a major factor in our decision to move from our Yorkshire connurbation. Gone are the days of scraping, finding parking spaces and fighting to get onto the motorway. Bliss!! (sorry Penny I may be rubbing it in a bit too much!)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: November 30, 2021, 06:33:48 AM »
(sorry Penny I may be rubbing it in a bit too much!)

Only a little bit Christine :laugh:  I love your part of the world & am very envious of Linda & yourself.  I can't think of anything better than relocating to Cumbria. There are a few bits of Derbyshire & Yorkshire that would probably give it a run for it's money! I imagine the only drawback is the hordes of tourists.  I certainly wouldn't miss the scraping & knowing that if I don't get to work by about 7.45 I'll be lucky to get a parking space & I certainly wouldn't miss Milton Keynes very much.  However, I would miss my wonderful daughter more than I can say & I'd also miss my very good friends.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: November 30, 2021, 07:14:09 AM »
Kendal is not too touristy really. Still more a working town and that is why we were happy to relocate here. Keswick for instance would always be a no no for us. The same applied when I lived in Yorkshire. Otley is a nice work a day market town whereas nearby Ilkley is touristy and upmarket. I know my place!! Family is important Penny and you are clearly very close to  to your  daughter so I don't blame you for staying put!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: November 30, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »
I love Kendal Christine - it's a lovely friendly town.. Zoe has a friend who runs a B&B there.  Would love to re-visit. I can get to Oxenholme on a direct train from MK in about 3 hours.
You're spot on - family is very important🙂
Need my beauty sleep & think about another busy day at MK hospital :-Y

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: November 30, 2021, 11:30:43 AM »
Hi Pen,

I got my ultrasound and blood test results back this morning.  Going teetotal for a fortnight did the trick.  My doctor was impressed that the blood tests showed my liver results were only half as bad as they were three weeks ago.  The bad news is that I committed to three alcohol-free days a week and to be retested in three months.

Hi Jack,
That sounds like a good result - well done you! At least it’s only every other day - a breeze after a teetotal fortnight! Really pleased to hear this.
Madeleine x

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: November 30, 2021, 09:36:57 PM »
G'day Jack

Greetings from a somewhat warmer Milton Keynes!  I jumped in my car & drove straight off this morning -  no fannying around :laugh:  Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to last!

Today is
#2 #7 #3

First picture represents the first two words :)

What do you call a man from Glasgow who lost his dog...?
Douglas.

What's the difference between a lawn mower and a set of bagpipes...?
You can tune a lawn mower.

I found this pictures by accident - how amazing & extraordinary!

Clinic's getting busy & noisy - only two hours til lunchtime ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: November 30, 2021, 10:42:25 PM »
Hi Pen,

It’s a bit wet here, 44 mm in the gauge this morning and I expect about the same tomorrow morning.  I expect it is a bit warmer than MK even though it got down to 22oC overnight.

I thought I had your latest rebus but when I looked it up I found the answer I had related to 6 December.  Back to the drawing board.  I do the spoiler alert to the previous one tomorrow.

My rebus is a 2006 novel by an indigenous Australian. It won an award.

11( #3   #3  #4  1)

a

Conceptually one line.

Picture 2.  You are only interested in mum.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: November 30, 2021, 11:28:48 PM »
It’s a bit wet here, 44 mm in the gauge this morning and I expect about the same tomorrow morning.  I expect it is a bit warmer than MK even though it got down to 22oC overnight.

I thought I had your latest rebus but when I looked it up I found the answer I had related to 6 December.  Back to the drawing board.  I do the spoiler alert to the previous one tomorrow.

It's considerably warmer than MK although we had 8oc this morning which was a vast improvement on -2oc yesterday!

I thought you'd find today's puzzle easy peasy.  I had hoped that the picture of the Golden Bear in front of the oldest golf club in the world would give it away :laugh:

Nearly lunchtime thank goodness :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: December 01, 2021, 07:13:05 PM »
Hi Pen,

I thought your rebus was a brilliant innovation.  I may have found it easier if I hadn’t become fixated on the man and the bridge (which as you will see in the spoiler alert) that I am familiar with.  Unfortunately, to my shame, I didn’t broaden my view even though I had noted the significance of the date to our family earlier in the day. Oh well, as the bard said, “You can’t win ‘em all

I had my first Gym session today and am thoughly knackered so this will be a short post.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: December 01, 2021, 10:20:35 PM »
I thought your rebus was a brilliant innovation.  I may have found it easier if I hadn’t become fixated on the man and the bridge (which as you will see in the spoiler alert) that I am familiar with.  Unfortunately, to my shame, I didn’t broaden my view even though I had noted the significance of the date to our family earlier in the day. Oh well, as the bard said, “You can’t win ‘em all

I had my first Gym session today and am thoughly knackered so this will be a short post.

Hi Jack

I fell foul of your clever rebus too :laugh:  I was convinced that a lady swan was a cob & rather than check it out I just kept trying to make the title of the book :-R  Numpty!  I love that picture of you on that bridge, presumably taken on your tour of Scotland a few years ago :)  Perhaps if I'd had a picture of number 1 son instead of Jack Nicklaus you might have twigged a bit quicker >:D

I suspect that today is going to be another very busy day so my post will probably be brief as well.  I have a day off tomorrow giving me a nice long weekend :)  My plan for tomorrow is to do a little light house work, a bit of shopping & lunch & a catch up with an old friend :)

I'm going to
Nearly lunchtime :-H :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: December 01, 2021, 10:54:38 PM »
Nobody should know the name for a female swan better than you, Pen.

The picture was taken in 2006 when I was a youthful 64.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: December 02, 2021, 02:33:28 AM »
Oh Jack

I really should have known that :-R

You're still a very youthful 64 & a half & don't let anybody tell you otherwise ;)

In the classified ads:
.  Sewing-machine mechanic to work in ladies' housecoats.  Good wages and working conditions.
.  Evening Chronicle: Wanted. Man to take care of cow that does not smoke or drink.
.  Dinner Special --- Turkey £4.35; Chicken or Beef £4.25; Children £2.00.
.  For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large.

Leave you with some silly bits ;D  Nearly home time :-)