Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814357 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #705 on: April 27, 2018, 09:46:50 AM »
Strangely wired brain, I suppose.

Welcome to the club.
Regards, Jack

gromit

• Neophyte
  • Wellington, NZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 27, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
I reckon breweries make the best commercials and I am considering running a contest to test opinions on which is the most amusing.

This isn't a beer ad but it's quite amusing (to me, anyway):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NfuniN0Sdg

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 27, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
Hi Ozzyjack
In my humble non-beer-drinking opinion, I do think this ad has to be one of the top contenders for entering your contest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wM2c3WtDjQ
Val
I'll sleep in my next life

Les303

« Reply #708 on: April 27, 2018, 05:54:06 PM »
Nice one Val,

Well Jack it seems that your funniest beer ad comp is up & running with Val submitting the first nomination.

Sometime last year I posted a xxxx ad that featured 4 well known Australian cricketers & challenged forum readers from around the world to identify " the actors " but I had no responses so the link below is to that ad which is my nomination for your competition & just as an aside can you name the 4 " actors " involved?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=allan+border+beer+ad&qpvt=allan+border+beer+ad&view=detail&mid=E72D133A6B225196834EE72D133A6B225196834E&&FORM=VRDGAR

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 27, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
Victoria Wood has been a firm favourite for many years and I was trying to post a suggestion for the Ballad of Barry and Freda when we had the forum problem the other day. My favourite line being "beat me on the bottom with my Woman's Weekly" !!!!! No reason (honestly!) just has me giggling every time!

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 27, 2018, 06:50:50 PM »
So many great lines from Victoria Wood.
'I spilled Pot Noodle on my favourite blouse one day,' she said, 'so I took it to the local dry-cleaners.
I didn't want them to know I was the sort of person who ate Pot Noodles,' she went on, 'so I told them it was snot!'

Very, very funny lady.

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 27, 2018, 10:38:44 PM »
One other funny lady that I've recently discovered goes under the delightful professional name of Philomena Cunk.
(Real name Diane Morgan, from near Bolton in Lancashire)
She is currently doing a series of spoof historical documentaries in the style of Lucy Worsley or Simon Scharma called Cunk on Britain.
Thanks to the marvels of technology, I can watch them in Thailand fairly soon after they have been shown in UK.

Sample: 'Queen Victoria died and was succeeded by King Edward, who, despite his name, was a real king and not a potato.'

I don't know how well this style of self-effacing UK humour will travel to other countries, but it would be interesting to know.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 27, 2018, 11:05:53 PM »

Have a look at Victoria Woods "Two Soups".  Julie Walters is brilliant & you can see Celia Imrie & Duncan Preston struggling not to laugh!  The ballad of Barry & Freda is very funny too.

Hi Pen, I found The Ballad of Barry and Freda and it is definitely on the short list but YouTube kept telling BBC had required them to block "two Soups" because of Copyright.  I'll keep looking for an alternative source,

In the meantime, something not nearly as good Paul Hogan at the Oscars

Catch ya later
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:04:50 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 27, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NfuniN0Sdg

Hi Gromit, There are two shortlists.  General Sketches and Beer Ads.  You've made the short list for the first one.

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 27, 2018, 11:33:33 PM »
In my humble non-beer-drinking opinion, I do think this ad has to be one of the top contenders for entering your contest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wM2c3WtDjQ

Hi Val, non-beer drinking opinions obviously come up with top results. Your contribution will be hard to beat. The Victoria Bitter TV ads 1968-1996 seem low budget in comparison.

Looking forward to more non=beer drinking opinions.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 28, 2018, 12:10:14 AM »
Sometime last year I posted a xxxx ad that featured 4 well known Australian cricketers & challenged forum readers from around the world to identify " the actors " but I had no responses so the link below is to that ad which is my nomination for your competition & just as an aside can you name the 4 " actors " involved?
Les's XXXX ad Nomination

You know I know bugger all about cricket, Les. Apart from A.B. and Thommo I am lost.  I bet you can tell me who in the I feel like a Tooheys Ad 1980 are.

I prefer the Toohey's New Guide dog Ad.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 28, 2018, 12:18:51 AM »
Victoria Wood has been a firm favourite for many years and I was trying to post a suggestion for the Ballad of Barry and Freda when we had the forum problem the other day. My favourite line being "beat me on the bottom with my Woman's Weekly" !!!!! No reason (honestly!) just has me giggling every time!

Thanks, Cmh.  Have a giggle again.  The Ballad of Barry and Freda .
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 28, 2018, 12:57:08 AM »
One other funny lady that I've recently discovered goes under the delightful professional name of Philomena Cunk.
She is currently doing a series of spoof historical documentaries in the style of Lucy Worsley or Simon Scharma called Cunk on Britain.
I don't know how well this style of self-effacing UK humour will travel to other countries, but it would be interesting to know.

Hi Mike,  I have included two examples, so people can answer your Question.  There were a number to chose from but I am two tired to look through them now , so have chosen two at random from their titles.

Philomena Cunk's Moments of Wonder - Climate Change
Philomena Cunk's Moments of Wonder - Winston Churchill
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 28, 2018, 04:22:09 AM »

It tickled me too Gromit :laugh:
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 28, 2018, 04:24:32 AM »

Definitely a top contender Val.  Brilliant!
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...