Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 822458 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #6946 on: October 01, 2021, 12:42:14 AM »

Hi Jack

Just a fleeting visit from me today.  Having a very busy day & have a headache :(  Can't wait to go home for a cuppa.

It's very noisy & busy.  Can't wait to go home for a cuppa!
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: October 01, 2021, 01:18:25 AM »
Hi Pen,

A cuppa mightn't do the job.  Break out the pink muck.

Blue told me that in Ancient Rome, there were 4 types of poisons. Poisons I, II, and III would all kill you with varying degrees of pain. However, Poison IV would just make you really itchy.

Blue’s mate Luigi claimed to be a celebrated Italian chef. But a thorough background check revealed he was an impasta.

My rebus is a popular TV series.

#5  2  8(#4  #4)

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: October 01, 2021, 04:29:29 AM »
A cuppa mightn't do the job.  Break out the pink muck.

My rebus is a popular TV series.

Sorely tempted Jack but I still have a headache & I'm not sure it would help :laugh:

One of my favourite TV programmes although I'm not quite so keen on the most recent lead.  I keep hoping he'll grow on me but it hasn't happened yet!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: October 01, 2021, 09:26:44 PM »
Hi Pen,

I am not sure if the pink muck would cure a headache but if you drank enough of it you would have a good reason for the one you woke up with the next morning. :)

Blue told me that Uranus wanted to change his name to Uranalysis but all the other planets thought he was just taking the piss.

Blue was pleased when his class evaluated him as a model teacher and a warm person. Until he realized “warm” can mean “not so hot,” and “model” can mean “like the real thing, only smaller.”

I listened to an old episode of Jeopardy this afternoon and the final question was “a special edition of this book was limited to 200 copies which were specially bound in Johns-Manville Quinterra, an asbestos material with exceptional resistance to pyrolysis.  My rebus is an equivalent to the name of the book.

(#4  1  #5)  n     where n is a decimal number

i 232.78
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 09:28:57 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: October 02, 2021, 01:55:36 AM »
I am not sure if the pink muck would cure a headache but if you drank enough of it you would have a good reason for the one you woke up with the next morning. :)

Hi Jack

Going to give it my best shot later >:D  I've had a busy day but not stressful like most of this week at work.  I've got an answer for your rebus but have no idea if I'm right or not :laugh:

My rebus is a film from the 1970's.  It's come out of a clue from the crossword we were trying to solve at lunchtime.

9 (#5 + #4) #3

Please lose the first & last letters of the third picture.
You could replace the first picture with this

A doctor answers his phone and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line.
‘We need a fourth for poker,’ said his friend.
‘I’ll be right over,’ whispered the doctor.
As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, ‘Is it serious?’
‘Oh yes, quite serious,’ said the doctor gravely. ‘In fact, there are three doctors there already!’

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:15 PM »
Hi Pen,

I told Blue that I could communicate with vegetables.  “Bullshit”, he said. Apparently, he hadn’t heard about Jack and the beanstalk.

June told me off for posting too many jokes. I guess you can say I'm a victim of pun intended consequences... 

My Rebus is a phrase that has people wondering as to its purpose and derivation.

#5   #2    #4   3  #5

the

Picture 2. American slang. Ditch the first letter.
Picture 3. Floor at the front.
Picture 4. Think classic horror movies
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: October 02, 2021, 11:56:37 PM »
June told me off for posting too many jokes. I guess you can say I'm a victim of pun intended consequences... 

Hi Jack

Greetings from a chilly & soaking wet Bletchley.  It's raining cats & dogs & stair rods & heaven only knows what else :laugh:

Apologies to June :laugh: -  I love your jokes & puns   :)

I enjoyed your rebus - it took a while for the penny to drop!  If you think about it it's a very odd expression.

I was a bit short of bright ideas today so my rebus is a telly programme that began in the 1970's & ran for many years.  I believe it used to be on Sunday tea time if my memory serves.

#3 #3 #3 #3 #3

Please pretend it's all on one line & change the last letters of pictures two & four.
Even though you may not have come across this programme I suspect you'll find this a bit easy peasy!

A woman was sure that her husband was cheating on her, and having an affair with the maid. So she laid down a trap.
One evening she suddenly sent the maid home for the weekend and didn't tell her husband.
That night when they went to bed, the husband gave the old story: Excuse me my dear, my stomach aches, and went to the bathroom.
The wife promptly went into the maid's bed. She switched the lights off. When he came in silently, he wasted no time or words but quickly got on top of her...
When he finished and was still panting, the wife said: "You didn't expect to find me in this bed, did you?" And then she switched on the light...
"No madam," said the gardener.

Leave you with a silly joke ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:01:17 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: October 03, 2021, 03:08:50 PM »
Hi Pen,

Greeting from a perfect Sunday in Brisbane.

Blue told me how much Sheila was missing him.  I told him how great that was.  He said he wasn’t so sure because she was out the back reloading.

Blue’s career in the air conditioning and heating business was short-lived.  He couldn’t get his ducts in a row.

Sheila tells me whenever she feels Blue, she starts breathing again

You’ll have to get Bach to me on that last one

I asked Blue what he wanted for Christmas.  My Rebus is his answer.

#4  #3   #3  #2

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: October 03, 2021, 09:58:28 PM »
Greeting from a perfect Sunday in Brisbane.

Hi Jack

Greetings from a much improved Bletch!  The downpour has finally stopped & the sun is doing it's best :)

As usual Blue really tickled me today :laugh:  Your rebus has me stumped for the moment!

My rebus is a book written in the 19th century.  Don't think it'll give you too much trouble!

#3 #4 #2 #3 #5

THETHE
By
#6 #5

Please change the first letter of the first picture & lose the first & last letter of the second picture.

I'm going to live life on the edge & peg my washing on the line :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: October 04, 2021, 05:44:07 PM »
Hi Pen,

Blue is now hiring Mother Superiors for his new corporate consulting enterprise.  It’s called Nun of your Business.

Blue went to this Eskimo restaurant and asked to see the menu. The waiter said, "We don't have many options, so I'll just call them out to you. We have whale meat steaks, whale meat curry, whale meat stir-fry and of course the Vera Lynn".  Blue asked, "What's the Vera Lynn?" The waiter sang "Whale meat again!"

Blue reported a hole in the nudist camp wall.  The police are looking into it.

Do you have a list of the movies you never want to see?  I haven’t, but if I did the subject of my rebus that was released about 13 years ago would be one of them.

#6  #2   #4   2    #3    #4

Conceptionally one line

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:47:21 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: October 04, 2021, 09:20:12 PM »
Do you have a list of the movies you never want to see?  I haven’t, but if I did the subject of my rebus that was released about 13 years ago would be one of them.

Hi Jack

Just searching for a bit of enthusiasm - sadly lacking this morning :-Y

My compliments on some cracking rebuses :)  Took me yonks to get yesterdays & I'm flummoxed with today's so far!

There are quite a few films I never want to see.  Possibly not for the same reason as other folks!  Among those I've never seen & never want to see are The Exorcist, Texas Chain Saw Massacre & this film which is a simple rebus.
#11 (#6 #4 #1)

I think you might get the idea  :laugh:

It's getting noisy & very busy so