Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 822776 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #6885 on: September 17, 2021, 12:06:20 AM »
We are expecting visitors, so I may not get time to post a rebus today.

Hi Jack

That sounds rather exciting - always lovely to have visitors :)  Unless it's a door to door salesman >:D

I've got a busy afternoon so I thought I'd do a quick post before I set about my chores.

For my rebus I'm back in Yorkshire.  I can't give much in the way of clues or I'll give it away.

#3 9 (#6 +#3) 7 (#2 + #5)

THE
Please lose the first letters of pictures two & three & the last letter of picture four. Surname of gent in last picture.

During mandatory safety training at work I was asked "What steps would you take in the event of a fire?"
"Really big ones" was apparently not the right answer!

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft it sank-proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

Better get some jobs done!

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: September 17, 2021, 06:25:20 AM »
Hi Pen,

Blues grandson,Nipper, was having a whinge.

Nipper: I feel you’re always making up rules and stuff.
Blue: Like what?
Nipper: Like if I don’t clean my room, a portal will take me to another dimension.
Blue: Well, that’s what happened to your older brother.
Nipper: What older brother
Blue: Exactly.

Staying with town names, let’s move to the dreaded Leicestershire.

6(#3  #3) 2 3 #5

The    

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:28:07 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: September 17, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
This may be my last rebus for a couple of weeks.
Although I  retired from full-time teaching some years ago, I have been asked to write and record some online lessons for Thai students who are still confined to their homes as a result of covid.
However, in the immortal words of either Arnold Schwarzenegger or Gen'l Douglas Macarthur - I shall return; I'll be back.

A 1997 film based on a 1994 book,

eight words - 8/2/3/6/2/4/3/4

The positioning of at least one of the pictures is significant

I've a feeling I may have used this one before - never mind.  It's a great film; I've not read the book

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 10:27:08 AM by mkenuk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: September 17, 2021, 10:36:54 PM »
This may be my last rebus for a couple of weeks.

I've a feeling I may have used this one before - never mind.  It's a great film; I've not read the book

You've left us with a corker Mike - I had to seek assistance from my partner in crime :laugh:  I don't remember you using it before but, unfortunately, that's no guarantee that you haven't >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: September 17, 2021, 11:09:41 PM »
Hi Jack

A very tricky & fiendish rebus - I went off half cocked for ages because I thought the last picture was spuds ;D  I needed a little assistance from Ms Google.

I'm moving right to the bottom of the country for my simple rebus.  It wont be as taxing as either yours or Mikes :laugh:

#5 #7'1 #5

'S
Please change the first letter of the gent in last picture.

Zoe & I are going out for a walk while the sun's out :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 11:11:39 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: September 18, 2021, 01:35:40 AM »
Hi Pen,

You must be getting fit with all this walking you are doing.

Blue put an ad in the Courier-Mail – Handyman for Hire.  So, I hired him and gave him a list. When I got home, only #1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 were done. His explanation was that he only does odd jobs.

Yesterday, he sent me a note.
I'm sure this will shock you, Jack, but thought I would let you know that I volunteered for the booster vaccine trials for Covid-19. The booster is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot yesterday at 4:00 pm, and I wanted you to know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

I hope Mike get’s his job done expeditiously because we will miss his contributions.  When you claim yours are simple it fills me with dread – they are always the hardest.  Like your last one -  Roger Vaughn’s Horse.  Only joking when I get around to doing the spoiler alert I think you will find I have twigged it.  But now I need some sleep.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: September 18, 2021, 04:29:10 AM »

You must be getting fit with all this walking you are doing.

I hope Mike get’s his job done expeditiously because we will miss his contributions.  When you claim yours are simple it fills me with dread – they are always the hardest.  Like your last one -  Roger Vaughn’s Horse.

You're a cheeky so & so Jack :laugh:  Though I think I like your answer better than the real one!  ​Your post really tickled me - especially Blue >:D I agree that we will miss Mike's contributions & expeditiously is a great word!

Sadly as far as my getting fit is concerned I think that ship's sailed :(  Still I have a bottle of pink plonk in the fridge with my name on it ;) That's exercise isn't it? lifting it out of the fridge, pouring it out & using my arm to raise the glass >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: September 18, 2021, 06:16:33 AM »
Hi Pen,

I’m awake enough to do the rebus now - a poem written by Friedrich Schiller and appropriated by my mate Beety in the fourth movement of one of his symphonies.
#3   #2   #3

Picture 1.  the customers situation - past tense - homophone
Picture 3.  Ditch the last two letters of the first name.

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: September 18, 2021, 09:48:48 PM »
Hi Pen,

Here's to getting plenty of exercise from the fridge. >:D

Blue at one time had a job as a shop assistant. Once he fought off a robber with his labelling gun. Police are now looking for a man with a price on his head.

Blue and Sheila used to take their annual holiday near the ocean and walked the beach a lot. One summer they noticed a girl who was at the beach almost every day. She wasn’t unusual, nor was the travel bag she carried, except for one thing, she would approach people who were sitting on the beach, glance around, then speak to them.
Generally, the people would respond negatively and she would wander off, but occasionally someone would nod and there would be a quick exchange of money for something she carried in her bag. Blue assumed she was selling drugs and debated calling the cops, but since they didn’t know for sure they just continued to watch her.

Sheila asked, “Blue, have you ever noticed that she only goes up to people with boom boxes and other electronic devices?”

He hadn’t and said so. Then she said, “Tomorrow I want you to get a towel and our big radio and go lie out on the beach. Then we can find out what she’s really doing.

Well, the plan went off without a hitch, and Sheila was almost hopping up and down with anticipation when she saw the girl talk to Blue and then leave.

Well, is she selling drugs?” Sheila asked excitedly when Blue came back.

No, she’s not,” he said, enjoying this probably more than he should have.

Well, what is it, then?” Sheila fairly shrieked.

Blue grinned and said. “She’s selling batteries.”

Batteries?” cried Sheila.

Yes,” he replied. “She sells C cells by the Seashore.”

My Rebus is a group of four violin concertos and their composer.

7(#3  #4):  #4    7(#3 #4)
:  

Conceptually One Line.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: September 18, 2021, 11:23:18 PM »
Hi Jack

You are definitely cooking on gas at the moment :laugh:  Another great post!

I've sussed both your previous rebus & the current one - feeling very smug ;D

I was a bit stumped for a rebus so Zoe has come up with this from a ballet...At the risk of filling you with dread I think you'll find this easy peasy >:D
#5 #2 #3 #5 #4 #5

THE

Please pretend it's all on one line & lose the last letter of the second picture.

'Pre' means before...
'Post' means after...
To use both prefixes together would be preposterous!

Kylie told me that Blue had been asked to visit the oil fields to try & lift the workers spirits.  She said he told her that he just can't be bothered with all that rigmorale!

Here's to getting plenty of exercise from the fridge. >:D
I'll be getting more exercise from the fridge later :angel:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 11:25:02 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: September 19, 2021, 11:21:07 PM »
Hi Jack

Greetings from a wet & dreary Bletchley.  Don't think I'll be getting much of a walk today :(

My rebus today is a play written at the beginning of the twentieth century.
9 (#3 + #4 +#4)

The third picture is the third largest city in France. I know the sums don't add up but you need to blend the second & third pictures into one another. Hope that makes sense.

To make it easier there was a film made in the 1960's.

#2 #4 #4

M
homophone of the character in the third picture & please change the third letter.

Kylie told me that her Aunt & Uncle have just returned from their holiday. "It sounds as if you had a great time in Sydney," said Kylie to her Aunt "But didn't you tell me you were planning to visit The Gold Coast?"
"Well," said Blue, "we changed our plans because, umm..."
Sheila cut in, "Oh, for heavens sake Blue just tell the truth!" He fell silent, and she continued,
"You know, it's just ridiculous. Blue simply will NOT ask for directions."

Leave you with a daft joke ;D
Back to work tomorrow.  It's going to be a bit tough when the alarm goes off before 6 in the morning :(

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: September 20, 2021, 01:54:49 AM »
Hi Pen,
I had a big day on household jobs yesterday and after a few “Old Peculier” restoratives went to bed exhausted.  Wouldn’t it be luverly if I had the energy I used to have.  Anyway, I just woke up and thought I ought to post a few items I had put aside earlier.  A rebus will have to wait for later.

Blue laughed at you making fun of him.  He is a good sport.  He told me he is writing a book about all the things he never got around to doing in his life including reading maps.  It’s an oughtobiography.

I told him I was going to post about the essential sauces of living well.
1) Ketchup on your daily sleep
2) Mustard the courage to try new things
3) Pickle your battles carefully
4) Pepper surprises here and there
5) Take the time to Chili out
6) Mayo read funny puns!

His comment, “I would relish that post”

Have you heard about this new virus?

I can’t keep my eyes open any longer.

Regards, Jack