Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 438989 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #6540 on: July 23, 2021, 09:28:31 PM »
Hi Pen,

I’m losing it.  June said I never had it. It took me a day to wake up why everybody was mentioning 2132. I know I will be pushing it to see the 2032 Olympics but I couldn’t see why young people were so pessimistic.  It took me a day to wake up that I had made a booboo.

While I was typing this, I spilled coffee on the keyboard. I dried it out and have got it working except it won’t type a “h” which means I have to use the screen keyboard which is dreadfully slow and it’s going to be an expensive cup of coffee.

I'll give the rebuses a miss tonight and try to do a spoiler alert in the morning.
Cheers, Jack

“You must place interest in principle above interest on principal. - Julian Bond

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: July 23, 2021, 10:40:16 PM »
A great film for your rebus yesterday. The term 'feelgood' movie doesn't do it justice.

Spot on Mike.  When you think about it John Thaw did many varied things during his career though I suspect he'll always be remembered as Morse.
I've got your rebus at the second visit  :) I spent quite a while trying to work out where the first picture was.  Numpty!!
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: July 23, 2021, 11:20:04 PM »
I’m losing it.  June said I never had it. It took me a day to wake up why everybody was mentioning 2132.

While I was typing this, I spilled coffee on the keyboard. I dried it out and have got it working except it won’t type a “h” which means I have to use the screen keyboard which is dreadfully slow and it’s going to be an expensive cup of coffee.

Hi Jack

You'd better tell June we've both lost it as I didn't notice either >:D  I'd never make a Police witness :laugh:

It's so annoying when you have a silly little accident & it causes havoc.  I hope you can sort your "h" out soon.  Of course you can always make sure you use words which don't include an "h" >:D

My got up & go has got up & left!  It's been a long hot week & I'm knacked.  My simple rebus is a film released in the year Zoe was born.

10 (#5 + #5) #5

Please lose the last letter of the first picture & the first letter of the last picture.

I need a small snooze :-Y
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:21:38 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Cheers, Jack

“You must place interest in principle above interest on principal. - Julian Bond

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: July 24, 2021, 08:53:24 AM »
In Gilbert and Sullivan's 'Pirates of Penzance', the boys in blue bemoan their fate and declare that 'When constabulary duty's to be done (to be done).......'

eight words - 1/10/3/2/3/1/5/3

picture 5 - refers to the picture in the picture!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:56:37 AM by mkenuk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: July 24, 2021, 01:31:39 PM »
Hi Pen,
My rebus today is a well-known British building that was a favourite with Aussie tourists when people travelled for leisure. No homophones, some homographs, one double-counted letter.

10(#4  #4  #3)   #6

Cheers, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: July 24, 2021, 11:00:12 PM »
Cheers, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: July 25, 2021, 01:04:50 AM »

a selection from an email I received

Hi Jack

Your selection really tickled me :laugh:

I've piggy backed on Mike's clever rebus.  My rebus is an opera by the same gents.

#1 #1 #1 8 (#3 #1 #4)

You're not interested in who the gents are in the first picture but what they are.  Then remove the second letter please.

Leave you with a small random daft selection ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:06:49 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Cheers, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: July 25, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
For today you need to find the full name of a 1982 Stephen King novella which later became (with a shortened title) a highly-rated film (1994) and stage-play (2009). Incredibly, the film - a great favourite of many, including me- didn't win any of the seven Oscars that it was nominated for.

six words, including an unpictured definite article - 4/8/3/3/9/10

picture 1 - You need her full name;
picture 5 - just one of them
picture 6 - the author's initials
picture 7 - work out what's in the pot and lose the second letter

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 03:25:31 PM by mkenuk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: July 25, 2021, 04:58:04 PM »
Hi Pen,

This rebus is a well-known quote from a comic novel published in 1932. It parodies the romanticised, sometimes doom-laden accounts of rural life popular at the time, by writers such as Mary Webb. It was made into a popular film in 1955.

#1  #3  9(#4. #5) #5  2  #3  #8

Conceptually one line but the picture order is deliberate.
Picture 6. What adjective comes to mind?

Cheers, Jack

2dognight

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: July 25, 2021, 06:48:44 PM »
Hi Jack

Loved your rebus one of my favourite books

Would love to know what the plant sukebind is

Carol

mkenuk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: July 25, 2021, 09:05:45 PM »
Brilliant, Jack.
I knew the answer almost at once but I couldn't quite work out why picture six was the word it was.

Wunderbar!
Alles klar!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: July 25, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
Hi Jack

A fleeting visit from me today before I have my lunch.  I have a hospital appointment this afternoon.  Is that something of a busman's holiday? :laugh:  I developed dermatitis a couple of months ago :(  It's mainly on the palm of my left hand & a little on the right. A bit strange as I'm right handed!  Never had it in my life before & I can't get rid of it.  Obviously can't see my GP but he did prescribe some cream over the 'phone.  In desperation I went to Occupational Health & they got me this appointment.  Eve thinks it's the detergent wipes we've been using since March last year & the hand gel which I've stopped using as it's far too painful.  I do try & wear gloves where I can.

I solved your clever rebus but I'm totally stumped by Mike's tricky puzzle!

As I'm short of time it's an easy little offering from me today.  It's a film from 1972,
#5 #2 6 (#3 + #3)

Please change the first letter of the first picture & use the middle 2 letters of the second.

I've just seen Mike's post & we are unanimous :laugh:

I've got an egg & tomato sarnie with my name on it :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: July 25, 2021, 09:47:18 PM »
Would love to know what the plant sukebind is

Hi Carol,

I found an article that purports to answer the question. I think I understood most of it but I would hate to take a test on it.

This is the article
Cheers, Jack