Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 823302 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5790 on: March 29, 2021, 07:16:29 PM »
Hi Pen,

Spoiler Alert – Pen’s Rebus

My rebus is an incident in Germany approximately 280 years later.  Thanks to Paula and Moyra for the inspiration.

3  #4  #4  #6

The first 3 words:
The

The fourth word is a homophone somewhere between
and

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: March 29, 2021, 07:25:17 PM »
Hi Moyra and Les,

Given the odds, I shouldn't have had the slightest worry.  10,000+ tests and only 2 or 3 positives.  It was still good to hear the result.

We don't expect the lockdown will cause us any concern.  The slow release of the vaccines is a worry.  We are eligible to get the jab now but we were a bit slow ringing up and if we rely on getting it from our GP it could be until late May until we get the jab.  We will keep an eye on progress and see if we can expedite that.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: March 30, 2021, 12:34:54 AM »
The slow release of the vaccines is a worry.  We are eligible to get the jab now but we were a bit slow ringing up and if we rely on getting it from our GP it could be until late May until we get the jab.  We will keep an eye on progress and see if we can expedite that.

Hi Jack

Back at work & feel like I've never been away!  Looking forward to a busy afternoon on fracture clinic.

I definitely think you should expedite your jabs if you possibly can.

A great rebus & I've solved most of it but struggling with the last word.  Trying not to consult Ms Google but may have to.  My rebus is an expression that tickles me & a colleague reminded me of it this morning.
#3 #3 #2 #7

You're not interested in the footballer but the nickname of the team he used to play for.

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: March 30, 2021, 07:12:22 AM »
Hi Pen,

Your rebus reminded me of another idiom concerning

8(#3  #3  1’1)  #3

a’s 

I’ve not come across an idiom with so many variations and each variation changed meaning over time.  It was a very English Puzzle and you didn’t spare the red herrings.  Well done.

I only used half of your hint and I was fascinated by your Royal Ascot picture.

Even though we are in lockdown we can take Bonnie out for her walk and she is getting impatient.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:24:40 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: March 30, 2021, 09:09:38 PM »
I only used half of your hint and I was fascinated by your Royal Ascot picture.

Hi Jack

If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous :laugh:  I read that three times before I got the pun :-R

Anyway, my morning delight is fracture clinic until 1pm.  I've been told that it's not going to be too busy this morning as they haven't got too many patients - famous last words?

An idiom popped into my head a little while ago & I though I'd give it a whirl. 

#1'2 #3 #4 #2 #2 #6

IN
Please lose the first letter of the first picture & remove one letter from the second picture.

My neighbour told me that her Dad's sister works in a Paris bakery & hates it...
she's a cross aunt!

I was going to make a joke about the Suez Canal...
but that ship's sailed!

The Irish Wedding At the wedding reception the photographer yelled, 'Would all the married men, please stand next to the one person who has made your life worth living.' The bartender was almost crushed to death.

Madly busy & very noisy now - can't hear myself think so

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: March 31, 2021, 07:10:08 AM »
Great Post, Pen

All were good but the well cartoon was a classic.

I liked the eccentricity of your rebus and it was kind of you to put a famous golf course in your pictures.  I am sure your puzzle wasn’t autobiographical. >:D

The subject of my rebus is something we try to avoid like the plague in our posts.

#2  #3  8(#5  #3)

Spoiler alerts to follow later when I get time.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: March 31, 2021, 07:16:01 PM »
Hi Pen,

It was a perfect morning for dog walking, 18oC, so much so that that we did an extra circuit of the park.

It has been all go since then.  I’ve mowed all the lawns and had another dog walk and at 6.30 we have a video hook-up in lieu of dog training which has been cancelled because of the lock-down.  Somehow we always seem to stuff these up and so I am waiting tensely

SPOILER ALERT -Pens latest  rebus

SPOILER ALERT -My latest  rebus

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: March 31, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »
Great Post, Pen

All were good but the well cartoon was a classic.

I liked the eccentricity of your rebus and it was kind of you to put a famous golf course in your pictures.  I am sure your puzzle wasn’t autobiographical. >:D

Thanks Jack :)  Sadly my well cartoon has disappeared over night :(  I included the golf course especially for you :)  Thought it would make you smile!
In this job, there are definitely some days when I feel as if I'm a
A
8 (#4 + #4) #5  #2 #1 #6    Picture 2 is a homophone.  Picture 3 you are not interested in who he is but a characteristic!

It was a perfect morning for dog walking, 18oC, so much so that that we did an extra circuit of the park.

It has been all go since then.  I’ve mowed all the lawns and had another dog walk and at 6.30 we have a video hook-up in lieu of dog training which has been cancelled because of the lock-down.  Somehow we always seem to stuff these up and so I am waiting tensely

Since I started this an hour ago you've been back & had a very hectic day.  I loved the cartoons :laugh:  Made me laugh after a horrible rude shouting man.
We're having a small heatwave at the moment.  Temperature is said to be 21oc today.  My car said 26oc when I went home yesterday after work.  Virtually unheard of in March.  Easter weekend will of course be chilly & grey.  The news & press are all covered in pictures of packed beaches & parks all over the UK yesterday.  Wondered if my colleagues & I are the only people going to work!

Hope the virtual dog training went well :) oh & I forgot to say your rebus was a cracker!

This'll be me before the morning's out :'(  Roll on lunchtime!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: April 01, 2021, 07:21:27 AM »
Hi Pen,

I am sure you are not. (your rebus)

Most of the people in greater Brisbane are sweating over the 9 am announcement about whether we will be locked down over easter.  So long as they don't tighten the conditions on exercise (Bonnie will be hard to live with if she doesn't get her dog-walks) and essential shopping it will make very little difference for us.
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: April 01, 2021, 12:12:13 PM »
This one shouldn't take you too long to solve.

There have been 24 of these very entertaining Kiwi puzzles so far with more to come.

two words - 10/9

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: April 01, 2021, 12:36:09 PM »
In my mind, that makes two heroes with the same first name: the author of the rebus and the hero of the series.
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: April 01, 2021, 12:47:40 PM »
Although, since retiring from full-time teaching, the size of my flock is considerably reduced.

;D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: April 01, 2021, 06:48:38 PM »
This one shouldn't take you too long to solve.

There have been 24 of these very entertaining Kiwi puzzles so far with more to come.

Took me a little while Mike but got there in the end.  I got distracted thinking that the third picture was smoke :-R  This series sounds like my cup of tea so I'm going to have a search for it later & hope I can find it :)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: April 01, 2021, 08:05:03 PM »
Most of the people in greater Brisbane are sweating over the 9 am announcement about whether we will be locked down over easter.  So long as they don't tighten the conditions on exercise (Bonnie will be hard to live with if she doesn't get her dog-walks) and essential shopping it will make very little difference for us.

Hi Jack

As far as I can see the lockdown has ended in time for the Easter weekend :)

I've had a bit of a week & feel a bit weary.  Very glad it's Friday tomorrow :)  My rebus is an old police programme from the 1980's. You'll probably find it a bit easy but I'm running out of steam this morning :laugh:

#4 #6 #5

You could substitute the last picture with this lady as you are not interested in who they are but what they were known for!

It's getting busy so I'd better skedaddle!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: April 02, 2021, 03:07:04 AM »
Hi Pen,

Yes, the lock-down finished five hours early so that the roads would be less blocked by people getting away for their Easter break.

I watched the first episode of series 1 of the answer to Mike's rebus.  I  think the series has promise.  I'll report back after I've watched a few more episodes.  It is available here on Foxtel.

I like to be positive, I’ll even stop at nothing to avoid using negative numbers.

Did you know Blue once had a hot dog stand?  One day a Buddhist asked him, “Make me one with everything,”.  Then, after getting his hot dog, the Buddhist hands Blue a twenty-dollar note.  Blue takes the money and begins helping the next customer.
The Buddhist looks puzzled and asks Blue, “Where is my change?
Blue replied, “Change comes from within.”

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:24:12 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack