Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 822002 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5670 on: March 06, 2021, 03:56:27 PM »
Moyra, the 2 letter word in the middle explains the order of the pictures.

Don't worry about the time of day - it's 5 O'clock somewhere. >:D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 05:42:50 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: March 06, 2021, 04:22:01 PM »
Bloody hell....of course the 2 letter word said it all. Thank you. I did have all the words...I just forgot that little "trick" of yours.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: March 07, 2021, 03:18:36 AM »
Were you up late again last night?

Who said dogs didn’t have clear expressions
Was the variation two puzzles ago “jar”  instead of “bottle”

Hi Jack

Guilty as charged!  I went to bed about 11.30 & had a quick peek at Chi before dropping off.  Were you hiding in my wardrobe? >:D

Bonnie's face is a picture - you're absolutely right :)

My expression relating to your earlier rebus would be "like a fart in a trance!" so no similarity whatsoever.  Isn't that funny?  Normally we sing more or less from the same hymn sheet.

I've half solved your most recent offering.  Am going to return to it when I've finished this.  I want to try & solve it before looking at the spoiler.

I've moved a bit further across Europe with my rebus.  It's a famous 17th century monument.

11 (#5 #2 #4) #4

Hints.  Lose first letter of picture 2 & last 2 letters of picture 3.

Man walking past the Olympic stadium carrying a long case is collared by a guard. "Are you a pole-volter?" the guard asks.
The man replies "No, I'm German actually; but how did you know my name was Walter"

A German is driving his car in Britain. A British cop pulls him over to the side of the road.
Policeman: "Sir, do you realise that there are two poisonous snakes on your windscreen?"
The German: "Off course! Zey are my vinscreen vipers!"

Leave you with a couple of silly jokes ;D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: March 07, 2021, 04:41:22 AM »
Hi Pen,

If I would fit in your wardrobe you must have a big wardrobe.

It’s Sunday, so let’s make this post different.

No jokes but other people’s wisdom.

A different type of puzzle.

When you get to Sunday, have a great day

P.S I had your rebus up my sleeve to use, so I twigged it without using google – a very rare event.  It's very clever the way you use your jokes as extra hints.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 05:42:07 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: March 07, 2021, 06:28:41 AM »
If I would fit in your wardrobe you must have a big wardrobe.

When you get to Sunday, have a great day

P.S I had your rebus up my sleeve to use, so I twigged it without using google – a very rare event.  It's very clever the way you use your jokes as extra hints.

Hi again Jack

I think you'd just about squash in my wardrobe as long as I took all the clutter out!

Unfortunately, I'm working tomorrow as the weekend lady asked for the day off.

Halfway through scoffing my pizza I realised that I hadn't put the "The" at the beginning of my rebus.  It obviously didn't matter. It's great when they just fall into place :)  I was a bit miffed that 2 of my jokes didn't come out.

Your riddle has me stumped so I'm going to have a search for a few words then conk out in front of the box with a glass or 2 of pink plonk :)  Can't sit up too late as I have to be up in the morning.  Not going in til 9 so not quite as early as the weekdays.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: March 07, 2021, 12:47:47 PM »
I was a bit miffed that 2 of my jokes didn't come out.

They were just waiting for some kind soul to say open sesame. >:D

Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: March 07, 2021, 09:23:25 PM »
A song, originally composed and recorded in 1948.

Five words - 5/6/2/3/3

bonus point - whose performance of the song at the 'Monster Truck Rally' helped save them, once again, from their many pursuers?

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: March 07, 2021, 11:15:20 PM »
They were just waiting for some kind soul to say open sesame. >:D

Thanks Jack :)  Don't know where I went wrong!

I think I've solved Mike's very clever rebus but I'm going to wait for your spoiler.  I've been back to your riddle several times but can't crack it.  When you tell me the answer I'm going to bang my head on the wall I'm sure :laugh:

I've moved further South with my simple rebus. 
#6 #5

It's a say what you see - both homophones.

Kylie rang me this morning to tell me that her uncle has been up to his old tricks!
Sheila had been watching a cookery programme on the telly & was dying to try out a new recipe.  She sent Blue to the local market to buy l'escargot & told him not to stop at the pub on the way home.
Well of course Blue being Blue thought he'd stop for a quick pint anyway.  After a few hours & several "quick pints" later Blue thought he'd better leave the bar & head for home.
He staggered towards the house knowing he was in for an ear bashing.  As he opened the gate the porch light came on & the front door began to open.
Thinking fast he emptied l'escargot onto the ground & said in a very loud voice
"Come on guys - we're nearly there!"

Leave you with a silly joke.  Nearly lunchtime thank heavens :-H  Cold & hungry :(

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: March 08, 2021, 03:13:47 AM »
Thanks Jack :)  Don't know where I went wrong!

Hi Pen,

Somehow you lost the last right-square-bracket off your second picture which also wiped out your third picture.  I don’t know why that didn’t show up when you previewed it.

I must have woken up brain-dead. I am not doing very well on the rebuses.  I am pretty sure I have Mike’s but can’t make any headway on his bonus question and I haven’t got an inking with yours.  I am assuming it is two words and the setting is Venice given the hints in your cartoons.

I will do two spoiler alerts and try to get back to sleep and see if my mind is any clearer when I get back from the dog walk later this morning.  As daylight gets later I don't have much time between when the alarm goes off and we have to set out.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 05:25:05 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: March 08, 2021, 04:29:25 AM »
I am pretty sure I have Mike’s but can’t make any headway on his bonus question and I haven’t got an inking with yours.  I am assuming it is two words and the setting is Venice given the hints in your cartoons.

Hi Jack

Sorry I think I owe you an apology as my cartoons have led you astray this time :-[  Right country but wrong side!
More in the region of the place that shares it's name with this cake & this
You're right about 2 words & the first word will be said in the past tense. 

I couldn't solve Mike's bonus question either but I did get the right answer to the rebus :)

Feel a bit knacked after a long day at work :-Y  Just going to get some grub & hope that perks me up a bit :)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:31:08 AM by Hobbit »

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: March 08, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »
The answer to my bonus question - Whose playing of 'Ghost Riders in the Sky' helped them escape their pursuers? - was The Blues Brothers in 'Blues Brothers 2000'.
It was basically a reprise of the scene in the original 'Blues Brothers' film where they sent the audience into raptures with their rendition of 'Rawhide'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOVWx3iWrAI

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: March 08, 2021, 11:19:58 AM »
Well done, Mike.

I still cannot get onto Pen's wavelength, so it is time to phone a friend. Can anybody give me a clue that will point me in the right direction?.

I had thoughts of a collapsed bridge and a famous recent shipwreck but I can't make them fit the clue.
Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: March 08, 2021, 11:23:10 AM »
Thanks Mike I really loved that clip, especially on a Monday Morning

Carol

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: March 08, 2021, 12:30:23 PM »
International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Significant activity is witnessed worldwide as groups come together to celebrate women's achievements or rally for women's equality.

Marked annually on March 8th, International Women's Day (IWD) is one of the most important days of the year to:
  • celebrate women's achievements
  • raise awareness about women's equality
  • lobby for accelerated gender parity
  • fundraise for female-focused charities     

The campaign theme for International Women's Day 2021 is 'Choose To Challenge'. A challenged world is an alert world. And from challenge comes change. So let's all #ChooseToChallenge.

I would like to pay my respects to women, particularly our forumites, and wish them well achieving the above objectives.

Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: March 08, 2021, 02:11:24 PM »
Hi Jack...wish I could help you with Penny's rebus....but I'm totally stumped.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia