Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 358720 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5370 on: January 20, 2021, 07:35:46 AM »
SPOILER ALERT- today’s Problem

An excellent puzzle, Pen, to top off some great posts (with only a small whinge) :D.

I am afraid I might not be able to reciprocate with a puzzle at the moment and maybe not until the weekend.

The Coorparoo mob are spending several days at a farm stay in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.  A typical Queenslander in the middle of a fair-sized farm I am told.  They invited us to spend two days with them.  I was not particularly keen as I escaped a farm over 60 years ago, but it does provide Dusty and Bonny to have a good romp in a different environment.  So, we are heading off shortly.

I suspect the only internet that will be available will be our iPhone Hot Spots.  So my contributions, if any, until the weekend will be limited.

Some kind forumites might fill in the gap.

Cheers, Jack

“Not every puzzle is intended to be solved. Some are in place to test your limits. Others are, in fact, not puzzles at all...” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration  

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: January 20, 2021, 09:41:27 AM »
This one is too easy - it was a humungous hit in 1967 for the Kinks:

Two words - 8, 6

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:45:00 AM by mkenuk »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: January 20, 2021, 09:08:25 PM »
I'll see your Kinks Mike & offer you the Foundations from 3 years later :)
#5 #2 #2 #(6+3)

ME

I think this too is a bit too easy ;D

Hope the first picture sticks.  It didn't show up to start with when I previewed it & then it suddenly popped up!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: January 21, 2021, 02:33:34 AM »

The Coorparoo mob are spending several days at a farm stay in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.  A typical Queenslander in the middle of a fair-sized farm I am told.  They invited us to spend two days with them.  I was not particularly keen as I escaped a farm over 60 years ago, but it does provide Dusty and Bonny to have a good romp in a different environment.  So, we are heading off shortly.

Hi Jack

I hope you have good couple of days away.  You never know you might surprise yourself & enjoy it!  & if you don't Bonnie certainly will :laugh:

I have a couple of days to come up with a sneaky & devious puzzle >:D

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: January 21, 2021, 06:39:40 AM »
Cheers, Jack

“Not every puzzle is intended to be solved. Some are in place to test your limits. Others are, in fact, not puzzles at all...” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration  

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: January 21, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »
Hi Pen,

The only thing more numerous than the birds this morning are the mosquitoes. Thank God for the aerogard. But listening to the news, we have finally got rid of the biggest pest of all.

The area is mountainous, sparsely populated, quite heavily timbered, and has obviously had plenty of rain recently.  The soil is red-brown as the dogs have found out. I will post some photos when I get internet access on my laptop.

I managed for a brief time this morning to get my iPhone’s hotspot to work but it then dropped out and I haven’t been able to get it to work again.

Cheers, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: January 21, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »

we have finally got rid of the biggest pest of all.

If you are a left-leaning Englishman, as I am, I would amend your sentence to 'one of the two biggest and most dangerous pests'

Scouser1952

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: January 21, 2021, 09:54:12 PM »
Here, here!

mkenuk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: January 21, 2021, 10:20:14 PM »
I'll have another go at doing a rebus:

Four words, 4-2-3-4

The last words spoken in a classic 1960 black /white comedy

Who spoke the words to who(m)? (Actors' names) (And name of the film, of course)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:22:26 PM by mkenuk »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: January 22, 2021, 04:08:51 AM »
Sorry Mike you have me stumped! I did have a thought on what the film might be but that could be the first picture leading me astray! I'll come back to it later & hope for some divine inspiration :laugh:

My puzzle is a comedy film from 1961.
#3 #5 #3 #4 #3
THE
Can you name the star please?  He was probably better known for appearing on radio & television.

I cooked a steak on my new George Formby grill last night...
turned out nice again!

I've been diagnosed with a fear of giants...
Feefiphobia!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:13:20 AM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: January 22, 2021, 04:21:48 AM »
I got it Mike :-)
A great film.  I wont give the answers until tomorrow in case anybody else wants a crack at it :-X
A brilliant puzzle & my poor brain needs a rest now!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: January 22, 2021, 07:13:17 AM »
Hi Pen and Mike

I couldn’t get your puzzle, Mike, but my daughter cracked it. I did get yours , Pen, but I think the date should be 1963.

If you can wait until I get back to Redlands this afternoon, I will put in a spoiler alert.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:27:10 AM by Ozzyjack »
Cheers, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: January 22, 2021, 04:47:00 PM »
Cheers, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: January 22, 2021, 07:08:47 PM »
Hi Pen,

The view from the front verandah at 6 am
Two dirty dogs

It was an enjoyable short stay under some trying conditions caused by the wet weather.  But we had a couple of good dinners, played some card games and enjoyed the isolation.  I minded the dogs yesterday while the others went to the zoo next to the Big Pineapple and the Ginger factory.  We toasted marshmallows over a fire-pit in the early evening.  It was very messy for those of us lacking expertise.

As we were leaving today we decided to get some Bread at the Kenilworth Bakery to bring home.  By the time we got there (10.30) the had no bread loaves only rolls, no plain croissants only chocolate ones, and no vanilla slices.  My son-in-law ordered a flat white coffee for June and they said it came with a pastry.  They didn’t mention the coffee was in a donut.

Have you ever had a flat white like this?

I need a good night’s sleep before I can get my brain into gear.

Cheers, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: January 23, 2021, 03:02:39 AM »
I did get yours , Pen, but I think the date should be 1963.
Have you ever had a flat white like this?

Hi Jack

Glad you enjoyed your short trip.  Did somebody have to bath the dogs? :laugh:

Zoe & I have been trying to work out how the flat white didn't soak into the donut & make it all soggy! & how on earth are you supposed to drink it?  Do they give you a soup spoon? >:D  I looked up the Big Pineapple & Ginger factory before realising it was 2 separate attractions :-R

You were quite right about the year of my film - oops!!

I have found a film which is actually from 1961! I've never heard of it but it has a very famous leading man.
#3 #(5+4) #7

THE

Please name the film & the leading actor.

A guy comes home from work in the middle of the day, finds his wife standing in the middle of their luxury penthouse flat wearing a red G-string, high heels, and the whole apartment is flooded.
"What on earth happened here?" he asks.
"I think the waterbed developed a leak," says the trembling wife.
Just then a man floats by.
"Who's that?" demands the husband.
"I dunno" replies the wife "Must be a lifeguard."

Thinking about scampi & chips & mushy peas  :-H

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:04:46 AM by Hobbit »