Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 822934 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4800 on: October 01, 2020, 12:37:53 AM »
Oops!  I must have been spaced out and left the space out.  That having been said, I doubt that you would find a whippersnapper whipper snipping.

I only get down on my knees these days at bedtime when I remember my dear friends.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: October 01, 2020, 01:05:06 AM »
It's been a very long & busy day Jack but at least you've made me laugh - more than once!  If I get down on my knees I find it an unholy job to get back up again :laugh: 
Just under an hour to go... :-C
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: October 01, 2020, 01:11:54 AM »
''I do hope that you are not under the thumb Gareth.''

I asked the wife if I was and she said NO
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: October 01, 2020, 04:19:28 AM »
That tickled me :laugh:

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: October 01, 2020, 12:03:08 PM »
I'm not game to respond to Gareth as his wife might be watching.

" I think you'll find we're pulling your leg Les - ever so gently :laugh: "

And all along i thought that i was pulling your leg.

"If I get down on my knees I find it an unholy job to get back up again "

I don't want to get into any strife so i've decided not to make anymore vague references to the cockpit scene from the Airplane movie.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: October 01, 2020, 03:44:19 PM »
Never had you down as a coward Les >:D :laugh:

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: October 01, 2020, 04:36:35 PM »
That's a bit harsh Pen.

Only a coward would boast that he has never known fear.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: October 01, 2020, 06:29:49 PM »

I don't want to get into any strife so i've decided not to make anymore vague references to the cockpit scene from the Airplane movie.

Oh Les I walked straight into that one :laugh:  I read your post at stupid O'clock when I'd just crawled out of bed & was enjoying my first cuppa of the day & was obviously not fully awake & functioning properly :-Y

I obviously withdraw my accusation of cowardice :angel:

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:31:26 PM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: October 01, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
Morning Jack

Found a few silly Dad jokes for you ;D
I tried to smuggle a rugby ball through customs...
thought it was worth a try!

I didn't want to believe my dad was stealing from his job as a roadworker...
but when I got home all the signs were there!

My friend just made a video of his wife colouring her hair...
he's going to show me the highlights later!

What do you get if you throw a piano down a pit?
A flat miner!

So glad it's Friday tomorrow :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: October 02, 2020, 02:16:25 AM »
I'm guessing the theme was that you didn't get up early enough to catch the worm >:D

It was not me that was the early riser, Pen.  It was you.  Looks like it can give you the squirm instead of the worm. >:D

However, I must congratulate you on coming up with a complete set of humour that I have not seen before?  With the amount of material we’ve trawled through to ensure we don’t repeat ourselves, this is a real achievement.  I can remember the satisfaction I got a few years ago when Les admitted I had come up with a joke he had not heard before. Have you discovered a new source? 

I don’t expect these two will cut the mustard;

When he was a young pman, Blue went to Sheila’s house for the first time.  She showed him into the living room. She excused herself to go to the kitchen to make them a few drinks, and as he's standing there alone, he notices a cute little vase on the mantel. He picks it up and gives it a shake, and as he's looking at it, she walks back in. He says "What's this?" She says, "Oh, my father's ashes are in there." He goes, "Shit, Jeez...oooh....I..." She says, "Yeah, he's too lazy to go to the kitchen to get an ashtray."

The big question of the COVID-19 situation in USA is -
Should We Open Up The Country?
Here's what the experts said:

The Allergists were in favour of scratching it, but the
Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but
the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve. 
Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while
the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"
While the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!”
Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the
Radiologists could see right through it. 
Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the
Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.
The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter.”
The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but
the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.   
Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty
Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no. 
In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the arseholes in Washington.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: October 02, 2020, 04:27:46 AM »

It was not me that was the early riser, Pen.  It was you.  Looks like it can give you the squirm instead of the worm. >:D

However, I must congratulate you on coming up with a complete set of humour that I have not seen before?  With the amount of material we’ve trawled through to ensure we don’t repeat ourselves, this is a real achievement.  I can remember the satisfaction I got a few years ago when Les admitted I had come up with a joke he had not heard before. Have you discovered a new source? 

I don’t expect these two will cut the mustard;

Oh Jack I felt a proper Charlie :-[  Les well & truly caught me out :laugh:

I got those jokes from Twitter.  It's a mixed bag & you have to sort through some real dross to find something quite funny.  As you know I like a bit of a risque joke but some of them make my toes curl!

I would say that your jokes not only cut the mustard but the horseradish too!!  As you know I love Blue & his antics :laugh:

I'm going to give the little grey cell a small workout & slump in my comfy chair.  Bit knacked & have to go in again on Saturday.
I am SO very glad it's Friday tomorrow :)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: October 02, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »

Oh Les I walked straight into that one :laugh:  I read your post at stupid O'clock when I'd just crawled out of bed & was enjoying my first cuppa of the day & was obviously not fully awake & functioning properly :-Y

I obviously withdraw my accusation of cowardice :angel:

No worries Pen.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: October 03, 2020, 01:13:33 AM »
I obviously need to get up earlier in the morning to catch you out Les :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: October 03, 2020, 01:42:28 AM »
Hi Jack

It's been a dreary old day here today :(  Rain, rain & yet more rain! They are forcasting rain all day again tomorrow.  One of the reasons I volunteered to work.

That got me thinking & I thought I'd set you a simple little puzzle as you haven't had one for yonks.  It's been so long I hope I don't make a hash of it ;D
4 words. 4, 5, 3, 5.  It's a painting I saw in the National Gallery when I visited recently. It's by a British artist painted in the 19th century.
&

The cartoons are supposed to be by way of a clue!

I have some bangers in the fridge which are calling me :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: October 03, 2020, 02:47:47 AM »
Hi Pen,

Dusty and Bonnie had a great day yesterday.  I got a few photos/clips which I will process later today. (Saturday).

Confucius say “Getting up early is a great way to appreciate day, wasted trying to catch people out”.

I will save my search for a joke until later in the day when I'm not half asleep and leave you with a true story from Yorkshire which may tickle you.

Quote from: A funny story taken from a copy of The Yorkshire Herald in 2018

Buttock Tattoo Terror Lands Rotherham Pair In Hospital

A furious row has broken out between a local tattoo artist and his client after what started out as a routine inking session left both of them requiring emergency hospital treatment.

Furious film fan and part-time plus-size XXXL model Tracey Munter (23), had visited the 'Ink It Good' Tattoo Emporium in Wellgate, Yorkshire last week, to have the finishing touches applied to a double buttock representation of the chariot race scene from the iconic 1959 film, Ben Hur.

Tattooist Jason Burns takes up the story.

It was a  big job in more ways than one.”   he told us “I’d just lit a roll-up and was finishing off a centurions helmet. It’s delicate, close up work. Next thing is, I sense a slight ripple in the buttock cleavage area just around Charlton Heston’s whip, and a hissing sound – more of a whoosh than a rasp – and before I know what’s happening, there’s a flame shooting from her arse to my fag and my beards gone up like an Aussie bush fire.”

Jason says he rushed to the studio sink to quell the flames, only to turn round and see Tracey frantically fanning her buttock area  with a damp towel. The flames had travelled down the gas cloud and set fire to her thong which was smoking like a cheap firework.

To be honest”, said Jason, “I didn’t even realise she was wearing one. You’d need a sodding mining licence and a torch to find out for sure. She could have had a complete wardrobe in there and I’d have been none the wiser.”

Jason and Tracey  were taken to Rotherham District Hospital accident and emergency  department where they were treated for minor burns and shock. Both are adamant that the other is to blame.

I’m furious” said Jason, “I’ve got a face like a mange-ridden dog and my left eyebrow’s not there any more. I don’t know about Ben Hur – Gone With The Wind would be more appropriate. You don’t just let rip in someone’s face like that. It’s dangerous.”

But Tracey remains both angry and unrepentant;

I’m still in agony,” she said, “and  Charlton Heston looks more like Sidney bloody Poitier now. Jason shouldn’t have had a fag on the go when he's doing close up work, there’s no way I’d guff on purpose. He’d had me on all fours for nearly an hour. I can only put up with that for so long before nature takes its course.  My Kev knows that I give him my five-second warning, and I’d have done the same for Jason, but I didn’t get chance – it just quietly crept out.”

Ted Walters from the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service wasn’t surprised when we asked him to comment on what had happened “People just don’t  appreciate the dangers.“  he told us, “We get more call outs to flatulence ignition incidents than kitchen fires these days now that people have moved over to oven chips. We have a slogan ‘Flame ‘n fart – keep ’em apart’. Anyone engaging in an arse-inking scenario would do well to bear that in mind in future.

On behalf of the entire Fire and Rescue service, we wish them both a swift recovery."

You couldn’t make it up!

Sleep calls. :-Z :-Z

P.S. Just saw your post.

P.P.S  hope your not cooking the bangers with gas
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:50:45 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack