Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 821208 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4275 on: June 23, 2020, 01:38:24 AM »
I love gravy nearly as much as I love salad cream >:D

Me too!  It's got to be on the thickish side though.  Can't be doing with watery gravy.  >:(

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: June 23, 2020, 02:02:01 AM »

Me too!  It's got to be on the thickish side though.  Can't be doing with watery gravy.  >:(
Nothing worse than watery gravy. The thicker the better >:D
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: June 23, 2020, 06:48:49 PM »
Hi Jack

I hope your journey to Canberra & back was uneventful and Andrew hasn't drunk you out of house & home yet :laugh:

I'm on the fracture clinic this morning & gearing myself up for a busyish morning.  Things are definitely creeping back to normal appointment wise.

I'm sticking with the opera theme for my little puzzle today.  4# 3# 5#  (first word of pud :))

For the bonus please say who composed it & how does the title translate into English.

The old ones are the best :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: June 23, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »
Cheese, tomato & salad cream sarnie for me today Linda :-H  Salad for you?  You were talking about beetroot yesterday in your salad.  Have you ever tried a cheese & beetroot sarnie?  Very yummy although it does look a bit like a gory episode of Midsomer if you don't drain the beetroot on kitchen roll first >:D   :laugh:
You can give it a whirl when you've finished your diet :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: June 23, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
Soup and a small slice of toast for me, Pen.  I don't do 'diets' as such just sensible eating and cutting back.  I have a friend who joined Slimming World and lost a lot of weight but it's so restrictive and now after coming off the 'plan' she has gained all that she lost. 

Cheese and beetroot sounds absolutely revolting!  I'm not a great cheese lover - except in a macaroni cheese or lasagne.  Occasionally fancy a cheese and onion sarnie but would rather have an egg and tomato any day.  Do you mean beetroot from a jar?  I do like beetroot but would never think of putting it in a sarnie. 

Must finish my soup - toast has all gone!!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: June 23, 2020, 09:33:58 PM »
Hi Pen,

We had a good trip but as predicted, I was knackered by the end of the day

Your puzzle:  WAM, I’ve used initials but then so do they all.

Some thoughts to conjure on.

I’ll stick with your opera theme.

6#3&3&1  9#6&3

Bonus Question:  Who wrote the short story the opera was based on?

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: June 23, 2020, 10:33:12 PM »
Spot on, of course, with the answers to my puzzle Jack :)  Your puzzle is one of Zoe's favourite operas :)  It is based on a short story by John Luther Long.

This morning turned out to be much quieter than I expected.  I'm back in the main department now & it's much busier here. Running out of suitable socially distanced seating.  Least it'll make the afternoon go quicker!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: June 23, 2020, 10:54:59 PM »
I don't do 'diets' as such just sensible eating and cutting back.  I have a friend who joined Slimming World and lost a lot of weight but it's so restrictive and now after coming off the 'plan' she has gained all that she lost. 

Cheese and beetroot sounds absolutely revolting!  I'm not a great cheese lover - except in a macaroni cheese or lasagne.  Occasionally fancy a cheese and onion sarnie but would rather have an egg and tomato any day.  Do you mean beetroot from a jar?  I do like beetroot but would never think of putting it in a sarnie. 

I think you have exactly the right idea Linda.  What's the point of spending all that time, effort, and, not to say money, in losing a load of weight only to put it back on again.

I'm cheese mad unfortunately!  Love it any which way & yes I do mean beetroot in a jar.  I fish it out & leave it on kitchen roll to drain & put it in a sarnie.  Bit weird but I like it :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: June 23, 2020, 10:58:43 PM »
What about Spam and beetroot, Pen?  Just thought that could be an interesting combination!  Spam Light, of course, if you're trying to eat healthily!! >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: June 24, 2020, 12:33:53 AM »
That sounds very yummy :-H  Spam & beetroot or corned beef & beetroot.  I really am a pig :laugh:  Stir fry with a salmon fillet for tea.  That's fairly healthy ;)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: June 24, 2020, 01:04:12 AM »
V. healthy tea, Pen.  I am having tuna fishcakes, new potatoes (few!), peas and spring greens.  Can't wait.  Been for a walk and am getting more than a little peckish now!  Getting very warm here and tomorrow is meant to be hot.  Day lazing in the garden, reading a book, perhaps.  Bliss!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: June 24, 2020, 01:52:42 AM »
That sounds very scrummy Linda :-H I think you're ok with new spuds as long as no butter   >:D
My car said 32c when I left work :o Just wrestling with a very hot cuppa!!
Enjoy your lazy day 8)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: June 24, 2020, 04:59:11 AM »
Just popped in to wish you a Very

Great company, good grub & a glass or 2 of something special :)  What more could you ask for!  Penx

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: June 24, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
Cake anybody?
Ozzyjack?

Have a great Day.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: June 24, 2020, 07:08:00 PM »
Hi Jack

Hope you're enjoying your day :)  I was going to say you'd probably rather have scotch than cake!! >:D

I thought I'd do a simple little puzzle.  I found a couple of people who share your birthday.  Just name them.

This gent was a favourite of Elizabeth I.

This gent was handy with his fists :laugh:

A man staggered into the police station & gasped "I've just been attacked by a dwarf in the Red Lion!"
"Don't worry sir - we'll get him" replied the copper.  "He's a gnome troublemaker!"

For his birthday, little Johnny asked for a 10-speed bicycle.
His father said, “Son, we’d love to buy you one, but the mortgage on this house is £280,000 and your mother just lost her job. There’s no way we can afford it.”

The next day the father saw little Johnny heading out the front door with a suitcase.
So he asked, “Son, where are you going?”
Little Johnny told him: “I was walking past your room last night and heard you telling Mum you were pulling out. Then I heard her tell you to wait because she was coming too. And I’ll be damned if I’m staying here by myself with a £280,000 mortgage and no bike!”

I'll leave you with a Dad joke & a slightly naughty one >:D :laugh: