Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820333 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4245 on: June 20, 2020, 10:23:31 PM »

Have you seen Alan's attempt to appease us with the new version of demon?  It's still not right!  Still boycotting it.

Lunch time now - tuna sarnie, I think.  I'm not sure your coleslaw option will be up to the standard of a salad cream option but do report back.  I've got a tub of extra crunchy coleslaw in the fridge but it can go on my chicken salad tonight rather than in my sarnie.  Can't eat just salad so have bought some lovely new potatoes to go with it!

More washing out today - so far, so good.

I'm impatient too!  I have been told I'm a typical Aries, if you believe that sort of stuff.

You're right Linda - the coleslaw didn't hit the spot like salad cream!  Chicken salad sounds rather good.  I did think you had a chinese takeaway in mind for tonight but perhaps I dreamt that!!

I have seen the new demon & you're right it's still not up to scratch.  A shame but I don't think we're getting the old one back any time soon.

I'm told I'm a typical Scorpion ;D

Hope your weather stays fine & your washing is dried.

Have a great rest of the day :angel:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: June 20, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »
Chinese takeaway tomorrow night I think, Pen. 

Have you seen what Alan has done?  Our demon is back although I'm still not convinced he is exactly the same as before but a great improvement. 

One lot of washing dried and another fluttering away merrily.  I'm surprised my washing machine hasn't gone up in flames and there's only two of us in the house! Where does it all come from? >:D 

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: June 20, 2020, 11:29:52 PM »
Oh that's brilliant Linda >:D  He looks the same to me but as my daughter is fond of pointing out I'd never make a Police witness :laugh:

A great big Thank You to Alan :-*

This is the nearest I can get to a washing machine going up in flames >:D
Where on earth do you get all that washing from? :laugh:
Half an hour & I can go home hurrah!!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 21, 2020, 12:25:58 AM »
I think you're right, Pen, on closer inspection he does look like our old, beloved demon!  Must apologise to Alan, as I did have my doubts that he was fobbing us off with a lookalike!

Loved your cartoon - not got to that stage yet!  Don't know why I have so much washing as I've been living in leggings and t-shirts most of the time recently.  Don't even bother looking semi smart for work - but then, I never do!! 

Just been out for a walk as it's warm but cloudy today.  Lots of lovely wild flowers in the grassy verges and hedgerows and would have loved to have picked some but they really look best in their natural habitat. 

Not long until chicken salad and potatoes ...  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 21, 2020, 04:37:31 AM »
Hope the chicken salad & spuds lived up to expectations!  I had a Morrisons ping sweet & sour & egg fried rice.  Very lazy but it was nice & did the job :)

Does your husband have any hobbies that involve getting a bit mucky?  gardening or fixing stuff?  wondered if he was changing his clothes several times a day & filling up the washing basket while you weren't looking :laugh:

I don't get much chance to see all the lovely wild flowers here sadly.  Our parish council planted loads of spring flowers (tulips, daffs, crocus & hyacinth) in a beautiful colourful swathe in the local park.  Of course you can guess what happened.  Kids picked them & threw them down & some people just picked them & took them home.  Bloody annoying >:(

Tossing up between my favourite detectives to accompany my pink plonk in a bit.. >:D

It's great having our old friend back >:D

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 21, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
Hi Linda and Penny....you two can be very proud of yourselves. All this talk of your lunchtime sandwiches has led me to the "sauces & dressings" aisle of my local Woolies supermarket....to find the salad cream. I had totally forgotten about salad cream. I'm  pretty sure we would have had to seek it out in a specialty shop years ago and I bought mayonnaise instead. Or maybe I rebelled when I left my parent's home ( Scottish upbringing ) and switched to mayo . But between you two and James May on YouTube with Food from the 70's, I had to have salad cream....and it was soooo good on my cheese and tomato sandwich!!! Married to an Australian for 45 years and he'd never had it before...consider him converted!
Thanks ladies...might have egg and salad cream today.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: June 21, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »
 Hi Pen and Linda

I am now going to put  the cat amongst the pigeons

Tonights dinner in Liver Bacon Mashed potatoes  Peas and  Gravy

You either love it or hate it

Carol  >:D :-H

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: June 21, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »
Thanks ladies...might have egg and salad cream today.

I'm so proud!!  I think Heinz ought to know about us spreading the word, Pen.  Perhaps we might get free salad cream for life!  I feel our work has only just begun ... the  more converts, the better - unless it leads to a world shortage of salad cream!!  :(

Liver Bacon Mashed potatoes  Peas and  Gravy

Not for me, in fact I feel quite nauseous thinking about it.  I know that liver and bacon can be very tasty (or so I've been told) but I can still recall the liver they used to serve up at school which has put me off it for ever.  I do like black pudding though - does that make up for it?!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: June 21, 2020, 09:24:20 PM »
Oh Linda you made me howl with laughter :laugh:  I had visions of you & I going from shop to shop in a fruitless search for Heinz salad cream because we'd done too good a job in converting the masses!!  Like Moyra I'm having egg & salad cream today but I had a couple of slices of Wiltshire ham left in the fridge so I'm pushing the boat out with ham & egg sarnies for lunch today :-H (& tomorrow as well as I made an extra one to take to work in the morning!)
I do think Heinz should definitely provide us with free salad cream for life >:D
Tonights dinner in Liver Bacon Mashed potatoes  Peas and  Gravy
Unlike you (shock, horror, gasp!) I do fancy Carol's tea :)  I like liver but it does have to be lean lamb's liver.  I can quite understand why school dinners would have put you off it for ever & ever! What was that awful frog spawny stuff they used to dish up for pud? Yuk!
I misread Moyra's post this morning while I was drinking my early morning cuppa & thought she was talking about James Martin rather than James May!  I was going to say 'now there's a man I'd like to spend my pocket money with'  Very dishy, cooks like a dream & rides a motor bike ;)

Sadly wrong James >:D  I obviously hadn't fully woken up at that point :-Y
Must peg my washing out before it rains!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:27:52 PM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: June 21, 2020, 09:57:50 PM »
What was that awful frog spawny stuff they used to dish up for pud?

Semolina, tapioca, something like that and v. disgusting it was, too!  We used to swirl jam in it which made it even worse. 

I'm eking out my supplies of salad cream now, just in case! 

Special chow mein tonight!  No salad cream required.  James Martin - okay but not someone worth disturbing the moths in my purse for!!

Dull, warm day here.  Luckily no washing to do - what's gone wrong?   >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: June 21, 2020, 11:52:03 PM »
Hi Pen,

I have to whip down to Canberra and back tomorrow (Monday), so this is a quicky.

Puzzle: An Australian Movie (2009), a rollicking, beautifully crafted documentary

#3  #5  9#5&4

Bonus Question:  Who was the Director?

I’ll leave you with this clip of a gentle lullaby
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:05:08 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: June 22, 2020, 01:50:17 AM »
Hi Jack

I enjoyed your cartoons & puzzle :)  I did my usual trick of getting distracted & hung up on the wrong words for a while.  I thought the first picture was a heart & the second quiet :-R  Numpty!  Anyway the film is described by Wikipedia as The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!  It was directed by Mark Hartley.

My easy little puzzle for when you get chance is an opera (proper opera buffs might argue that point!) 3# 7#3+4 2# 8#4+4
Theof
For your bonus please give the alternative name for this work.

I'll see your Tina Turner (brilliant :)) & offer you this
Jersey Boys
I saw this show in London a few years ago & loved it.

Are you going to Canberra to sort out the car?

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: June 22, 2020, 02:01:30 AM »
Penny! Hands off James Martin!!! Nuff said.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: June 22, 2020, 02:01:47 AM »
Semolina, tapioca, something like that and v. disgusting it was, too!  We used to swirl jam in it which made it even worse. 

I'm eking out my supplies of salad cream now, just in case! 

Special chow mein tonight!  No salad cream required.  James Martin - okay but not someone worth disturbing the moths in my purse for!!

Dull, warm day here.  Luckily no washing to do - what's gone wrong?   >:D

You're right Linda it was utterly disgusting :(  The jam didn't make it any more palatable!

I thought I might panic buy a few bottles of salad cream >:D 

Special chow mein sounds scrummy :-H  I've got quiche & new spuds.  Not half as exciting!

I'm somewhat concerned at your lack of washing today :laugh:

Have a good evening :) 

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: June 22, 2020, 02:07:11 AM »
Penny! Hands off James Martin!!! Nuff said.

Sorry Christine but you might have to fight me for him >:D   :laugh: