Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820427 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4155 on: June 08, 2020, 10:07:37 PM »
I've checked both our weather forecasts & they are surprisingly similar :laugh:

But your supposed to be in summer, Pen.

Liked your Madagascar and jokes.

Must get some sleep so I'll be sharp enough to solve your puzzle.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: June 08, 2020, 11:47:55 PM »
I know Jack!  It's more like March weather here at the moment :( 
Your cartoons made me chuckle :laugh:

I think you'll find my puzzle easy peasy as I'm a little short of inspiration today but I've found an event from Australian history that happened in 1808 which might tickle you.  3# 3# 9# (5+4)
The
For your bonus can you please say what caused this event & why is it unique.

A man went into a restaurant and ordered a bowl of vegetable soup. After a couple of spoonfuls, he saw a circle of liquid right under the bowl on the tablecloth. He called the waitress over and said, "It's all wet down here. The bowl must be cracked."
The waitress said, "You ordered vegetable soup, didn't you?
"Yes."
"Well maybe it has a leek in it!"

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 11:52:13 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: June 09, 2020, 07:50:39 AM »
Hi Pen,

I've just got time for a quick post to address your puzzle before I head off to Ontrac.

It was a pretty rummy affair by all accounts.  It involved our mate, Malcolm Turnbull's ancestor.  I told Blue it was the only successful coup d'etat in Australia's history.  His response was that if Sheila turned his grog supply off, he would be revolting too.  I told him he already was.  And then the fighting started  >:D

I'll be a bit busy today but I'll try to get a puzzle to you before I hit the sack tonight.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:04:45 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: June 09, 2020, 09:02:35 PM »
Hi Pen,

The sack hit me first.   I went to sleep in front of the TV.

Suggests a challenge:

#3   #3   #6

Bonus question:  Who was the author?
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: June 09, 2020, 09:06:45 PM »
Hi Jack

I've got a few minutes before I have my lunch & have a silly easy little puzzle for you :laugh:  I meant to ask if there's been any progress on the house sale?  Do hope so.  I know these things can take ages :(

1# {6# 5#} 7# 2# 4#.  It's an old proverb.  You want the characters name in the last picture.
ANO

Cooee Linda I haven't heard from you for a few days.  Do hope all ok with you.  I'm having cheese & coleslaw in a cheesy topped roll today :-H

Hope you're recovering from you busy day with a small glass of something >:D 

We crossed posts Jack.  I'll come back to your challenge this afternoon ;)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: June 09, 2020, 10:29:15 PM »
I'm back Jack

I believe this is the gent in question

The answer to your bonus question is Washington Irving.

Do hope you're not planning on sleeping for 20 years >:D :laugh:
penx

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: June 10, 2020, 12:49:06 AM »
Hello Pen - Even though I am in the office on my own I've been quite busy with various jobs that keep getting emailed to me, dictation and phone calls.  Have locked the door so the masses can't enter and infect me!!

Surprisingly, not v. hungry today so just had soup and toast - boring compared to your delish sounding lunch.

Have not had a glass since Sunday and it's now Tuesday!!  No wonder I'm feeling weak!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: June 10, 2020, 05:07:13 AM »
Hi Linda
Pleased to hear you're ok though it sounds like you had a very hectic day!  Was that your last day at the coalface for now?  Perhaps you'll enjoy a small tipple (or 2!) this evening to restore your strength :laugh:  Hopefully your lack of appetite is just a temporary thing.

A great idea locking your office door! Sometimes I wish we could lock the door of the hospital >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: June 10, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
Hi Pen

Today is my last day for this week - one more week to go and then back on furlough for three weeks!  Don't know whether I'm coming or going sometimes!

Appetite has returned with a vengeance and I am currently scranning down a tuna, tomato, spring onion and salad cream baguette!

No wine last night but tonight I will treat myself to a glass (or 2 or 3) of Oyster Bay - my new favourite tipple!

Hope you are having something tasty for lunch today!   :-H

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: June 10, 2020, 11:09:22 PM »
Oh Linda you'll meet yourself coming back :laugh:

Phew glad your appetite's back!  Had me worried there for a second!!
I too had tuna but it wasn't great :(  It was tuna & sun dried tomatoes & I added a couple of chopped up real tomatoes.  The roll was brown wholemeal & a bit dry.  All in all not a great success & I'm very envious of your baguette!!

Enjoy your glass or 2 or Oyster Bay.  My new favourite tipple is a pink pinot noir that I get in Morrisons- 2 for a tenner! (don't tell Jack though :laugh:0

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: June 11, 2020, 01:12:44 AM »
Enjoy your glass or 2 or Oyster Bay.  My new favourite tipple is a pink pinot noir that I get in Morrisons- 2 for a tenner! (don't tell Jack though :laugh:0

I heard that, Pen.

I think I broke the record for going to bed early last night but some instinct woke me up just after midnight to roll over and look at the forum.

My motto is "if you enjoy it, go for it".  So enjoy, Pen.

Oyster Bay Sauv. Blanc used to be one of our favourites but it has been a bit hard to get lately.  They must be sending it all to the UK.

You were spot  on with Rip van Winkle.  He wouldn't  gather much Moss sleeping under that tree.  He should try rolling a stone.

We are getting a few bites on the house but the banks have tightened their belts in the COVID crisis and people are finding it hard to get the money.  We may have to resign ourselves to getting less than we originally hoped for.

We are are off to Canberra again later this morning, so I must get back to counting the sheep.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: June 11, 2020, 04:42:28 AM »
Think my puzzle was a bit too easy Jack!
I'll try & come up with something a little trickier >:D

If you have to accept less for your house than you'd hoped will it not come out in the wash?  Surely you will then pay less for the one you are buying.  Or is it not that simple?

Linda's obviously got all the Oyster Bay stashed away :laugh:  Explains why you can't get any!!  I do enjoy my pink but I also like a sauv. blanc as well :)

Going to slump in my armchair in front of the box :-Y

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: June 11, 2020, 06:41:49 PM »
I do have the odd bottle stashed away, Pen, would hate there to be a shortage!  I did have a glass of Oyster Bay last night and I also had a glass of Runestone because one glass wasn't nearly enough after my struggles with our new office system yesterday!  No work now until next Monday and it's a lovely sunny, breezy day so I will try and make the most of it .. perhaps put some washing on!!  The excitement!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: June 11, 2020, 07:37:03 PM »
Hi Jack

Hope all is well in Canberra :)  All quiet on the fracture clinic at the moment - just waiting for the hordes to arrive!

I just said something to one of my colleages about some hand cream I'd been given which gave me an idea for a puzzle. Don't know if I can do it & I suspect it'll probably be quite easy but I'll give it a whirl! 
4# 4# 1# 4# 5# 2# 3# 5#  First word please lose the 4th letter of the confectionary!
AIN/THE

What's the difference between a hippo and a zippo? One is really heavy, and the other is a little lighter.
Did you hear about the man who thought Bob Marley and the Wailers were the sailors who caught Moby Dick?

What's the difference between a hippo and a zippo? One is really heavy, and the other is a little lighter.
Did you hear about the man who thought Bob Marley and the Wailers were the sailors who caught Moby Dick?

Hope you're contemplating a scrummy lunch at home Linda :-H  I've got cheese & tomato with a smidge of heinz salad cream in a cheese & onion topped roll.  2 hours to lunch & I'm hungry already :laugh:

Back to efficient receptionist mode...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: June 11, 2020, 07:45:52 PM »
I do have the odd bottle stashed away, Pen, would hate there to be a shortage!  I did have a glass of Oyster Bay last night and I also had a glass of Runestone because one glass wasn't nearly enough after my struggles with our new office system yesterday!  No work now until next Monday and it's a lovely sunny, breezy day so I will try and make the most of it .. perhaps put some washing on!!  The excitement!  >:D

sorry Linda didn't spot your post until after I posted mine.  I think you deserved a glass or 2 after grappling with work & a new system yesterday ;) I've not tried Runestone.  What's it like?  I can't wait til my day off tomorrow - roll on.  Forecast here is for showers, showers & more showers!  Still it's better than being at work :)
Don't spontaneously combust with all the excitement :laugh: