Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814625 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #3315 on: January 07, 2020, 10:07:17 PM »
Hi Jack

I was a bit distracted by all the colourful bottles on the shelves in K-Mart & wondered about the initials & what they stood for!  Then I looked at the picture again & read what was spelled out :laugh:
I'm not a huge fan of Piers Morgan.  He's a bit too opinionated for my taste.  Having said that he's not afraid to call a spade a spade & you have to admit that sometimes he's right & got a fair point.  I love Laura Tobin's response to Craig Kelly.  No wonder he withdrew his tweet!  Your comment about the furniture salesman really tickled me :laugh:

I think I've solved the challenge but I will hang fire just in case anybody else wants to have a crack at it.  Have no clue about the bonus as yet but that'll be a job for Ms Google later ;)

I've just been ticked off by a patient because she didn't read her letter properly & came to the wrong place for her X-ray :(
Was tempted to say

but thought better of it >:D

getting busy.  Assuming professional receptionist mode :laugh:

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: January 08, 2020, 04:22:57 AM »
Hi Pen’

I just woke up for a pit stop and I have gym at 8 so this is a quickie.

As you know, I am not the greatest fan of our Coalition Government but even many of his colleagues think Craig Kelly is a dickhead and an embarrassment. They cannot understand why the Leadership overrode the local preselection committee to make him the candidate in a safe seat.

I don’t have any knowledge of Piers but I have a high opinion of Fiona Katauskas judgement.  I do wish our interviewers would be more strident in pointing out bullshit when it is fed to them.

In my sleepy state, I couldn’t work out what you wanted to tell your patient.  Go deflower yourself?   ;D

:-Z :-Z
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: January 08, 2020, 06:34:03 AM »
Sorry Jack it was a picture of Rocky from Chicken Run.  I replaced it 3 times & hit preview & it looked fine then when I look again it's gone doolally tap :o  Anyway I was just going to tell them they were talking poppycock :laugh:

Perhaps Craig Kelly has some dirt on somebody in high places >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: January 08, 2020, 07:02:40 AM »
I'm back Jack!

Here's a quick puzzle for you.
It's a (long) poem & the word pattern is 3, 4, 2, 3, 7, 7
of

I think you'll find it easy peasy though I did wonder if you ever see any of picture 2 :laugh:

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: January 08, 2020, 08:53:19 PM »
Hi Pen,

It took me some time to solve your puzzle.  The clue about the long poem and the picture of the old seaman got me started.   I then realised it didn’t matter what age he was because the aqueduct provided the notion of oldness.

But I didn’t figure out the relevance of the second picture until I had guessed the answer and googled what the word would look like.  Great challenge.

I was surprised to learn that Blue had studied Philosophy.  I found this out the other day when he told me a joke.  He said “There is a horse. The horse says, ‘I don't think’ and disappears

I told him that I didn’t get the joke.

So, he explained “This is a reference to the Descartes quote ‘I think, therefore I am.’, but if I had explained that earlier, it would have been putting Descartes before the horse".

The challenge tonight is an economic event from the 1920's.  4 6 5

The bonus question is to provide the most significant date.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:20:53 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: January 09, 2020, 01:35:40 AM »
Hi Jack

Work is very busy.  Loved the Blue joke :laugh: - just what I needed!  We're having a small lull so I thought I'd pay a quick flying visit!  Yesterdays challenge was King Canute & the tide :)  I have solved todays challenge but will need to investiage further to try & answer the bonus question!

A couple of daft jokes!
Did you hear about the man who fell into an upholstery machine?
He is fully recovered now.

Mike: Excuse me, officer, I've lost my dog. What should I do about it?
Policeman: If you come back tomorrow, we might have a lead on it by then.

After suffering through years of his wife's awful coffee, the man spat it out and took the coffee maker to his solicitor.
Dropping it on the solicitors's desk, the man growled, "Here they are!"
"Here are what?" the startled lawyer asked.
"Grounds for Divorce."

Back to the grindstone - roll on going home time!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: January 09, 2020, 03:44:14 AM »

Hi Pen,

Great jokes.   ;D

This is a quickie as the alarm will go off in less than 2 hours.  We are playing a very early game at Gibraltar this morning and then home for a quick poppy-nap to freshen up.  We are going out to a restaurant with a couple of friends for dinner to celebrate.

It may be tomorrow before I can catch up with you again.

:-Z :-Z
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:49:58 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: January 09, 2020, 05:42:05 AM »
Hi Elizabeth,

Bonus awarded even though you left off the BC  :D

I was afraid that might be too much of a spoiler for people still struggling with the answer!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: January 09, 2020, 07:03:18 AM »
Hi Jack

That's a very long way to go for a game of golf >:D  Do hope the monkeys don't pinch your balls :laugh:

I hope you have a smashing day :)  Is the meal out with your friends to celebrate something special?  I'll spend the time trying to think up an especially tough challenge ;)

I'll leave you with a little Simon's Cat.  Hope I haven't posted it before.  It tickled me :laugh:
Bed Head

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: January 09, 2020, 04:40:12 PM »

Is the meal out with your friends to celebrate something special? 

Hi Pen,

I have just woken up from my Poppy-nap and I overslept so I now have to hurry on to shave, shower, shampoo, sh >:D etc and dress to to go out.

As to your question, I remember we had this conversation about this time last year.

Sleep tight  :-Z :-Z
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: January 09, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »

The challenge tonight is an economic event from the 1920's.  4 6 5

The bonus question is to provide the most significant date.

Ira Gershwin provided the answer to your bonus question in his lyrics to the 1936 ballad:

'In 1929 I sold short.....'

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: January 09, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »

As to your question, I remember we had this conversation about this time last year.

As I lay in bed last night I thought I bet it's your wedding anniversary!  I didn't have access to the internet to check our posts from a year ago & I was warm & snuggly & couldn't get up again :laugh:
55 years is a wonderful milestone.  Congratulations to you both

Penx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: January 10, 2020, 02:11:46 AM »
Hi Jack

It'smee 2 again!

Have been trying to find a devious little puzzle for you.  Quick post before the fracture clinic gets busy.

This is a book.  3 words & the pattern is 4, 2, 3, 7.  Hope I've managed to flummox you a little bit >:D

I'm very glad it's Friday tomorrow as it's been a long old week. Although I have to drive to Oxford to visit the elderly relies so it wont be a very relaxing day.  Think I've said before I love to see them but hate the drive.  If I'm missing tomorrow you'll know I was a bit knacked!

Leave you with a couple of silly jokes :laugh:

Good morning, doctor.'
'Good morning. What's the trouble?'
My shins, doctor. Look.'
'Good heavens. They're all hacked to pieces. Looks as if everyone's been kicking you. What have you been playing - football or rugby?'
'Bridge.'

There was once a small snail who always dreamed of becoming a race-car driver. One day he heard that an uncle of his had died and left him some money! Now his dream could be realized! He bought himself a car, souped it up, and then painted a large red "S" on it. When he was at his first race, a friend of his asked him why he had painted the big red "S" on the car? Simple, the snail replied when people see my car go zooming down the, track I want them all to exclaim: Oh look!! See the S car go!!!!

Hope you had a smashing evening out celebrating.  Lots of lovely grub & excellent wine :)

ps sorry just realised the book should have a "the" at the beginning ;D

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:19:07 AM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: January 10, 2020, 02:45:48 AM »

Just spotted this & it tickled me :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: January 10, 2020, 05:16:54 AM »
Hi Pen,

We had an excellent evening.  My friend, who had allowed me to beat him at golf in the morning, volunteered to be nominated driver so we could have an extra glass or two. The food and wine were excellent.

Another description might be there was no Toad in the Hole, we weren’t badgered by the waitress and my faith in the choice of the restaurant was rattyfied. No mole about it.

We were going to go Canberra after my 8 o’clock gym session this morning but the bushfires are predicted to flare again in today’s expected high temperatures and there is some doubt whether the road will be open, so we will probably postpone the trip.  So, I should have time to do a traditional post for you to relax with when you return from Oxford.   I’ll try to match your excellent jokes and puzzle.
Regards, Jack