Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 827302 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #2235 on: March 11, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »
JACK
No can't make it any bigger ???  When I click on the font size it just says size=10pt.  Though pt was pints :laugh:
I had seen the clip of Michael Caine.  Totally brilliant & worth another look.
I have searched Mr Google for current golf tournaments to solve your puzzle.  All I've come up with is Qatar & Limpopo! You'll have to put me out of my misery!!
Funeral
Not rude apart from one swear word but tickled me :)
Lingerie
If you ever get the chance to watch the whole of this it's hilarious :laugh:
Off to watch the last episode in the present series of Death in Paradise & contemplate work tomorrow ;D

Mind how you go eskimo
Pen
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 11, 2019, 04:04:42 PM »
, Pen
I have sent you a message with some ideas on font size.

What a cute pup you found.  It could only be cuter if it was a Border Collie. :D

You gave up a bit quick on the challenge, Pen.  Have you considered googling about unusual architecture in those places?

You’ve got me in suspenders about the Lingerie, Pen because you repeated the URL for the Funeral which was great but… ???

Take Care, Polar Bear

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 11, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »
HI JACK
In the interest of democracy & fair play (& my penchant for pussy cats >:D) I've found this little chap.  I've increased the font size but not managed to get it in colour.  Some progress!  Work's quite busy & I'm out visiting a friend for dinner tonight (a lovely rare treat :-H) so I may have to have another practise tomorrow.

I loved your golfing cartoons.  Made me laugh out loud :laugh:

Better get my professional receptionist's hat out of the drawer & dust it down >:D

Oh & you forgot to tell me the answer to your picture teaser!
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 11, 2019, 11:59:32 PM »
Oh & you forgot to tell me the answer to your picture teaser!

G'day,Pen

And I wasn't going to tell you this time because I practically told you how to find out for yourself but then I thought if I was so mean you probably wouldn't repost the lingerie skit with the correct URL which I am very curious to see.

So the answer is the Zig-Zag Towers in Doha, Qatar.

Have you got any cats that can do this?

I suppose I'l have to try to match your great cartoons,

Bon Appétit, toneet

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:09:52 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 12, 2019, 12:57:43 AM »

I'm deeply embarrassed :-[
Posted the same clip twice!
Lingerie
I might go into hiding in South America ;D
I did guess between Qatar & Limpopo in answer to your puzzle.  I thought Limpopo was a river ???
Au revoir my little star
Pen

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 12, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
JACK
Still feeling somewhat embarrassed after my faux pas :-[

Weather here is bloody awful :(  Raining & howling a gale - called Gareth apparently ???

I can't match your amazing border collies but this did tickle me

Gotta fly pork pie (sorry running out of time & wanted to finish off my post ???)
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 13, 2019, 12:08:11 AM »

No need to be embarrassed, Pen, we've all done it and forgotten to check with preview before we posted.  You more than made up for it with the quality of your cartoons.

And OK, cats can be clever too as well as being cute. :-[

Had a frustrating afternoon on the phone to my Telco for about 3 hours without getting a result.  I won't go into details as it will just make me ropeable again.  As it was I needed a bottle of sedative from our NZ friends to gain my equilibrium.  So instead I will amuse myself with a few Minions.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 13, 2019, 03:49:21 AM »
Oh Jack did the Telco play awful holding on music?  Used to be Greensleeves here but that's had it's day ;D  It's now awful electronicky stuff or really bad pop music. 

Hope you enjoyed your wonderful NZ sauvignon blanc >:D
Home now hurrah
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 13, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
,Pen

Your comments and cartoons on Telcos were spot on.  In the end, I trawled the internet and found the solution to my problem myself, so all is well.

I played well today despite being knacked after gym but 3 others played better so only won a ball and lost one of my handicap.  I could drink wine so I won't whine.

My lesson from the pulpit tonight is prompted by the discussion in another thread:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:24:40 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 13, 2019, 10:53:02 PM »
JACK

Pleased you played well but sorry your handicap took a bashing.  I love golf but if I'm honest I don't really understand the handicaps.  As I was never very proficient it was never an issue for me :laugh:  9 holes par 3 was perfect for me!
I'll see your heresy cartoons & raise you a couple of golf ones!  Loved them :laugh:

Is it very wrong of me to be pleased that Cardinal Pell has been found guilty & sent to prison?  Even wronger that I wish he could be castrated without anaesthetic & with something blunt & rusty?

au revoir superstar
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:00 AM »
Yawn, Pen

The handicap system is supposed to give everybody who plays to their personal level of competence an equal chance of winning.  The theory is if you get better, your handicap goes down.  If you get worse, it goes up.  Like any system designed by humans, it is not perfect.

If I admitted aloud that I liked your first cartoon, I'd be subject to castration a la Pen, so I'll just snigger quietly. :D

It's not at all wrong of you to be pleased Pell has been sent to prison,  The castration penalty might be a bit Old Testament.  But who am I to judge?

Must get back to bed, Fred
the alarm goes off before five, Clive

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:35:23 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 14, 2019, 06:50:22 AM »
JACK
Understand the handicap a bit better now!  I expect you're already on your way to golf. Hope you don't need matchsticks to prop your eyes open :laugh:
I wont tell June that you sniggered quietly at my cartoon >:D
I've finished work now until Monday so another lovely long weekend hurrah :)

Off to give my little grey cell a quick workout!
Toodle Pip
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 14, 2019, 08:52:01 PM »
Hi Pen,

Golf report: 3rd in C grade; won $20; lost another stroke.

Weather report: You’d love it here now (5:30 pm), we are in the middle of a violent thunderstorm.  Hopefully it will have passed on by the time I get around to posting.

I am a bit low on inspiration, so here are a few of the old favourites:

I haven't heard about your holiday plans for this year, so here a few thoughts to help your planning.

Hi again, it is now after dinner.  I am in a much more mellow mood now.  I’ll leave it to you to guess the reason.

The storm has passed.  It was lucky I was composing off-line as we had a short black-out and I would have lost the lot.

I must say Crabby Road produces some gems but the Minions aren't too shabby:

P.S.  Can ya guess where the European Golf tour have move onto this week, Can ya?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:01:15 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 15, 2019, 06:55:01 AM »
Hi Jack

I've had a bit of a manic day one way or another.  Done some shopping (hate all forms of shopping with a passion :() & had a man round to repair a leaky tap.  Then my neighbour who is crocked with a prolapsed disc knocked & asked me to dash to the chemist.  So me & my brain cell (sorry my brain cell & I :laugh:) are only firing on one cylinder!

Pleased you won £20 :)  Third's not too shabby!

Funnily enough Eve & I booked our holiday earlier in the week.  We're visiting Monet's gaff in Giverney & the Palace of Versailles.  Then we go to Tours to look at a couple of chateaus(x?)  We go in September & I'm very much looking forward to it.

I love the minions - think they were a great find :)

You're right I'm very glad I wasn't there when you had a terrific thunderstorm.  I would have been in the cupboard under the stairs - that's assuming you have one :laugh:

I have no idea where the European Golf Tour is heading so if you bear with me a minute I'll cheat & consult Mr Google >:D
Kuala Lumpur???  That's even further away from Europe than Qatar!

Toodles
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »
 ,Pen
I had a technical problem last night with the greeting.  I had a Border Collie in sunglasses saying hello to you.  Tested it before posting and went to bed.  Had a late thought and brought the post up on the iPad and the greeting picture was just a blank frame.  Went back to the laptop and brought up the post and it was OK.  I was too tired to solve the problem and so wiped it and just used a text greeting.  If it happens again with the above greeting, I’ll let it go through and do some research on why Windows 10 and IOS produce different results. If anybody has a theory I’d love to hear it..

Now what’s this about firing on one cylinder.  If you’ve got a 2 cylinder brain, that’s not too bad.  If you’ve got an 8 cylinder brain, you’re cactus.  But I don’t believe a word of it.  You don’t come up with great cartoons like you did unless you are in great form.

Must be mental telepathy that I asked about your holidays just after you had booked.  Looks like we will have to sharpen up our French.   We found that the more you knew about a place before you visited it, the more you got out of a visit.   I’ll have to see if I can develop a challenge on the areas you will be visiting.

No stairs in our place, Pen.  It is all on one level.

Kuala Lumpur – Close but no cigar.  Mr Google would have told you that the Maybank Championship was on at the Saujana G&CC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 21-24 March not this week.  Hint: the country has the second highest mountain in Africa.  Can Ya guess now? Can ya?

The European Tour co-sanctions competitions a long way from Europe, particularly in your colder months when it is much more comfortable playing golf in China, Malaysia and even Australia and NZ.

For your amusement:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:55:59 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack