Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 876221 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11625 on: Today at 08:02:47 PM »

We tend to be very basic (well I tend to be very basic, I can't speak for Pen) and mainly just slosh a load of salad cream on sarnies or rifle through the M & S food store for something quick and easy to shove in the oven.  Perhaps the title of your recipe book could be 'Can't Be Arsed to Cook Tonight' or 'A Hundred Ways with Salad Cream'.  I'm already anticipating the royalties rolling in!  >:D

Oh Linda you do make me laugh - cheered up a dreary Wednesday morning at work  :laugh:  I'm probably far more basic than you  As I've only got myself to worry about I'm very lazy when it comes to grub.  A quick rifle through M&S or Sainsburys for a ping meal, pizza or bangers and I'm a happy bunny.  In my mind sausages are a bit like salad cream - you can never have enough!  I did go mad last week and make a couple of shepherds pies. 
Can I count on a share of the royalties from the book?   :laugh:  >:D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #11626 on: Today at 09:07:42 PM »
Sorry I've been meaning to ask but completely forgot.  Is your home fully repaired and back to how it should be after your terrible ordeal back in August?

I wish I could say 'Yes', Pen, but work hasn't even started. The insurance company are not being very cooperative, I'm afraid. However, we did get an email from them yesterday saying that they are trying to find a builder who is experienced in working on heritage properties, so we are counting that as progress.

And the earth beneath our feet seems to have settled down a bit at last. We had three tremors over 4.5 in the space of three weeks beginning 23rd August , and lots of smaller ones during that time and after. But the last one of any significance was magnitude 2.6 on 26th September. Fingers crossed it's all over.   

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: Today at 09:35:23 PM »
In my mind sausages are a bit like salad cream - you can never have enough!

I do love a banger as long as it's decent quality - Lincolnshire or Cumberland, for me.  Just off to work after scranning down a delish egg, tomato and you know what baguette.  Feel a bit stuffed now and could do with a nap!! >:D