Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 866524 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11415 on: August 22, 2024, 04:51:38 PM »
But I am still puzzled as how to get hungry from the Simon's cat clip.

The last thing the cat does is point into its mouth.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: August 22, 2024, 09:22:43 PM »
I should be more observant - thanks.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: August 22, 2024, 11:50:14 PM »
Hi Jack

It's a grey blowy old day here today.  I've done some chores and a bit of shopping and intend to do nowt for the rest of the day  :laugh:

My rebus today is an expression I read in one of the newspaper websites earlier on.  I'm hoping no cock-ups today!

#3 2 #2 #4 #4

Please use the first and last letters of picture one.  Picture three you're not interested in who he is but what and use four consecutive letters.  Please reverse picture four.  One homophone and position is vitally important.

A penguin goes into a pub.
At the bar, the peanuts say, “Nice tie Mr!”
In the toilets, the condom machine says, “You look bloody stupid in that tie.”
So he complains to the barman. The barman says, “The peanuts are complimentary but the condom machine is out of order.

Leave you with a very naff joke  ;D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: August 23, 2024, 03:10:12 AM »
I've done some chores and a bit of shopping and intend to do nowt for the rest of the day  :laugh:
My rebus today is an expression I read in one of the newspaper websites earlier on.  I'm hoping no cock-ups today!

Hi Pen,

Your rebus is fine and even has its own well known acronym.

Bonnie has starred in Facebook again with this caption.
Bonnie would be a queen if she was human. Regal, dignified and poised and absolutely beautiful ❤️🐕🐾

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: August 23, 2024, 04:46:27 AM »

Your rebus is fine and even has its own well known acronym.

Bonnie has starred in Facebook again with this caption.

Very pleased to hear my rebus was in order today Jack!

What beautiful pictures  :)  Not just Bonnie looking gorgeous and definitely very regal!  The scenery is spectacular.  I'm very jealous - imagine having that on your doorstep.

Off to search for a few words then watch a bit more Pie in the Sky. I did enjoy the last couple of McDonald and Dodds  :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: August 23, 2024, 06:29:40 PM »
Hi Yvonne.  Are you all shook up?
Regards, Jack

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: August 24, 2024, 05:29:02 AM »
My vote is cast for Bonnie for President of Everything.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #11422 on: August 24, 2024, 01:25:30 PM »
Hi Yvonne.  Are you all shook up?

And then some.*

A large area of our master bedroom ceiling fell in, and being 150 years old, it wasn't plaster that fell but basically lumps of rubble about 20 cm thick. Nearly all of our other rooms have patches of fallen plaster and cracks in walls and ceilings. Fortunately we are covered by insurance and a 'make safe' team are here at the moment, removing the rest of the fallen ceiling and clearing away the rubble. Unfortunately, it's going to be a long process to get back to where we were.

But thank you for asking, Jack :)

* For anyone who is confused by this exchange: Muswellbrook, Australia, which is where I live, was at the epicentre of a 4.8 magnitude earthquake yesterday. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 01:30:52 PM by blackrockrose »

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: August 24, 2024, 02:45:28 PM »
It sounds like your stamina endures through this horrifying mess. Hold on & be safe.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #11424 on: August 24, 2024, 06:39:26 PM »
Hold on & be safe.

Thank you Paula.

We had another one this afternoon. I suppose it will be classified as an aftershock, but it was still 4.5. The ceiling was safely down by that time, and we aren't seeing any more extra cracks in other rooms.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: August 24, 2024, 09:44:34 PM »
Hi Yvonne,

I was in the vicinity of the Newcastle eartquake of 1989.  From the early news bulletins last night,  I wasn't sure what to expect so I thought i would put in something bland to open a conversation.

If I have read your post right, the structural damage and incoveniece has been great but there have been no personal injuries.  If so, this is annoying but something to be grateful for.

I note there has been a move to blame the mining in the area.  I thought this was resonable because I thought the Hunter Valley was a stable area but a bit of research shows this may not be so.

This is a picture of the history of the area.

All the best for getting your situation back to normal and let us know from time to time how it is going.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 09:48:44 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: August 24, 2024, 10:18:10 PM »
Hi Pen,

Ruby had a sleepover with us last night so she gor to join in Bonnies walk this morning.  The othe dogs are members of the dog walker's family and they all get along welll together.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 10:21:48 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: August 24, 2024, 11:05:03 PM »

* For anyone who is confused by this exchange: Muswellbrook, Australia, which is where I live, was at the epicentre of a 4.8 magnitude earthquake yesterday.

That's very scary Yvonne - I'm thinking of you.  Thank god nobody was hurt.  At least the house can be repaired. I hope the upcoming weeks aren't too awful and upsetting for you.

Love and a big hug Penx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: August 25, 2024, 12:04:38 AM »

Ruby had a sleepover with us last night so she gor to join in Bonnies walk this morning.  The other dogs are members of the dog walker's family and they all get along welll together.

Hi Jack

That's a great picture - cheered up a very wet and miserable day.  It's been raining all night and all day.  Zoe and I did go out shopping earlier and got a trifle damp  :laugh:

My rebus is a record from the 1970's.  It's a very catchy tune!

#5 #4 #3 8 (#4 + #4)

Who made the plane in picture one?  Please lose the third letter and then change the first letter of what you have left.  Please lose the first five letters of picture two and use three consecutive letters from picture three.  Please ignore Sherlock Holmes in picture five and pretend it's all on one line.
I put the puzzle together before I actually double checked the correct title of the song.  One of the words is surplus to requirements.  A bonus point if you can tell me which one and an extra bonus point if you can name the group who had a hit record with it.

I think it's finally stopped raining.  I think we might risk a small walk.  This tickled me  :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: August 25, 2024, 02:14:54 AM »
Who made the plane in picture one?  Please lose the third letter and then change the first letter of what you have left.

Hi Pen,

I can't make head nor tail of this clue but I don't think it matters because I think it is surplus to requirements and therefore I don't have to worry about satisfying the status quo.   Apart from that little problem, I think I solved it.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 02:37:24 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack