Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 865813 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #10290 on: November 18, 2023, 01:03:31 AM »

The Zinfadel at the book club can be bought in Morrisons for around £7.50 a bottle!  I was pleasantly surprised when I had to fork out £16.50 last night.  They have charged as much as £18 for the flaming stuff.  Don't even like it that much.  Too sweet for my taste but the white they serve is similar and dearer. 

Lovely crisp, bright day here today, Pen, so hope your weather is similar and that you make the most of your time away from work.  At least he's not venturing bathroomwards!  >:D

That's daylight robbery Linda :o Much as I love pink plonk I'm not a fan of Zinfadel - as you say far too sweet.  I got a bottle of Ned Sauv Blanc in the Co-op earlier for £9.00.  It's scrummy and much better value for money and goes well with Midsomer >:D Can't you just buy it in Morrisons and take it with you?  You could get two bottles and still have change and one for next time!!

It's a beautiful sunny day here too. Enjoyed a lovely walk and lunch with a friend earlier :)  Sadly the forecast for tomorrow is bucketing rain  :(

Pleased to hear the electrician is not planning on invading the bathroom  :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: November 18, 2023, 01:11:11 AM »

Even though I had a poppy nap this afternoon, I am still knackered, so here is a couple I prepared earlier.

and the caption read “When your 'work' day starts with this face, you just can't have a bad day”

Hi Jack

I would quite like a poppy nap but I've got to head back out again. Only just got in and guzzled a quick cuppa  :laugh:

That's a gorgeous picture of Ruby - you can't help but smile  :)

I'll be back with a proper post tomorrow  :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: November 18, 2023, 03:02:21 AM »
Can't you just buy it in Morrisons and take it with you?

Not allowed, I'm afraid.  Daylight robbery, indeed! 

Electrician has now gone and everything is wired up and raring to go.  If only I could work out how to use the new oven and microwave we might get some tea!   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: November 18, 2023, 06:13:57 AM »

Electrician has now gone and everything is wired up and raring to go.  If only I could work out how to use the new oven and microwave we might get some tea!   >:D

Oh Linda you crack me up  :laugh:  Sitting here laughing my head off!! Hopefully you're not both sitting there hungry.  If all else fails send hubby to the chippy  ;)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: November 18, 2023, 01:53:21 PM »
Hi Pen,

Here is a simple brainteaser for you:

A tank is being filled with water. Every minute, the amount of water in the tank doubles. The tank is full after an hour. At what time was the tank half full?

Blue asked me if I wanted to hear some Confucius sayings.  Here are a few I considered worth repeating.
  • “With great power comes great electricity bill”
  • “Man who put on itchy sweater start every day from scratch”
  • “When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet, than open mouth and remove all doubt”
  • “War not determine who is right, war determine who is left”
  • “Support bacteria — it’s the only culture some people have”
  • “Man who have clear conscience usually have bad memory, too”
  • “Passionate kiss like spider’s web soon lead to undoing of fly”
  • “Behind every successful man is good woman — and very surprised mother-in-law”
  • “He who fish in other man’s well often catches crabs”
  • “Man who read woman like book, prefer braille!”
  • “When dentist say ‘open wide’, does he mean mouth or wallet?”
  • “Man who keep both feet firmly planted on ground have trouble putting on pants”
  • “He who laughs last did not get the joke”

And I’ll leave you with this…………….

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: November 18, 2023, 11:18:28 PM »

Here is a simple brainteaser for you:

Blue asked me if I wanted to hear some Confucius sayings.  Here are a few I considered worth repeating.

Hi Jack

Bit drizzly and dreary here today but not cold.

I've got an answer to your brainteaser but now I'm doubting myself and wonder if it's as simple as you say  :laugh:

Please tell Blue the Confucius sayings tickled me  :laugh:

My rebus is a detective novel by P D James which was adapted for telly.

#5 2 #4 #6

You need the first name of the gent in picture two and then please change the first letter and lose the middle letter of picture one.  Please use the first word of picture three and drop the first letter and add a different letter on the end. (could have done with a picture of Bonnie  :))  Position is vitally important.

I'll leave you with a couple of silly simple riddles.

You’ll find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus. But never Neptune, or Venus. What am I?

What has a neck but no head?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 11:22:14 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: November 19, 2023, 11:31:43 AM »
Spoiler Alert for Puzzles Between 13-18 November 2123

Rebuses 13 November to 18 November

Brainteasers 13 November to 18 November

Date reflects the author's time zone.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: November 19, 2023, 06:05:15 PM »
Bit drizzly and dreary here today but not cold.

Hi Pen

Same here, in fact it is 25 oC.

My rebus today is the answer to the question “What day is it today?”

13(#3 #2 #3 #3 #2) #4 #3

Conceptually one Line.  Punctuation in word 2 is not pictured.

Picture 1, Two Words (3,3).   You need an anagram of word 1.
Pictures 3 &,4. Remove the first letter
Picture 5. Remove the last 3 letters.
Picture 6. Replace the last letter with “s”
Picture 7. Replace the last letter with “y”

And I’ll leave you with

Regards, Jack

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: November 19, 2023, 06:58:32 PM »
Ruby & bonnie

Like so many siblings seem to epitomize the ancient CAST of the irrepressible carefree younger one and the responsible gold star high achiever.. you have to give each a gold medal,,

Each daily dose of cartoons
Yields a new favorite.
Much cheer
Paula

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: November 20, 2023, 01:03:47 AM »

Same here, in fact it is 25 oC.

My rebus today is the answer to the question “What day is it today?”

Hi Jack

I ticked a friend off on Friday for being smug  :laugh:  It's howling a gale here today and spitting with rain.  Heavy rain is forecast a bit later so I thought I'd get out for a walk this morning.  It's a measly 12oc but feels chillier in the wind!

That was a brilliant rebus  :) and there was me thinking it was Sunday today  >:D

My rebus is what I watched last night with a couple of glasses of the superb Ned Sauv Blanc from your neighbours across the way.  If she's not too busy and tuning in Linda will get this in a flash!

#3 #8 6 (#3 + #3)

Please use three consecutive letters from the middle of the flower in picture one.  You need to assume that's mum in picture three and then reverse what you have.  Homophone of the first name of the gent in picture four and please pretend it's all on one line. Sorry forgot to say please lob in an apostrophe.

Joan, who was a rather well-proportioned lady, spent most of her holiday sunbathing on the roof of her hotel. She wore a swim suit the first day, but on the second, she decided that as no one could see her, she'd slip out of it for an all over tan.
After a few moments she heard someone running up the stairs. She was lying on her stomach, so she just pulled a towel over her derriere.
"Excuse me madam," said the flustered assistant manager of the hotel, out of breath from running up the stairs. "The Hilton doesn't mind you sunbathing on the roof, but we would very much appreciate it if you would wear a swimming costume like you did yesterday."
"What difference does it make?" Joan asked rather calmly. "No one can see me up here, and besides, I'm covered with a towel."
"Not exactly," said the embarrassed man. "You're lying on the dining room skylight."

Leave you with a naff joke du jour  ;D 

This tickled my silly sense of humour  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: November 20, 2023, 06:22:40 AM »
Hi again Jack

Just to say your lads did brilliantly to win the world cup in India  :)

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: November 20, 2023, 02:13:08 PM »
My rebus is what I watched last night.  Linda will get this in a flash!

Hi Pen,

Great rebus.  I assume, because you mentioned Linda, that you were watching your favourite TV series and not the NETFLIX adaptation of the C.S. Lewis book.  If Linda wasn't watching, you could always take up your pen and tell her. :D

Nobody was more surprised than me when we got up in India.  I was so sure we would lose that I didn't even watch it'

The wise Sphinx posed this riddle, and clever Oedipus guessed the answer.  Can you?  Don’t be too literal.
What goes on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening? 

My rebus is a current golfer who I barrack for even though he is not Australian.  I enjoyed watching him in action over the weekend.

#5  9(#5 #4)

Conceptually one line.
Picture 1. You don’t need a specific name.
Picture 3.  One word(10).  Use only the first four letters.

And I’ll leave you with

Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: November 20, 2023, 08:41:43 PM »
Linda will get this in a flash!

Indeed I did, Pen!  Watched it just recently.

I assume, because you mentioned Linda, that you were watching your favourite TV series and not the NETFLIX adaptation of the C.S. Lewis book.

How well you know us, Jack!   >:D 

Grey and drizzly here today so looks a day to get on with some painting - walls and woodwork that is, not oils and watercolours!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: November 21, 2023, 12:11:35 AM »

Indeed I did, Pen!  Watched it just recently.

How well you know us, Jack!   >:D 

Grey and drizzly here today so looks a day to get on with some painting - walls and woodwork that is, not oils and watercolours!  >:D

I knew you'd get it in double quick time Linda.  Are we a bit predictable do you think?  :laugh:

I watched Painted in Blood recently.  I thought you might be copying Joyce Barnaby and joining the local watercolour painting group.  I can see you going out with your easel and tripping over a dead body in the bushes  :laugh:  >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: November 21, 2023, 12:22:25 AM »
I watched Painted in Blood recently.

A good one.  I have dabbled in watercolours but I'm afraid I'm a bit heavy handed.  Fare better with oils.  Haven't painted for a while though ... perhaps when I've retired I'll take it up again.  I did have a fancy for learning to make things out of stained glass but a woman I spoke to said her friend did it and her hands were absolutely ruined!  May be worth the risk though.  Back to my wall painting - have left a streak or two so hubby will have to sort those out!  >:D