Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 860889 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #10275 on: November 15, 2023, 07:45:46 PM »
you're not interested in who they are

How could those words even fall from your lips, Pen!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: November 15, 2023, 11:14:13 PM »

How could those words even fall from your lips, Pen!!  >:D

Oh Linda you're right - I obviously didn't engage brain first :laugh:

I was only thinking about you yesterday evening. Haven't had an update for a little while.  How's things and how are the kitchen and bathroom coming along? Is the end in sight?   :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: November 16, 2023, 12:35:46 AM »
My rebus is some grub which originates from a county not a million miles from here!

Hi Pen,

Our indigenous food is witchetty grub.

Technically, my puzzles tonight are not rebuses because they don't have pictures, but I thought they might encourage our followers who have problems with presenting pictures to make some contributions.

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain appears to be meaningless in isolation but it has a definite connection to a rainbow.  Can you spot what that is?

Andrew was born in 1767; Colin was born in 1967; Glenda was born in 1936; Gordon was born in 1923; Janet was born in 1966; Jesse was born in 1941; Michael was born in 1958; Peter was born in 1961; Samuel was born in 1948;and Thomas was born in 1824.

They all have the same surname

What is their surname?  They are all famous but which one was an American President?

And I’ll leave you with.

Ready, Set, Go!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 12:56:57 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: November 16, 2023, 02:26:06 AM »

Our indigenous food is witchetty grub.

Technically, my puzzles tonight are not rebuses because they don't have pictures, but I thought they might encourage our followers who have problems with presenting pictures to make some contributions.

And I’ll leave you with.

Hi Jack

I'll pass on the witchetty grub if it's all the same to you - not very appetising  :laugh:

I'm not sure how busy it's going to be this afternoon.  Crossing my fingers it's not going to be too hectic!

I have answers for both your puzzles.  I was quite smug to start with but now I'm beginning to doubt myself!

I've got a couple of brain teasers.

What makes this number unique? — 8,549,176,320

What is unusual about the following words: revive, banana, grammar, voodoo, assess, potato, dresser, uneven?

and here's a nice simple rebus.  More yummy food and not a grub in sight >:D

#4 2 #3 #4

Please use three consecutive letters from the second word of the pink gentleman in picture one! One homophone and position is of the utmost importance.

Great pictures of Bonnie  :-*

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: November 16, 2023, 06:07:06 PM »
I'll pass on the witchetty grub if it's all the same to you.
I've got a couple of brain teasers and here's a nice simple rebus.

Hi Pen,

I was watching an episode of As time goes by as I was having my lunch.  When Blue popped around, I commented to him the different approach to life that Lionel (conservative mid 50’s) and his father Rocky(adventurous near 80) had – the reverse to to the norm.  Blue said, “ I could do you a poem about that.”.   Off he went and about half an hour later he emailed me this.
Some people are averse to change
They like to keep things as they are
They are disinclined to rearrange
Their habits, routines, or repertoire
Some people are hesitant to try
New things that might challenge or scare them
They are loath to step out of their comfort zone
And face the unknown or the mayhem
But some people are eager to explore
The world and all its wonders and mysteries
They are willing to learn and grow more
And seek new adventures and histories
Some people are adventurous and bold
They love to take risks and have fun
They are venturesome and never old
They embrace life and all that can be done.

He was so quick I suspect he used the AI feature on his browser.

Great rebus and brainteasers, Pen.  I’ll make a bet that Gareth gets the first one.

A brainteaser for you.

I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Then I turned east and hiked for 3 miles. I then turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time I came upon a bear inside my tent eating my food! What colour was the bear?

My very, very simple rebus is a prison that women can only visit.

8(#4  #4)   #6

And I’ll leave you with.

Rock on!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:10:24 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: November 16, 2023, 07:07:05 PM »
Hi Jack
Re your rebus I did not know that women can visit ,you learn something every day

Have enjoyed the puzzle that you and Pen included

Carol

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: November 16, 2023, 08:22:41 PM »
How's things and how are the kitchen and bathroom coming along?

Hi Pen, I've been a bit busy lately and haven't managed to keep you updated but the kitchen is now habitable and looking lovely.  So pleased with it.  The small things please me most - the pretty things - like my new biscuit barrel which is yellow and looks like something Winnie the Pooh would have in his house!  Still some tweaking to do but we are pretty much there.  Need some tiles for above the hob and some electrics still to finish off but at least no dust any more.  Bathroom just needs some skirting board and the odd paint touch up.  It's so nice not to have workmen lumbering all over the house and appearing in places you least expect them to be.  New carpet next!  Went with local firm who are going to fit it before Christmas.  Not cheap though - why is everything so expensive now?!

Hope you're well and taking it easy, if you can.  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: November 16, 2023, 09:13:47 PM »

I've been a bit busy lately  The small things please me most - the pretty things - like my new biscuit barrel which is yellow and looks like something Winnie the Pooh would have in his house!  why is everything so expensive now?!

Hope you're well and taking it easy, if you can.  >:D

Hi Linda

It's great to hear from you - I guessed you were very busy which is why I haven't asked for an update for a little while.  It's fantastic news that it's almost done :) What a relief to be rid of the workmen popping up all over the place  :laugh:  Love the sound of your biscuit barrel but you forgot the most pleasing thing of all - the new wine rack  :laugh:  >:D

How right you are.  Everything is so much more expensive now  :(  My weekly shopping seems to go up every week! Maybe it's all the bottles of pink muck  >:D

I'm good thanks  :)  Relieved when Thursday comes round and I have four days off.  Work's been very busy the last few weeks but we have a new receptionist just started so that'll take the pressure off thank goodness.  I'm getting as much housework as possible done today so I can take it easy over the weekend  :)

Pen x

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: November 16, 2023, 09:24:05 PM »

Blue said, “ I could do you a poem about that.”.   

Great rebus and brainteasers, Pen.  I’ll make a bet that Gareth gets the first one.

Hi Jack

Just a flying visit from me.  A cracking post  :)  I'm off to Sainsburys to get some shopping.

Blue's right - I could do with being a little bit more adventurous sometimes!  I do try not to get stuck in too much of a rut.

I'm willing to bet you 50p (my standard bet  :laugh:) that Gareth got them both in double quick time  ;)

Hopefully, like Arnie...

This afternoon!!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: November 16, 2023, 09:52:37 PM »
the new wine rack

I'd forgotten about wine cooler.  It beckons me most evenings!! 

Glad to hear you're fine and hope you have a lovely, long weekend drinking your pink muck.

Book club again tonight and it's my turn to pay for the vastly overpriced bottle of pink.  :(   Seething inwardly as I pay for it but smiling sweetly outwardly!!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: November 16, 2023, 11:02:01 PM »
Hi Carol.

All I know for sure is that only men can be incarcerated.  I assumed that visitors could be of either gender.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: November 17, 2023, 02:03:38 AM »

I'd forgotten about wine cooler.  It beckons me most evenings!! 

Glad to hear you're fine and hope you have a lovely, long weekend drinking your pink muck.

Book club again tonight and it's my turn to pay for the vastly overpriced bottle of pink.  :(   Seething inwardly as I pay for it but smiling sweetly outwardly!!  >:D

How could you have forgotten your wonderful new wine cooler?  :o

Your book club has come round again quickly!  Doesn't seem long since you last had to fork out for the expensive pink plonk.  Can't you tell them it was sold out and get a bit cheaper one?  >:D Would they actually notice the difference?  There's plenty of reasonably priced pinks to be had!

Looking forward my lovely long weekend.  Wish it would warm up a bit.  I'll toast your good health with a glass of not overpriced pink  :)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: November 17, 2023, 03:38:01 AM »
I'm back Jack

I've had a busy day!  Done a few chores, been shopping and popped over to see Zoe.  Relaxing now with my post and a cuppa :)

I'm piggybacking off your rebus for mine!  It's a film from the 1960's.

7 (#4 + #3) #2 8 (#2 + #3 + #3)

You need the last three letters of the surname of the gent in picture two.  Please lose the first two letters of picture three and use the first two letters of the first name of the actor in picture four. Ignore the gent in picture six and use the first three letters of what you're left with and please pretend it's all on one line.

My neighbours have trained their dog to go and fetch a bottle of wine...
He's a Bordeaux collie!

Leave you with a naff joke  ;D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: November 17, 2023, 08:41:58 PM »
There's plenty of reasonably priced pinks to be had!

I know!  The Zinfadel at the book club can be bought in Morrisons for around £7.50 a bottle!  I was pleasantly surprised when I had to fork out £16.50 last night.  They have charged as much as £18 for the flaming stuff.  Don't even like it that much.  Too sweet for my taste but the white they serve is similar and dearer. 

Lovely crisp, bright day here today, Pen, so hope your weather is similar and that you make the most of your time away from work.  We are hanging pictures and generally tidying this today.  Just been informed that the electrician is coming over later this morning to do something mysterious with cables and install an outside light so we're still not entirely workmen free.  At least he's not venturing bathroomwards!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: November 17, 2023, 10:21:47 PM »
Hi Pen.

Even though I had a poppy nap this afternoon, I am still knackered, so here is a couple I prepared earlier.

And I’ll leave you with this…………….

and the caption read “When your 'work' day starts with this face, you just can't have a bad day”
Regards, Jack